ADVERTISEMENT

Mask/Vaccine Policy For Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the odds of getting myocarditis from the vaccine are incredibly low relative to getting long COVID symptoms and adverse medical outcomes if unvaccinated, just based on the published statistics. I assume that’s why every major medical group supports vaccination.
Just throwing this out there GO.
Our pediatrician recommended the double vaccination for our daughters.
When pressed for her personal opinion she refused to elaborate.
“This is what the CDC recommends”
Same went for masking and at the time 10 day isolations, for two kids with no symptoms.
Doc, do you really agree with this?
I believe they are scared to death of liability.

my kids pediatrician (who we are tight with and had a relationship prior to children) recommended no vaccine for them from day 1
Because the odds of getting myocarditis from the vaccine are incredibly low relative to getting long COVID symptoms and adverse medical outcomes if unvaccinated, just based on the published statistics. I assume that’s why every major medical group supports vaccination.
those studies were not performed exclusively on healthy kids aged 10-20 so meaningless when making decisions about a child, i am not interested in long Covid and myocarditis a 65 year old diabetes ridden woman has.

Reactions: bac2therac
side note clowns like GoRu LOVE to judge the shit out of people as passive aggressive way as possible, seems like quite the party .

and the other tough guy is like 75 years old so let's leave him alone

• Love
Same went for masking and at the time 10 day isolations, for two kids with no symptoms.
I’d say that:

1. They’re getting paid for their professional opinions, not personal. I’d at least be pleased knowing that this doctor didn’t let personal biases impact judgment.
2. Concerns about liability are generally overstated. They have malpractice insurance to cover them in the event they do get sued for anything.
3. Their own actions are in favor of vaccination (96% of physicians vaccinated).

I would also say that there are doctors out there that are less candid than others and I’ve switched in certain cases to some that are more direct. What you’re saying would probably drive me nuts to be fair.

Last edited:
Reactions: zappaa
I am going to regret wading into this . . . But it is clear that getting vaccinated does not reduce your ability to catch the virus and infect others. Which has been the big problem with this vaccine, we were told a lot of things that turned out not to be true. At this point people should be able to do whatever they want, you are not risking others, just yourself, and if you are generally healthy you probably aren’t taking a very big risk.
understand your worry over wading into this issue.
But what you said makes sense and is a worthwhile addition to the discussion, in my opinion.
Getting vaccinated has not stopped getting the virus as first thought it would.
That's because COVID 19 is constantly mutating from one variant to a new one that the shot doesn't fully protect anyone from catching and/or spreading.
Being vaccinated does give you a little more protection from catching Covid 19 and if not in your system the odds of spreading from yourself to others must be mighty slim, but really can't say one way or another
What being vaccinated does is make the symptoms more milder than if not vaxed and hospitalizations and deaths cause by the virus are much lower among the vaxed than the unvaxed.

The choice is everyone to make for themselves and for their minor children.
My family doesn't see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but on being vaccinated it was a must do for all.
But that choice was easy because of the health issue some family members have and wanting to make sure they are protected as much as can be.by all of us.

"What being vaccinated does is make the symptoms more milder than if not vaxed and hospitalizations and deaths cause by the virus are much lower among the vaxed than the unvaxed.'

this is not true

wouldn't be surprised of your pediatrician being afraid of being hit with malpractice if they advised not to get the shot and the parents that followed that advice went after her if their child caught the virus and had serious health complications .
Doctors have to be sure they know what the score is and in an ever changing health environment the safe call is advising patients exactly what your pediatrician advised you.
It's a better safe than sorry form of advice for her to give.
Giving advice contary to what the general scientific evidence says is needed can gwet doctors in hot water if something bad happens to the person following that advice.

Heck maybe she feels advising not to get the shot will come back to haunt her , while personally advising to get the shot might have a parent go after her over that advise if their child gets Covid 19 and has serious complications because of it

Reactions: zappaa
this is interesting. those who are fully vaxxed AND boosted have a higher death rate in the state than those who just have a primary vaccine series.

Vaxxed AND Boosted also have a higher hospitalization rate than those who have only received their primary series.

chewbacca desktop wallpaper

"What being vaccinated does is make the symptoms more milder than if not vaxed and hospitalizations and deaths cause by the virus are much lower among the vaxed than the unvaxed.'

this is not true
show why you say that, or is it just your opinion without proof to back it up.
Here something to think about that I found :
Myths vs. Facts: Making Sense of COVID-19 Vaccine Misinformation | The Brink | Boston University
>COVID vaccines have been shown to be very powerful in preventing more severe disease and the need for hospitalization. Breakthroughs occur at a much, much lower rate than in people who are unvaccinated. The breakthroughs have been occurring more frequently with the Delta variant because of the high level of infectiousness (or transmissibility) of the Delta variant and lower protection of current vaccines against this variant. But people having breakthroughs have much more mild infection, more like an upper respiratory infection. The vaccines prevent severe disease and complications and allow people to return to a more normal state. <
https://www.bu.edu/articles/2021/myths-vs-facts-covid-19-vaccine/

this is interesting. those who are fully vaxxed AND boosted have a higher death rate in the state than those who just have a primary vaccine series.

Vaxxed AND Boosted also have a higher hospitalization rate than those who have only received their primary series.

chewbacca desktop wallpaper
desktop wallpaper ? can you provide a link to see where from:
I found this, link provided below
COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Deaths by Vaccination Status - 421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf
>COVID-19 case rates among 12-34 year-old individuals are 1.7 times higher in
the unvaccinated population than in the population of those who have
completed the primary series<
https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

that's just an ad from the site that shrinks pics for msg boards

bottom line all the hospital and death numbers are sketchy because they don't distinguish (or publish) data on deaths FROM covid vs WITH covid. hospitalizations FROM covid or WITH covid. so everybody is making their arguments with flawed data. including what i just posted. it's fact that there are drowning/choking etc deaths that fall under covid deaths.

if people want to get vaccinated have had it. too many people judging what others are doing is where the problem is. who fuc*ing cares.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
WHO STATEMENT

Absolutely interesting WHO interim statement on vaccinating children which was issued on August 11, 2022. It includes lots of info and goes over vaccination data and the benefits and risks of vaccinating kids. It is pro vaccinating kids but spells out the risks of doing it. It also does a comparison of how covid and influenza affect children.

I found many things interesting in this report and wanted to highlight two of them.

1. "However, during the current Omicron dominant period, vaccine impact on transmission is only modest and short-lived." Basically getting the Covid shot isn't helping much in slowing the spread of the virus. Which means Rutgers policy is bs.

And for those who were in favor of school shutdowns:

2. Socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and pandemic response on children and adolescents

Despite their lower risk of severe COVID-19 disease, children and adolescents have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 control measures. The most important indirect effects are related to school closures which have disrupted the provision of educational services and increased emotional distress and mental health problems(22). When unable to attend school and socially isolated, children are more prone to maltreatment, sexual violence, adolescent pregnancy, and child marriage, all of which increase the probability of missing further education and of poor pregnancy outcomes.

A range of follow-on effects of school closures occur. These include disruption in physical activity and routines and loss of access to a wide range of school-provided services such as school meals, health, nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and services targeted to children with special needs such as learning support, speech therapy and social skills training. Children not attending school face enhanced risks of cyberbullying from other children, and the potential for predatory behavior from adults related to spending more time online.

Longer-term, prolonged school closures lead to education loss and exacerbation of pre-existing inequalities. It is estimated that 24 million children were at risk of not returning to school owing to the pandemic(23); those affected have been estimated to incur a US$10 trillion loss in lifetime earnings (24). At a societal level, the economic devastation wrought by COVID-19 may take years to overcome, exacerbating economic inequalities, poverty, unemployment, household financial insecurity, food insecurity, and malnutrition, all of which negatively impact children, often disproportionately.

Routine immunization services have also been negatively affected as a result of the pandemic response, thereby exacerbating the potential resurgence of vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles, tetanus, yellow fever, HPV, and others(25). The COVID-19 pandemic caused the largest backslide in immunizations in the past three decades(26); about 23 million children missed their routine childhood vaccinations.

https://www.who.int/news/item/11-08-2022-interim-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-for-childrenhttps://www.who.int/news/item/11-08-2022-interim-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-for-children

side note clowns like GoRu LOVE to judge the shit out of people as passive aggressive way as possible, seems like quite the party .

and the other tough guy is like 75 years old so let's leave him alone
I’m just asking questions and posting peer reviewed medical research. I’m sorry if you feel judged by the medical community’s work but I unfortunately can’t control that.

WHO STATEMENT

Absolutely interesting WHO interim statement on vaccinating children which was issued on August 11, 2022. It includes lots of info and goes over vaccination data and the benefits and risks of vaccinating kids. It is pro vaccinating kids but spells out the risks of doing it. It also does a comparison of how covid and influenza affect children.

I found many things interesting in this report and wanted to highlight two of them.

1. "However, during the current Omicron dominant period, vaccine impact on transmission is only modest and short-lived." Basically getting the Covid shot isn't helping much in slowing the spread of the virus. Which means Rutgers policy is bs.

And for those who were in favor of school shutdowns:

2. Socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and pandemic response on children and adolescents

Despite their lower risk of severe COVID-19 disease, children and adolescents have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 control measures. The most important indirect effects are related to school closures which have disrupted the provision of educational services and increased emotional distress and mental health problems(22). When unable to attend school and socially isolated, children are more prone to maltreatment, sexual violence, adolescent pregnancy, and child marriage, all of which increase the probability of missing further education and of poor pregnancy outcomes.

A range of follow-on effects of school closures occur. These include disruption in physical activity and routines and loss of access to a wide range of school-provided services such as school meals, health, nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and services targeted to children with special needs such as learning support, speech therapy and social skills training. Children not attending school face enhanced risks of cyberbullying from other children, and the potential for predatory behavior from adults related to spending more time online.

Longer-term, prolonged school closures lead to education loss and exacerbation of pre-existing inequalities. It is estimated that 24 million children were at risk of not returning to school owing to the pandemic(23); those affected have been estimated to incur a US$10 trillion loss in lifetime earnings (24). At a societal level, the economic devastation wrought by COVID-19 may take years to overcome, exacerbating economic inequalities, poverty, unemployment, household financial insecurity, food insecurity, and malnutrition, all of which negatively impact children, often disproportionately.

Routine immunization services have also been negatively affected as a result of the pandemic response, thereby exacerbating the potential resurgence of vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles, tetanus, yellow fever, HPV, and others(25). The COVID-19 pandemic caused the largest backslide in immunizations in the past three decades(26); about 23 million children missed their routine childhood vaccinations.

https://www.who.int/news/item/11-08-2022-interim-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-for-childrenhttps://www.who.int/news/item/11-08-2022-interim-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-for-children
So do we trust the WHO or discredit it today? Just want to make sure there is consistency, otherwise it’s impossible to have a rational discussion on this.

Reactions: Kbee3
So do we trust the WHO or discredit it today? Just want to make sure there is consistency, otherwise it’s impossible to have a rational discussion on this.
Who knows? The lack of trust of this organization and the CDC and other agencies was created by their suppression of opposing view points and questioning their directives through social media and main stream media. When doctors and scientists are shouted down by government and world agencies instead of allowing debate, that creates mistrust.

We should look at all sources and all data and not be afraid to question the motives of some organizations, news agencies, social media, etc. We should allow scientists and doctors with opposing viewpoints to be allowed to debate their opinions on subjects, not suppress them. We should also acknowledge that not everything is black and white and that sometimes going with your gut feeling is the best choice to make.

Reactions: RUDead

Is that the story they are feeding you now? I can't believe anyone believes anything they are telling you.

Is that the story they are feeding you now? I can't believe anyone believes anything they are telling you.
That’s the story that peer reviewed medical research from people with 8+ years of advanced schooling plus work experience is feeding me now, yes.

Do you have peer reviewed medical research and recommendations from professional associations that counters it, or are you just going off of unreviewed sources/laymen?

Reactions: LETSGORU91
We should look at all sources and all data and not be afraid to question the motives of some organizations, news agencies, social media, etc. We should allow scientists and doctors with opposing viewpoints to be allowed to debate their opinions on subjects, not suppress them. We should also acknowledge that not everything is black and white and that sometimes going with your gut feeling is the best choice to make.
This is exactly what I was talking about before. We 100% should not treat all sources of medical information equally. Scientists and doctors with opposing viewpoints should be and are allowed to debate their opinions, which is kind of what happens during the peer review and publication processes (basically, what you’re saying is exactly the reason why peer reviewed research is so valuable and the gold standard). We should not be weighing alternative sources as equal because they lack the training and accountability necessary to make educated recommendations relative to scientists and doctors.

Yes and thankfully we live in America and are free to make our own choices in regards this vaccine .

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
This is exactly what I was talking about before. We 100% should not treat all sources of medical information equally. Scientists and doctors with opposing viewpoints should be and are allowed to debate their opinions, which is kind of what happens during the peer review and publication processes (basically, what you’re saying is exactly the reason why peer reviewed research is so valuable and the gold standard). We should not be weighing alternative sources as equal because they lack the training and accountability necessary to make educated recommendations relative to scientists and doctors.
So, ignore my landscaper on this issue ?

Reactions: NotInRHouse
So, ignore my landscaper on this issue ?
if your landscaper keeps up with the latest lawn issues and changes how the lawn is mowed and what the water schedule should be along with deciding the best time to fertilize lawns in your neck of the woods according to the latest agronomist information , maybe allow that landscaper to give an opinion. But remember that landscaper might be better at fertilizing your lawn than giving health care advise and if taken, pushing up daises might be the result

Reactions: Kbee3
Who you kidding , you don’t have a lawn
someone claimed he was a 75 year old tough guy so expect this from him if you ever go by his house
get-off-my-lawn.jpg

if your landscaper keeps up with the latest lawn issues and changes how the lawn is mowed and what the water schedule should be along with deciding the best time to fertilize lawns in your neck of the woods according to the latest agronomist information , maybe allow that landscaper to give an opinion. But remember that landscaper might be better at fertilizing your lawn than giving health care advise and if taken, pushing up daises might be the result
I do my own landscaping.

Anyone who vaxxes a child that is not immunocompromised is an idiot and requiring teenagers attending college to get vaccinated is fd up. I had the two plus a booster. Doc said at you’re age they are recommending another but it’s a choice. I said f that. He nodded. When politics governs health care we have a major issue and that is 100% what has happened.

Anyone who vaxxes a child that is not immunocompromised is an idiot and requiring teenagers attending college to get vaccinated is fd up. I had the two plus a booster. Doc said at you’re age they are recommending another but it’s a choice. I said f that. He nodded. When politics governs health care we have a major issue and that is 100% what has happened.

A true idiot is one who judges someone's parenting on a message board.

Go lick a toilet.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
For me, the over-arching most important concept being depicted in this thread is that there is a significant portion of the public who still has absolutely no idea how badly the medical and scientific communities have destroyed their reputation with the general public. Their actions were intentional and deceitful and they did it to accumulate more political power ... and almost everyone knows it. It'll be more than a generation before people start listening to public health officials again.

For me, the over-arching most important concept being depicted in this thread is that there is a significant portion of the public who still has absolutely no idea how badly the medical and scientific communities have destroyed their reputation with the general public. Their actions were intentional and deceitful and they did it to accumulate more political power ... and almost everyone knows it. It'll be more than a generation before people start listening to public health officials again.

6% kids under 5 vaccinated says it all

Reactions: AdventureHasAName
So much wrong in this thread - would take a week to correct all the misinformation, lol. It's interesting that the actual COVID science threads we had going for 18 months were shut down as have been subsequent COVID threads, but yet this one, started by a mod, chugs right along, despite all the usual shenanigans. To quote NJFAN, who some may remember, hmmmmm.

So much wrong in this thread - would take a week to correct all the misinformation, lol. It's interesting that the actual COVID science threads we had going for 18 months were shut down as have been subsequent COVID threads, but yet this one, started by a mod, chugs right along, despite all the usual shenanigans. To quote NJFAN, who some may remember, hmmmmm.

Sorry, many here have seen you make claims like this in the past and sometimes you have been proven wrong.

It would have been shut down immediately if it didnt have such a hard lean toward angry, anti-health conspiritard asshole. But as is ...

Anyone who thinks masks still work or that vaccines mitigate the spread of covid should get serious help. It isn’t funny anymore. This is a sickness.

every administrator who supports this should be fired immediately.
Explain how masks don’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT