ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go METS 2016 thread ......Just get in and anything can happen!

Who was hating on him last season when he was healthy? He was batting sub-.200 with an OPS+ of 50 before he got hurt this year. That literally makes him half as good as average. Criticism is fair until he snaps out of it. Hopefully it was tied to the shoulder and once he's healthy he gets back to where he was.
He's no Paul LoDuca or Mike Piazza. Unless I'm forgetting, the catcher position has not been a source of offensive power since those two, and Lo Duca is stretching it.

He's no Paul LoDuca or Mike Piazza. Unless I'm forgetting, the catcher position has not been a source of offensive power since those two, and Lo Duca is stretching it.
Ramon Castro with his enormous face was a beast back in 2007.

Another greatest moment in the history of baseball. Sindagard goes deep

2 homers by a pitcher....yawn

Last edited:
Just stand there and don't swing against familia. He does not throw many strikes. Never knew why hitters chase all that crap that he throws.

familia's slider looks like strike and drops off the table its hard not swing. Good to see him getting back to last years form.

If I'm a Met fan - looking back on the long history of both Met's baseball and baseball in general - I'm hoping they aren't "blowing their load" too soon. Way too many crazy things happening, early, so far IMHO.

If I'm a Met fan - looking back on the long history of both Met's baseball and baseball in general - I'm hoping they aren't "blowing their load" too soon. Way too many crazy things happening, early, so far IMHO.

I don't even think they are playing that well. Pitching isn't as good as it could be and lots of guys striking out too much.

I would take a LoDuca on this team ASAP. JFC can we trade for a catcher already? Darnot's hitting streaks and yearly injuries should bounch this guy off the team.

Although not the same wow factor potential as darnaud cause of the power, plawecki has potential. I know average isn't everything but he has more potential of a .280-.300 hitter than darnaud and he's better defensively. The problem will work itself out

Reactions: tico brown
Well he was their only source of offense tonight with the 2 rbis...bats have quieted down a bit recently....

I'm almost starting to worry. The starting pitching outside of Syndergaard and Colon (last night notwithstanding) is off. Harvey is downright pedestrian. Matz has been great, but the arm thing is concerning. They are all super streaky hitters and unfortunately seem to all be streaky together. Someone would say fire the manager, but the only thing the manager does is motivate guys and manage the bullpen. Collins does those things just fine so that's not the issue. It might be time to find another bat to shake things up.

I agree with all your concerns (except mgr). We have Wheeler backing up the starting rotation soon - could be the best non Mets trade of all-time. The National League does not have many strong teams this year, so the Mets will be contending all year. We could have also used Fullmer this year the way these pitcher blow out, but we need some hitters.

I'm honestly not worried about the Mets during the regular season. Yes Harvey looks shaky rather surprisingly, for the first time of his career. Matz has always been a bit of an injury risk- I'm not surprised. Just gotta hope both he and Harvey get back to form. Quickly.

Bats are streaky for sure and this is the biggest all or nothing type homerun hitting mets team I can remember. Hopefully they don't end up living and dying by that it, and can improve their situational approach and execution. It would make the pitchers lives a lot easier haha

Last edited:
I was paranoid and worried until I realized you are not going to get 8 innings and one run from your pitchers every night. I was also complaining about being 6-4 in the last ten games until doing the math ....keep going 6-4 and you have 97 wins ! Just avoid having more than a two/three game losing streak

Looks like Matz is a go his next start. No major injury.

Nats series finally here and looking for Murphy to kill the Met$.

But according to the "experts" (yankees d bags) the NL East is the worst in the league...similar to NFL the NFC east had a single down year last year but everyone thinks it's garbage. Ridiculous, the Giants Cowboys and Eagles have continually beat each other up the past 15 or so years making for an extremely competitive division.

Tremendous bounce back effort against the Nats tonight to get the Mets back on track. games in May are just as important as the ones of September, especially against a division rival. Huge win. This guy Syndergaard out dueled Scherczer prettyyyy pretty good!

Duda out for possibly two months. What to do at first. Conforto ? Walker? Flores when off 15 day DL ? Mets killing Gio tonight.

Moving Conforto to first is tempting as it would enable the Mets to play Lagares in center, which is clearly their best defensive outfield. But I would not mess with him. Let him stay in his comfort zone and put his primary focus on swinging the bat.

I suspect that Flores will get most of the first base play.

Reactions: shields
the proper move IMO, assuming any professional player should be able to play first base (except piazza oof lol), is cespedes lagares grandy in outfield with Conforto at first. Makes too much sense

Might survive with Campbell and Kelly if you get anything from Plawecki. Can't have an average to below average catcher hitting under .200.

Look for Mets to sign / trade for James Loney or Adam Laroche.

Flores will play 1B when he returns.

D'Arnaud heading to Port St Lucie mid week so he's getting better (hopefully)...Plawecki can't hit......

It still bothers me greatly that Mets did not resign Murph and play him at 1B and trade Duda during offseason. Duda is a stiff who can't hit lefties; strikes out too much and is too inconsistent......

Might survive with Campbell and Kelly if you get anything from Plawecki. . . . .
That is the one thing they cannot do. That's the AAA line-up and reeks of what the Mets were dealing with the first half of last season. Should we get Gary Matthews back too.

Look for Mets to sign / trade for James Loney or Adam Laroche.
Loney seems like a no brainer. He is in AAA and I believe the Rays are still paying him. Not much power, but consistent .285 BA and solid defense.

I doubt they want the Laroche and Son circus.

Scott Boras just called Sandy Alderson to let him know that Boras is now ready to discuss a long term contract extension for Harvey. Sandy let it go to voicemail.

Last edited:
Reactions: superfan01
I'm afraid to look it up ,but what was the potential trade with Boston. Please don't tell me it was Betts and Bogaerts. Skip a start ? Minors ? DL ?

It was SS Bogaerts

Folks, we got a Harvey problem.
hqdefault.jpg

I'm afraid to look it up ,but what was the potential trade with Boston. Please don't tell me it was Betts and Bogaerts. Skip a start ? Minors ? DL ?

It was SS Bogaerts
There was never a proposed deal, it was just speculation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT