ADVERTISEMENT

Let's just get it out of the way with Schiano

This. Anyone who says recruiting doesn’t matter has no clue about CFB.
When you are Program competing with the MAC for Recruits there is no chance you will win in the B1G.

Its a process.
You coach up players and show a way forward. That gets better kids to sign on.

Syracuse 2017 beat Clemson.
Syracuse 2018 9-3 and 2nd best bowl in ACC.
With equally bad recruiting classes as RU.
Dont you think those results will lead to better classes?

Its a process.
You coach up players and show a way forward. That gets better kids to sign on.

Syracuse 2017 beat Clemson.
Syracuse 2018 9-3 and 2nd best bowl in ACC.
With equally bad recruiting classes as RU.
Dont you think those results will lead to better classes?

Syracuse also plays in a Joke of a conference which had a team representing them in their conference championship game that got b*tchslapped 51-6 by the team that finished 3rd in our DIVISION, let alone conference.

It's an apples to oranges comparison, no pun intended. You simply cannot win in the big 10 east without recruiting. This years Syracuse team realistically probably doesn't even make a bowl game playing in our conferance this year. That or it's a 6 win pinstripe bowl type of season

Syracuse also plays in a Joke of a conference which had a team representing them in their conference championship game that got b*tchslapped 51-6 by the team that finished 3rd in our DIVISION, let alone conference.

It's an apples to oranges comparison, no pun intended. You simply cannot win in the big 10 east without recruiting. This years Syracuse team realistically probably doesn't even make a bowl game playing in our conferance this year. That or it's a 6 win pinstripe bowl type of season

Northwestern beat us only 18-15
Also lost to Duke 21-7.
Duke went 3-5 and finished 6th in their DIVISION of the ACC.

Mike Houston just took a job with ECU.. what else ya got?

He said:

"That says nothing at all negative about James Madison because I have been fortunate to have a job that is - I may never have another situation like this ever, as long as I coach. I told the players, to me, this is Camelot to a degree. JMU nation, the players and program, the administration, James Madison University in general, there's just so much. But the opportunity professionally at East Carolina coupled with the opportunity to be back in North Carolina and being very close to Charleston, S.C., there's a lot of things that make it right for Amanda, and the boys and I."
Looks like Virginia was too far north for him and his family.

Northwestern beat us only 18-15
Also lost to Duke 21-7.
Duke went 3-5 and finished 6th in their DIVISION of the ACC.
uhuh... Northwestern also beat Purdue who lost to Ohio State.... So whats your point?

So under your logic because Northwestern beat us by 3 and Purdue by 4 we must be better than Purdue right? Ohio State lost to Purdue by 29 so that means we should have beaten Ohio State by 30 right?

I'm just using your logic....

He said:

"That says nothing at all negative about James Madison because I have been fortunate to have a job that is - I may never have another situation like this ever, as long as I coach. I told the players, to me, this is Camelot to a degree. JMU nation, the players and program, the administration, James Madison University in general, there's just so much. But the opportunity professionally at East Carolina coupled with the opportunity to be back in North Carolina and being very close to Charleston, S.C., there's a lot of things that make it right for Amanda, and the boys and I."

I know a former JMU cheerleader. She ain't bad. A little snooty, but... cute little body.

Reactions: NickRU714

He said:

Ummm, he went from FCS to FBS and got a payraise from $375k/year to $1.3 million....

But yea it was because Virginia was too far north that he made the move...[eyeroll]

I know a former JMU cheerleader. She ain't bad. A little snooty, but... cute little body.

Haha.
My wife went to JMU. Said it is like 60% female and all smokeshows.

She said I really missed out in getting her. Her words not mine.

uhuh... Northwestern also beat Purdue who lost to Ohio State.... So whats your point?

So under your logic because Northwestern beat us by 3 and Purdue by 4 we must be better than Purdue right? Ohio State lost to Purdue by 29 so that means we should have beaten Ohio State by 30 right?

I'm just using your logic....

I'm just saying that every fanbase calls every other team and conference overrated.

And every fanbase calls their own team and conference underrated.

Ummm, he went from FCS to FBS and got a payraise from $375k/year to $1.3 million....

But yea it was because Virginia was too far north that he made the move...[eyeroll]
And you wanted a guy just 5 years younger than Schiano while complaining people who disagree with you are too old. And your guy was never even an assistant at a P5 school. But surely his playing days must give him that experience with qa P5 program... nope.. Mars Hill University. Well, we need offense.. surely he must have been a field general.. a QB... nope.. tight end.

FCS is a different ball game. Your Mike Houston would have been a bigger risk than Greg Schiano.

Who else ya got?

I'm just saying that every fanbase calls every other team and conference overrated.

And every fanbase calls their own team and conference underrated.

And what every knowledgeable fan agrees on regardless is that recruiting matters

And you wanted a guy just 5 years younger than Schiano while complaining people who disagree with you are too old. And your guy was never even an assistant at a P5 school. But surely his playing days must give him that experience with qa P5 program... nope.. Mars Hill University. Well, we need offense.. surely he must have been a field general.. a QB... nope.. tight end.

FCS is a different ball game. Your Mike Houston would have been a bigger risk than Greg Schiano.

Who else ya got?

What are you talking about? Because I want a coach who has worked his way up not being handed anything? How can I help it Schiano went to penn state and immediately got his coaching career started at a powerhouse?

Give me the guy who has succeeded at every level he’s been, not the guy who completely failed at the job he left us for.

Get me the guy who doesn’t have images of students screaming and photos of Jerry Sandusky pop up just by googling his name. Get me the guy who has actually been a college HC sometime in the last 8 years.

Get me the guy that if we hire him we WON’T have every other big 10 school laughing at us.

Your clueless old man. You’ve given up. You’re resorting to the only guy you’ve ever seen have success here. What happens if he fails? Then do we just shut down the program because some of you are convinced Greg Schiano is the only person on the planet who can coach Rutgers football?

Give me the guy who is 80-24 as a college football coach and is in tuned with leading a program today.

I promise you, old UConn fans were elated when they hired back Edsall

What are you talking about? Because I want a coach who has worked his way up not being handed anything? How can I help it Schiano went to penn state and immediately got his coaching career started at a powerhouse?

Give me the guy who has succeeded at every level he’s been, not the guy who completely failed at the job he left us for.

Get me the guy who doesn’t have images of students screaming and photos of Jerry Sandusky pop up just by googling his name. Get me the guy who has actually been a college HC sometime in the last 8 years.

Get me the guy that if we hire him we WON’T have every other big 10 school laughing at us.

Your clueless old man. You’ve given up. You’re resorting to the only guy you’ve ever seen have success here. What happens if he fails? Then do we just shut down the program because some of you are convinced Greg Schiano is the only person on the planet who can coach Rutgers football?

Give me the guy who is 80-24 as a college football coach and is in tuned with leading a program today.

I promise you, old UConn fans were elated when they hired back Edsall

You have NOTHING... that's why you have to argue with the likes of..

- you are too old to understand
- Schiano had things handed to him.. that's what happens when you are a Bucknell LB.. you automatically get a GA job at Penn State because none of Penn State's former players want that job.
- Edsall failed
- Jerry Sandusky
- You pretend everyone who thinks Schiano is a good candidate think's he is the ONLY candidate.. because that helps your argument that "old" people just don't understand

Schinao has done it here before and he could do it again.

It doesn't matter if he fails because ANYONE you bring in could fail here. Schiano is literally the ONLY candidate who has not failed here and you want to eliminate him from consideration. That's insane.

You are insane.

You don't even offer any more names for consideration.

We found Schiano and he improved the program. If he was out there and capable of that, there had to be another. And there are probably a few even now that could do it. But who?

I disagree with the big name / big money idea. I think we are likely to fall for that big name guy looking for his last big payday. I think Schiano should be the first option.. not the only option. I do not think we give him ridiculous guaranteed money. Give him a huge bonus if he gets us to 3 bowl games in a row or gets us ranked in final poll 2 seasons in a row. That will prove he was worthy of getting top dollar as a P5 head coach... and if that happens we'll be making more money.

You start the candidate list with Schiano.. but certainly you add to it.. and I would look for young candidates with a similar background to Schianos.. some New Jersey connection or a proven recruiter... I would also favor some RPO master.. because until that offense is nerfed with some rules changes you need it... but it must come together with a top recruiter.

The problem I see is that Rutgers looks so bad right now.. that if we wait for the right candidate he will be attractive to other programs that do not have Rutgers baggage... or challenge.. the Bit Ten East being the toughest in college football.

I think you are too young to realize how bad things are.

@GoodOl'Rutgers, you excoriate other posters for lack of facts, but you (and RutgersBaghdadAl) have predicated your entire argument on one assertion:

That is the definition of opinion.

"He did it before" is a fact.

When talking about the future all anyone has is opinion.

Guess you really showed me up there.

Why are you guys creating new threads to slam Schiano? Its not even likely to happen. Just let rutgersal's insanity sit alone until we actually have a coaching search. But if we do.. Schiano deserves consideration and nothing any of you can possibly say can "win" that argument.

"He did it before" is a fact.

When talking about the future all anyone has is opinion.

Guess you really showed me up there.

I was referring to the statement about the future.

And if it's opinion, don't state it as fact. You're not being as clever as you think you are. You're starting to look like BaghdadAl, and he's an idiot.

I was referring to the statement about the future.

And if it's opinion, don't state it as fact. You're not being as clever as you think you are. You're starting to look like BaghdadAl, and he's an idiot.
No one should interpret "he can do it again" as an attempt to falsely claim a fact.

That is a reader's error, not a writer's error.

No one should interpret "he can do it again" as an attempt to falsely claim a fact.

That is a reader's error, not a writer's error.

Except that when BaghdadAl says it, he's stating it as fact.

And again, proper writing does not induce reader error. It's intentional on your part and now you're trying to walk it back.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Except that when BaghdadAl says it, he's stating it as fact.

And again, proper writing does not induce reader error. It's intentional on your part and now you're trying to walk it back.

That's BS... you should know better. I suspect you are just trying to needle me. I cannot defend rutgersal's post. He was too definitive.

But much of what was said by yessir is speculative as well.. was he trying to pass it off as fact that Schiano CANNOT succeed again? He probably was.

I actually allowed that Schiano could fail.. I said he might not be as driven as he was as a younger man. I said that he already has his retirement money made. I said the possibility of failure doesn't matter because ANY candidate can fail.. I also said he COULD do it again. Not WILL do it again.. COULD. And yo read that as stating fact?

Extreme reader error on your part.. and I think intentional just to argue a point.

That's BS... you should know better. I suspect you are just trying to needle me. I cannot defend rutgersal's post. He was too definitive.

But much of what was said by yessir is speculative as well.. was he trying to pass it off as fact that Schiano CANNOT succeed again? He probably was.

I actually allowed that Schiano could fail.. I said he might not be as driven as he was as a younger man. I said that he already has his retirement money made. I said the possibility of failure doesn't matter because ANY candidate can fail.. I also said he COULD do it again. Not WILL do it again.. COULD. And yo read that as stating fact?

Extreme reader error on your part.. and I think intentional just to argue a point.

Okay, I'll let this one slide.

But stop Al-ing it up, man... it's not a good look. :)

You have NOTHING... that's why you have to argue with the likes of..

- you are too old to understand
- Schiano had things handed to him.. that's what happens when you are a Bucknell LB.. you automatically get a GA job at Penn State because none of Penn State's former players want that job.
- Edsall failed
- Jerry Sandusky
- You pretend everyone who thinks Schiano is a good candidate think's he is the ONLY candidate.. because that helps your argument that "old" people just don't understand

Schinao has done it here before and he could do it again.

It doesn't matter if he fails because ANYONE you bring in could fail here. Schiano is literally the ONLY candidate who has not failed here and you want to eliminate him from consideration. That's insane.

You are insane.

You don't even offer any more names for consideration.

We found Schiano and he improved the program. If he was out there and capable of that, there had to be another. And there are probably a few even now that could do it. But who?

I disagree with the big name / big money idea. I think we are likely to fall for that big name guy looking for his last big payday. I think Schiano should be the first option.. not the only option. I do not think we give him ridiculous guaranteed money. Give him a huge bonus if he gets us to 3 bowl games in a row or gets us ranked in final poll 2 seasons in a row. That will prove he was worthy of getting top dollar as a P5 head coach... and if that happens we'll be making more money.

You start the candidate list with Schiano.. but certainly you add to it.. and I would look for young candidates with a similar background to Schianos.. some New Jersey connection or a proven recruiter... I would also favor some RPO master.. because until that offense is nerfed with some rules changes you need it... but it must come together with a top recruiter.

The problem I see is that Rutgers looks so bad right now.. that if we wait for the right candidate he will be attractive to other programs that do not have Rutgers baggage... or challenge.. the Bit Ten East being the toughest in college football.

I think you are too young to realize how bad things are.

It’s not a matter of waiting... good lord you are like speaking to a brick wall. Mike Houston is attainable next season. You don’t think he wouldn’t leap at the opportunity of a P5 job and a pay raise to $2.5 million.

Quit pretending I’m not giving you the exact answer as to who our next coach should be. His name is Mike Houston.

Do you even know of any other coaches who may be realistic candidates? Or are you just saying Schiano because you haven’t bothered researching anyone else? You certainly haven’t researched Schiano lately. You are basing your entire hopes on the idea that he’s done it here before without looking at what he has accomplished (or lack there of) lately.

Ohio States defense has been b*tchslapped the last 3 years when it mattered. They judge on NC’s up there and what does it say about a guy who coaches a defense that has ranked in the top 20 in the country the last 5 years including a NC with chris ash as the dc to have them currently fall to 67th this year?

This on top of his total failure in Tampa and lack of any HC experience since then...

You have to wake up sir. It’s ok to applaud him for what he did in the past, but moving forward with everything that has happened at Rutgers both on the field and off, in the ultra PC world we live in, it would be a disaster to hire a coach with a name tied to Sandusky at this point. A total F*cking disaster

Reactions: brgRC90
To put it more succinctly:
Greg Schiano was a Rutgers football fans first girlfriend. It was young, new , and exciting. However, at times it was maddening and drove you nuts. But you got to touch boob and it was your first taste of boob.
A portion of this fan base thinks boob is enough and think its the best boob they will ever get. Others want more, they want the sects.
I thought John Bateman was Rutgers first girlfriend ?

Reactions: NickKnight 1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT