ADVERTISEMENT

Monangai Leading Rusher In B1G

So then why did you ask the original question???

You obviously agree that a Road -3 is different than a Home -3.
Being a Road -3 implies you are much better than the opponent compared to being a Home -3.

So yes, we should be more likely to win this week even though the spread is the same.
You have lost me. The spread is set to balance the bets on the game, locking in a profit for the house. It is also the best proxy for how the market (betting public) expects the game to go. If RU is a 4.5 point fav, whether it be on the road or at home, the expectation of victory is identical. Not sure how you can argue otherwise. Again, bet at your own peril. FYI, I thought RU would beat Mich State by more than 4.5 points and I expect RU to beat Indiana by more than 4.5 points. But I'm biased. The betting public is not.

It's an interesting inflection point for the fanbase and the team.

It's inarguable we are better than last year and most preseason expectations.

That comes with increased expectations and game we "should win" - for better or worse.
Are they a guarantee? Of course not.
But if we are truly a mid level Big Ten team then games against "lower level" Big Ten teams are "should wins".

Fanbase can’t have it both ways: "We're better and in a much better place. But shouldn't have increased expectations and losing to worse teams is okay."
It's called PASD- Post Ash Stress Disorder.

I don't anticipate IU being a hostile atmosphere
It is Homecoming for Indiana. But I expect it to be a lot like years past Rutgers Homecomings for them. Fill up in 2nd quarter to about 40k to 45k then by third quarter they start to filter out down to 20k.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
The O line overall has shown more good than bad this season . Where it seems we bog down in the first half is the issue. Our run game has been much better in 3-4 quarters against stronger opponents. We need to continue on this road the next 5 games. Seeing Reggie Sutton fight through his injury is giving me a great deal of joy.
Yes, but I must say I'm not a big RS fan. I saw something from him that I didn't like. The RT stop is a real problem for us.

Yes, but I must say I'm not a big RS fan. I saw something from him that I didn't like. The RT stop is a real problem for us.
The fact that a injured Sutton is starting- concerns me.

To clarify- I love this kid has done what he has done to get here but he is not 100% and we do not have someone better at this time than a 70% Sutton?

Reactions: Ray6232010
The fact that a injured Sutton is starting- concerns me.

To clarify- I love this kid has done what he has done to get here but he is not 100% and we do not have someone better at this time than a 70% Sutton?

TV announcer said Sutton didn't look all the way back to health yet.

“Three things we say around here are, “ball, execute and violence,’” Monangai said. “Ball being the first one. You’ve got to protect the ball at all costs.”

71188069007-msu-2.jpg

Reactions: RU_DIO
I don’t know what you were actually able to see even if you were in the stadium. From what I saw while in Sutton continues to play well for a guy still on one good leg. It’s his leadership and te unique . I guess you missed him blocking in the 2nd level? So Ray what actually did you see? You leave this open for further discussion.Did he quit on plays? Did he play dirty ? Did he fake his injury when he had to come out for a few plays? What didn’t you like that you’re not a Reggie Sutton fan?

Reactions: Knight Shift
Watch he will lead the league in rushing and only be honorable mention
Kid from UM had his name written in pre season already.. as long as they win it's his.
Not in this league.
The rewards for a kid like KM is at the next level.

UM's Corum is 139 yds behind and with one extra game played (8)
But he has 13 TDs thanks to UM OL in RZ

TV announcer said Sutton didn't look all the way back to health yet.
Schiano in his OSU presser stated Sutton is still not 100% … he did play yesterday and the entire line looked adequate …would you agree? Not playing bad for being crippled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT