ADVERTISEMENT

PSA; San Diego COVID rules

fatsam98

All American
Gold Member
Mar 23, 2005
Heads up, looks like San Diego has stricter COVID entry rules than we do here.... I.e., you need the booster to be "vaccinated"

From ticketmaster...

"Important Note
Viejas Arena follows all current California Department of Public Health Guidelines, San Diego County guidelines, and San Diego State University Guidelines for Indoor Mega Events. In accordance with state and county guidelines, all guests age two and older are required to present either proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccine series or a negative COVID-19 test. All individuals eligible for the COVID-19 booster will be required to show proof of the booster in order to qualify as having completed the COVID-19 vaccine series. If you received two doses of the Moderna series more than six months prior to March 17 or of the Pfizer series more than five months prior to March 17, or if you received a Johnson & Johnson vaccine more than two months prior to March 17, you are eligible for a booster. If guests choose to enter Viejas Arena by showing a negative COVID-19 test result, please note that SDSU requires COVID-19 tests be taken within one day prior to the event in order to comply with state and county guidelines. Guests age 18 and over will also need to provide a matching photo ID with their proof of vaccination or negative test results. Only written reports of COVID-19 testing conducted by laboratories will be accepted as proof; photos of home tests are not acceptable"

Yeah before we buy plane tickets to be turned away at the gate. Could you imagine?

Worst case they have rapid testing near the arena apparently but come on...

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
I just got in touch with the ticket office to see if they can clarify... Viejas Arena website talks about a "complete vaccine series" but doesn't mention the word "booster". A little different than Ticketmaster website.

I honestly hadn't even thought about COVID restrictions until the disclaimer on ticketmaster popped up.

I just got in touch with the ticket office to see if they can clarify... Viejas Arena website talks about a "complete vaccine series" but doesn't mention the word "booster". A little different than Ticketmaster website.

I honestly hadn't even thought about COVID restrictions until the disclaimer on ticketmaster popped up.

This is posted on the Viejas Arena website. Just an FYI - they require vaccination for access to facility but they don't specify whether or not that includes a booster shot. San Diego has relaxed covid requirements since the state loosened them up starting March 1, 2022.

Yeah it's ticketmaster that mentioned the booster specifically.

And this is "relaxed"? How was it before?

That's interesting since I live in SD and haven't had to show a vaccine card once for anything and the only time you need a mask for Uber

I heard you Need a booster or negative PCR test

less than 40% of the population has been boosted although its tough to track down the exact number, if you already had covid especially in the past couple of months which many of us had, its pretty silly

"Viejas Arena follows all current California Department of Public Health, San Diego County, as well as San Diego State University guidelines for indoor mega events. At this time all guests age 2 and over are required to present either proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test when attending events. "

I guess it depends how they define "full" bc it does not mention booster...

That's interesting since I live in SD and haven't had to show a vaccine card once for anything and the only time you need a mask for Uber
I could see Viejas being different though.

Most events take place at sports arena obviously, I only went to viejas once in the 5 years I lived there and it was pre COVID.

Viejas being tied to sdsu changes things

I just called the arena. I was told as of yesterday it was decided that boosters WILL NOT be required for entry. If you are not boosted, you will be required to wear a mask.

Not sure how they will enforce that rule at all. They likely won't at all and use the honor system since there is no way to tell who is and isn't boosted once you are in the arena

Slightly off topic but I'm heading to Spain for work next week.

Same requirements - need a booster for entry.

Thanks @Scangg

Imagine being an Aztec fan who has had to deal with that all year then as soon as people from New Jersey, Alabama and Texas show up it's "nevermind!"

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT