ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe biggest play

Loyal_2RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2001
Because it required nothing that they could not have done, was when two Rutgers players (was it Carter and Harper Jr?) looked at each other and failed to gather a rebound and it gave up a possession and two easy points that were completely unnecessary and were daggers that made teh climb that much harder.

Perhaps related to the alligator arms comment in the other thread? A lack of synchronicity for aa team that has largely played in synch this year.
Loyal

Reactions: RUnTeX
Same thing happened I think it was Illinois when Harper went up for rebound on foul shot at the end and lost the ball out of bounds; and same thing of course can be said when we gave up the tip in at the end of the first half of the Michigan game

Same thing happened I think it was Illinois when Harper went up for rebound on foul shot at the end and lost the ball out of bounds; and same thing of course can be said when we gave up the tip in at the end of the first half of the Michigan game

Good thoughts. The plays you cite involved someone on the opponent making a play or forcing a physical error. Here, it was simply a mental lapse, a failure of either guy to grab a ball that was uncontested for the taking.

We all look at the game and see “what if”
Plays. Me, the foul on the three point shot late was a killer, and almost looked like he has not started to shoot when touched, and the Maryland rebounder who fell down untouched but got to shoot free throws I think he only hit one of them, but that is four late points that hurt

Edit. The rebound basket with one second in the first half worth mentioning

Yes, the failed rebound was big. Also:
Montez gave up 5 points on silly fouls down the stretch. On both fouls, he was being overly aggressive against a very cagey player. There's a reason Cowan shoots a ton of free throws. Not smart.
Caleb being totally out of control.
We're young and inexperienced, and last night we looked it.

It was Harper & McConnell if I'm remembering correctly. Big play that killed us as well as McConnell struggling at the end. Wish they got the ball to Yeboah at the end. Need to do a better job on offensive sets at the end of the game.

thats what happens when you assign Myles to the bench for 10 mins in 2nd half.
Dumbass move.

thats what happens when you assign Myles to the bench for 10 mins in 2nd half.
Dumbass move.
I know did not understand that move as we got killed on the boards and he had no foul trouble I just dumbfounded at some of his substitution patterns sometimes

Yes, the failed rebound was big. Also:
Montez gave up 5 points on silly fouls down the stretch. On both fouls, he was being overly aggressive against a very cagey player. There's a reason Cowan shoots a ton of free throws. Not smart.
Caleb being totally out of control.
We're young and inexperienced, and last night we looked it.
that 's where having Young just on defense may have made a difference?

Myles plays defense. He's an offensive liabilty, as are the other bigs. When we need a unit to give a scoring lift, he needs to be on the bench.

We got our own lucky play too. How about the hook and hold call that cost MD the ball and 4 points? We would have been screaming about that one for weeks if called on RU. This stuff tends to even out and it’s easy to focus too much on the plays that don’t work out for us. There are always plenty of individual plays that go the other way too.

Cowen drawing the foul on Montez from three should not have been a shooting foul. I thought pulling a Harden and intentionally drawing contact from 3 was a point of focus in the nba and ncaa? Cowen is no way in the act of shooting on that play with the ball a foot off the ground. At best it’s a 1 and 1 but should be a no call. I put that in the same category as his flop warning and his flagrant on Montez earlier.

Cowen drawing the foul on Montez from three should not have been a shooting foul. I thought pulling a Harden and intentionally drawing contact from 3 was a point of focus in the nba and ncaa? Cowen is no way in the act of shooting on that play with the ball a foot off the ground. At best it’s a 1 and 1 but should be a no call. I put that in the same category as his flop warning and his flagrant on Montez earlier.

Only saw it once, but agree it did not look like a shooting foul..... of course he drains all three at a critical point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT