ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE UPDATES: Rutgers vs. Indiana

Bulsak keeps Willham down the remainder of the period, with Bulsak leading 4 - 0 still.

Bulsak chooses bottom to start the third

Bulsak with the reversal to make it 6 - 0. Bulsak cuts Willham and will work for the major

Indiana milking this injury time by stretching Willham’s arms and shoulders after an eye poke

Bulsak has a serious motor. He hustles his way to a takedown, and rides out the period for a 9 - 1 major decision.

Rutgers leads 29 - 3 going into heavyweight

Bullock rides McDermott out for the remainder of the first period. Still 4 - 1, Bullock.

Boone on top to start the second

Bullock gets another takedown on a body lock as the second period comes to an end. Bullock leads McDermott 7 - 1.

Boone chooses neutral to start the third

Boone looks awful and out of shape…and Bullock is not good.

Bullock with a big blast double to ice the match. He leads 9 - 1 with the third period expiring. Bullock wins a 10 - 1 major decision with the RT point.

Rutgers wins the dual 29 - 7

Takeaways:
- Sebastian Rivera, John Poznanski, and Greg Bulsak are pretty good at this wrestling thing... in all seriousness, these are three legitimate national title contenders. All three are absolutely on fire.
- Welcome back, Mr. Turley
- A lot of grit shown tonight. Shawver, Kanniard, and Clark all did a great job of stepping up

Takeaways:
- Sebastian Rivera, John Poznanski, and Greg Bulsak are pretty good at this wrestling thing... in all seriousness, these are three legitimate national title contenders. All three are absolutely on fire.
- Welcome back, Mr. Turley
- A lot of grit shown tonight. Shawver, Kanniard, and Clark all did a great job of stepping up
Ive seen a few people over the last week mention Bulsak as a national title contender. He has been amazing but does anyone really think he would have a chance against Ferrari?

Ive seen a few people over the last week mention Bulsak as a national title contender. He has been amazing but does anyone really think he would have a chance against Ferrari?
Yes, other guys in the weight class worry me more than Ferrari. I could see Bulsak beating him in a low scoring match by a riding time point.

You don’t have to be the favorite in order to be a contender. Bulsak could lose 15-0 to Ferrari, end up taking 6th or something and it wouldn’t mean the contender label was unfounded.

I think he'd have more problems against Dean from Penn State. If he can beat Dean or keep is really,really close, Bulsak has a very good chance to AA this year, but no way a National Champ

It’s only going to get worse for Boone with Hillger, Luffman, Kerkvliet, Parris, and Orndorff all upcoming.

Bulsak has been phenomenal and fun to watch, but I'd like to see a few different moves on top other than legs. Wisconsin knew that he was going to throw them in. Luckily he prevailed. The competition will be ready for it as the season goes on.

Boone is undersized and needs to get in better shape. He throws the thunder, which may get the crowd going, but it also exhausts him. He's got a lot of crafty moves, but he can't try to out-muscle the big guys. He needs to build his lungs up and use his agility. He certainly has a tough road ahead.

Gutsy wins from Kannaird and Clark. Kannaird needs to finish the shots. It's just alarming how easy he gets tossed to his back after he takes a shot. He needs to get on the Ferarri strength training program.

Watching Turley was refreshing. Hopefully he is feeling good and can get back to peak shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I think he'd have more problems against Dean from Penn State. If he can beat Dean or keep is really,really close, Bulsak has a very good chance to AA this year, but no way a National Champ
Ferrari could always get knocked off by someone else at nationals.. never know.. and looking at the schedule…. Bulsak will face:

1/9 Wisconsin #24 Amos
1/16 Penn st #2 Dean
1/21 Mich st #19 Caffey(was better last year)
1/23 Mich #9 Brucki
Also may meet #4 Schultz #5 Warner @bigT(c)

McDermott just ain't it ladies and gentlemen! Very disappointed in his progress. I thought he was going to come in and make a huge impact.
There was too much hype on Boone when he was looking good against lesser competition unfortunately…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT