ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. St. Bonaventure

I think the problem to a certain extent is Young (and Kiss) still haven't figured out their identity. The experienced guards in this system have mainly figured that out. Young is fast, but his separation moves aren't good enough. Just as fast, if not faster than Corey, but Corey had a viscous crossover. They need to run Young on some off ball screens as fast as he can to get separation and then let him make his move. He's also probably a good, if not best, transition finisher. Let him try his drives before the defense gets set.

As for Kiss, I do feel like he is an underappreciated good shooter, but he is wrongfully categorized as a strictly 3-pt shooter. The 3-pointer just doesn't look fluid and effortless enough. They need to get him some mid-range jumpers and floaters, maybe off some screens.

Just my two cents...

Reactions: RUMassAlum
That was a huge 3 for them. Time is now a factor for us. Gotta get to the line and score with the clock stopped.

Reactions: ScarletDave
We honestly can’t find one guy who can shoot a three and play marginal defense?

Not seeing the game but checking the box score it's obvious that the difference in this one has been outside. Specifically the 3 point shooting. RU shooting 25% from behind the arc compared to 47$ for the opponent. That's a recipe for losing every time.

I don't understand - Pike came in and immediately infused the team with some grit and a defensive identity. Welcomed relief from Eddie's teams. Our defensive rotations have sucked though. How many open threes are we going to allow this season?

PS: Memo to Pike, Young is a liability.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Not seeing the game but checking the box score it's obvious that the difference in this one has been outside. Specifically the 3 point shooting. RU shooting 25% from behind the arc compared to 47$ for the opponent. That's a recipe for losing every time.

its moreso our defense, i get what you are saying but our defense was atrocious early then we tighten up and got back in the game..we cant win track meets, not sure why Pike thinks we can

Ikpeze fouls out...Myles has to hit 2 ft here

I haven't been able to watch the game. I'm following it on my phone. I don't understand what the hell Pike is doing with his substitutions. Once again, another program can hit the three and we can't. They're shooting 50% and we've come UP to 43%. This is pathetic.

Reactions: zazoo2002
Pikiell is the worst at substitutions. Takes out myles when he’s shining and we’re left with no one to rebound

Reactions: Scangg
We knew this was gonna happen at some point or another.

Yet another year of no shooters.

C’mon, Pike...

Reactions: drewbagel423
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT