ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling MATCH THREAD: Rutgers Wrestling vs. No. 2 Michigan

On a side note the Ashnault vs Yianni match tonight was brutal...Yianni threw a beating on Anthony and tech falled him...It wasn't even competitive,,.So far a tough night for RU but hopefully we can change that in next 5 bouts

Amine with a go-behind for a takedown, as Donner follows up with an escape. 2-1 Amine with 1:50 left in the first period.

Donner looks asleep at the wheel as well. Not sure what is up with RU and 1st periods. It's been ugly.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
He didn’t look great but 1st Varsity Match. Kanniard fights to the end which I like. He will never give up. He will be very good. Give him a little time. Might take his lumps this year. Especially with all B10 matches.
Just surprised. Didn't expect him to win but last year he was a shooting machine. Tonight he was tying up, trying throws(didn't see one last year) and very tentative. He had problems on bottom, glad he was able to get out tonight and top game was nonexistent. But on his feet where he was strongest, he lost all confidence in his ability tonight.

Amine rides Donner out the rest of the way to keep a 4-1 lead heading into the second period.

Donner going on top to start the second period

Donner with a go behind to secure the takedown, but Amine immediately reverses Donner, maintaining a four-point lead. Period ends with Amine on top, the score being 7-3, and Amine holding a RT advantage.

Donner starting the third period on bottom

Good lord these announcers have such a hard on for Michigan. They said cam amine 7000 times during the match I was about to throw my phone

I just think this match with Donner and Amine, is a simple fact of a freshman potential All-American, and a 165-pounder from Rutgers that hasn't progressed from last year.

Donner out on an escape to make the score 7-4, with a little over a minute remaining

I mean no disrespect to Donner when I say this but I have no idea how we don’t have anybody better. Donner is a great room guy and was recruited for depth. Im not sure how he ends up as a 2 year big 10 starter. I guess because of the Glasgow debacle.

Reactions: elvis7
Amine with a takedown on the edge, and the two go out of the circle. Amine leading 9-4 with RT locked up

Amine walks away with the 10-4 decision, as he defeats Brett Donner.

Michigan heading into 174-lbs with an 18-4 lead

Hopefully Oniell shows something this year because what you see is what you get with Donner.

Logan Massa and Joe Grello taking the mat at 174-lbs. I am looking for Joe Grello to pull the trigger offensively. He has always had great defense, but he needs to score more points

Grello comes out of an early scramble with a takedown to take a 2-0 lead.

Grello gives up a single leg takedown to Massa, as Massa takes the lead, going up 3-2 with about 30 seconds left in the opening period

Grello unable to escape before the first period expires. He trails 3-2 heading into the second period.

Grello starting the second on top

Grello cuts Massa loose about 30 seconds into the second period. Massa then scores a go-behind from a front head position. Grello escapes right away. Bout is now 6-3, in favor of Massa

Grello down 8-3 heading into the third. He will start the final period on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT