ADVERTISEMENT

My theory on why the shooting was so poor last night, the APC

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
I play alot of basketball, albeit pickup and mens league obviously. But whenever I pull up to a new gym it takes me a little bit of time, a game or so to find my shot and get used to the rims and backdrop. Did our guys get their shoot around in yesterday morning at the APC or the RAC? Our guys have been practicing and shooting non stop in the APC for the past number of months, a tight gym with a shallow backdrop.

does anyone know if we still practice at the RAC at all? If not I think we should practice at the RAC, not necessarily every day but it should happen regularly.
If this is true then what's Bryant's excuse for shooting so well?

I play alot of basketball, albeit pickup and mens league obviously. But whenever I pull up to a new gym it takes me a little bit of time, a game or so to find my shot and get used to the rims and backdrop. Did our guys get their shoot around in yesterday morning at the APC or the RAC? Our guys have been practicing and shooting non stop in the APC for the past number of months, a tight gym with a shallow backdrop.

does anyone know if we still practice at the RAC at all? If not I think we should practice at the RAC, not necessarily every day but it should happen regularly.
I said the same thing in another thread right after the game. It's a whole different view of the basket shooting in a closed in gym opposed to larger arenas. However,
that surely doesn't explain missing layups and 3 foot shots in the paint.

I dunno. Much ado about nothing. This the pretty much the same team that won at Iowa. Just a bad night. Could be rust. Could be lack of getting up for a unexciting opponent. Could be over confidence. Reading too many press clippings.

Sometimes bad teams shoot great.

Sometimes good teams shoot terribly.

Just be glad it happened in a win and not a close loss in a winnable conference game.

Like I said the other day; much ado about nothing. It always amazing me when people over-react to the first game. Or ANY single game. After years of watching basketball (and I'm making an assumption that everyone who posts here has watched basketball for years), we've all seen games where teams shoot very poorly for no particular reason - and games where teams shoot incredibly well for no particular reason. I just don't get all the hand wringing after a poor shooting game.

When Mathis makes a three I cringe. it's like the big girl on my daughter's 12 year old team, when she makes one you pay for it with five ill advised more in the near future, same game or next game.

We don't have good shooters. Period. Shooters can improve but don't expect them to improve a lot. For example, a player like Mathis will never be a good shooter. His ball has ZERO rotation, his mechanics are off etc. That stuff is not easy to correct at this point.

IMO Mathis .is all about D....with rebounding : think Dhantay Jones.

Mo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT