ADVERTISEMENT

MATCH THREAD: RU v Purdue, 12p, RAC, BTN+, matchups:

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
#11 RUTGERS vs PURDUE

125- Brandon Paetzel (10-4) vs Ben Thornton (21-8)

133- Scott DelVecchio (14-6) vs Luke Welch (15-8)

141- #6 Anthony Ashnault ( 18-3) v Kyle Ayersman (13-7)

149- #14 Ken Theobold (12-5) vs Jeremy Golding (10-5)

157- #18 John Van Brill (14-7) vs Alex Griffin (22-9)

165- Anthony Pafumi (8-9) vs Dylan Lydy (14-13)
or Willie Scott (13-7)

174- Phil Bakuckas (10-5) vs Peter Andreotti (7-8)

184- #14 Nick Gravina vs Tanner Lynd 12-10)

197- Matt Correnti ( 9-8) vs Christian Brunner (17-10)

285- Razohnn Gross (6-6) vs Tyler Kral (20-10)
or Marc McDonald ((7-7)
or Ralph Normandia (3-3)

Looking forward to it. My father passed 5 years ago and would have been thrilled to see this live in New Jersey. He was a proud Purdue graduate and insane Big Ten sports fan. Only wish he could have had the chance to join me on the floor.

I see a much tighter match compared to a Friday night. 125 and 33 will set the tone as both are solid matchups. JVB's guy is no pushover either. I think Bak and Gravina need to score bonus points. Let's see if Correnti can keep progressing. That Illinois match really boosted his confidence.

Looking forward to it. My father passed 5 years ago and would have been thrilled to see this live in New Jersey. He was a proud Purdue graduate and insane Big Ten sports fan. Only wish he could have had the chance to join me on the floor.

I see a much tighter match compared to a Friday night. 125 and 33 will set the tone as both are solid matchups. JVB's guy is no pushover either. I think Bak and Gravina need to score bonus points. Let's see if Correnti can keep progressing. That Illinois match really boosted his confidence.

Thanks for sharing. Purdue is a great school academically. More astronauts went to Purdue than any other college. Drew Brees and Bob Griese, NFL great QBs also Purdue alums.
While this dual should be closer than Oregon ST, I still think RU wins easily , taking 7 of the 10 matchups , and with bonus from Ashnault , Gravina and possibly Theo. JVB has decent opponent.

PS- lost my Mom 11 months ago, and Dad 3 years ago. Miss them everyday. Sounds like you had a great relationship with your Dad as i did w my folks.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Thanks for sharing. Purdue is a great school academically. More astronauts went to Purdue than any other college. Drew Brees and Bob Griese, NFL great QBs also Purdue alums.
While this dual should be closer than Oregon ST, I still think RU wins easily , taking 7 of the 10 matchups , and with bonus from Ashnault , Gravina and possibly Theo. JVB has decent opponent.

PS- lost my Mom 11 months ago, and Dad 3 years ago. Miss them everyday. Sounds like you had a great relationship with your Dad as i did w my folks.

My dad used to brag about the most obscure things about Purdue like the size of the bands drum? He was a big Jim Everett fan as well. Stubborn as hell, but a good man. Played some ball at Purdue and used to hang with guys like Bernie Flowers.

Agree we should take this one without much stress, but I think they are a tougher draw than Oregon St and would not sleep on them early in the match.

Reactions: KidDagger
I don't suppose there are any free streams of the match available?

I can't think of any, and I tried before giving up and springing for the BTN plus subscription. Should be coming on any minute.

At least we won't have to ban any arrogant visiting fans from this thread.

Scott DelVecchio wins 5-3. Purdue coach challenging the take down for the win. It was close.

Tough loss for Del Vecchio , was winning 4-3 and gives up a reversal w 1 sec to go, loses 5-4. Match tied at 3

Van Brill up 2-0 early 1st , Purdue guy hurt w a painful knee injury from the take down.

Willie Scott loses 6-4 , RU leads 18-6

Now up 174 - Bakuckas vs Morrissey

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT