ADVERTISEMENT

Love how We Played at Hofstra this Season

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Brian puts a lot of thought into the schedule. We didn’t get exactly what we wanted but close. He played the RPI game masterfully. He figured out the formula.

Playing Hofstra at Hofstra I don’t believe was part of the RPI algorithm. Instead, it was an eye on going back for the tourney. He didn’t want the kids stepping on that field having last been there in a heartbreaker. It was weird for the guys to be back. They didn’t know how they were going to feel. But we put in one of most dominant performances that day moving well past the raw feelings still there from the UNC game.

Great job by the staff and team. They can go back with all positive energy.

I can say they’re all comfortable and looking forward to going over to Hofstra. It’s a familiar place for our guys

Reactions: Caliknight
For anyone commuting from Jersey that doesn’t want to brave the Belt Pkwy, you can take NJ Transit to NY Penn Station and then LIRR to Hempstead. From there it’s a 5 min. Uber ride. Total about 2 hrs or so from NB. If you are really committed to using public transit you can take a bus from Hempstead LIRR station to Shuart Stadium and add another 15-20 min to the commute time.

I can say they’re all comfortable and looking forward to going over to Hofstra. It’s a familiar place for our guys

Talked to Bren and some other guys about that. Going there and playing Hofstra, and hammering them, will be what I believe a critical part of this season when all was said and done.

Yea, they sucked this year, but that game was much more than just a game against a lower level team. Looking at the schedule, I immediately wondered why we were going to the Island 3x. Then it became very clear.

Love the it's going to be hot. Hotter the better. Cook Penn's short bench like ribs on a grill. I want to see Handley cramping up by half time. Pressure the hell out of him.

I noticed the last 3 games we've been sprinkling in even more guys. This after already playing a number of guys. Late games in May is why. We have a legit deep roster.

Love the it's going to be hot. Hotter the better. Cook Penn's short bench like ribs on a grill. I want to see Handley cramping up by half time. Pressure the hell out of him.

I noticed the last 3 games we've been sprinkling in even more guys. This after already playing a number of guys. Late games in May is why. We have a legit deep roster.
2nd mids got a lot of burn vs Harvard.

2nd mids got a lot of burn vs Harvard.

And we play 4 in that group. 14, 33, 22, 12. They've even been getting 1 in on attack in spot duties.

I would be shocked if the staff doesn't try to use our depth against them. From what I can tell, they play 1 O midfield with a another guy, so 4. 3 dmids and 1 ssdm and one attack line.

If we go 50% at the x, we are going to wear them down very quickly. Their goalie has been playing well. We need to make our shots count like we did against Harvard.

19 of 47 is solid. Pressure the hell out of them everywhere. I'd even throw a 10 man in for fun. They are going to be gassed or they are going to have to get guys in who have not played. NCAA second round game? I'll take my odds on getting over on those guys.

Last edited:
Hopefully we bring the "cool zone" fans with us to LI! Gonna be in the mid-90's on Saturday!

Actually, the weather reports I've seen indicate that LI is going to be 3-4 degrees cooler than Bergen and 7-8 degrees cooler than the Morristown area. Proximity to the ocean at this time of year mitigates the heat. Still, likely to be mid to upper 80s.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Actually, the weather reports I've seen indicate that LI is going to be 3-4 degrees cooler than Bergen and 7-8 degrees cooler than the Morristown area. Proximity to the ocean at this time of year mitigates the heat. Still, likely to be mid to upper 80s.

Mid to upper 80's on turf is mid to upper 90's. Weather report says 86 midday Sat. That's going to be near 100 on that turf. Perfect for us.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Yeah, I was going by my JC forecast lol! But @Caliknight is correct that's still mid-to-upper 90's on the turft!

@Caliknight I'm trying. Unfortunately same issue as last Saturday I've got 2 new buyers in the market and if they want to go out Sat, well, I'm screwed!

Reactions: dconifer
Big tournament weekend for girls on LI so I'm missing this golden opportunity to see RU lax play again locally. Father of a girl on our team will be the back-up referee for the games at Hofstra on Saturday.

Big tournament weekend for girls on LI so I'm missing this golden opportunity to see RU lax play again locally. Father of a girl on our team will be the back-up referee for the games at Hofstra on Saturday.

Slip him a few hundred, you know, to keep it fair.

Reactions: patk89
And we play 4 in that group. 14, 33, 22, 12. They've even been getting 1 in on attack in spot duties.

I would be shocked if the staff doesn't try to use our depth against them. From what I can tell, they play 1 O midfield with a another guy, so 4. 3 dmids and 1 ssdm and one attack line.

If we go 50% at the x, we are going to wear them down very quickly. Their goalie has been playing well. We need to make our shots count like we did against Harvard.

19 of 47 is solid. Pressure the hell out of them everywhere. I'd even throw a 10 man in for fun. They are going to be gassed or they are going to have to get guys in who have not played. NCAA second round game? I'll take my odds on getting over on those guys.
I would 10 man ride Penn from time to time. I'm willing to bet money we are far more athletically conditioned compared to Penn simply due to our Nascar style of play. Then add in the fact that it will likely be 90+ on Saturday which means the field Temps will be around 115-120 and I think Penn overheats like a car without coolant in the summer.

I would 10 man ride Penn from time to time. I'm willing to bet money we are far more athletically conditioned compared to Penn simply due to our Nascar style of play. Then add in the fact that it will likely be 90+ on Saturday which means the field Temps will be around 115-120 and I think Penn overheats like a car without coolant in the summer.
You run NASCAR and they run NAPCAR?

Slip him a few hundred, you know, to keep it fair.
I couldn't help myself and made that joke. He said just Venmo it over. I imagine that it is rare that the back-up is needed but they do their share of running back and forth and it will be hot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caliknight
I will say I’ve loved the reffing during the tourney. They are letting the kids play. Hope it continues

Reactions: ScarletDave
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT