ADVERTISEMENT

N.J. State Wrestling Championships HQ: LIVE VIDEO, brackets, results and coverage from Phillipsburg

Damn one of the favorites at 138 in Eddie Hummel (lost 1st round last year and wrestled all the way back to 3rd) got cradled and nearly pinned but turned a 5-0 deficit into a 19-8 victory.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Wow Nico Nardone loses in the semis to Ty Whalen. Nardone was ranked #4 in the country by Flo

Pretty boring finals through 132. Do NJ refs understand that riding parallel doing nothing for a while and never attempting a turn or coming out to the side is stalling?

We need to make Anthony Santaniello the next priority recruit in state.
His father runs Shore Thing. A lot of Rutgers wrestlers have come through that program. Ashnault, Theobold, Lewis, and Kiss to name a few. Family has a great relationship with both Ashnault and Goodale. Seems like a no brainer. I was pretty surprised when Vin committed elsewhere.

Reactions: MS-RU
Congrats to Joey O for winning his 3rd state title! He has elite D, but he took 1 shot while Hummel took 5 or 6, maybe more, which is concerning and has been for a while now. He needs to open it up when he gets here.

Reactions: brentx35
His father runs Shore Thing. A lot of Rutgers wrestlers have come through that program. Ashnault, Theobold, Lewis, and Kiss to name a few. Family has a great relationship with both Ashnault and Goodale. Seems like a no brainer. I was pretty surprised when Vin committed elsewhere.
I don't recall Ashnault going through Shore Thing but could be wrong. Wasn't he mostly Apex?

I'm sure we're recruiting Santaniello and it wasn't too surprising his brother went elsewhere as they offered a ton more money from what I understand.

I don't recall Ashnault going through Shore Thing but could be wrong. Wasn't he mostly Apex?

I'm sure we're recruiting Santaniello and it wasn't too surprising his brother went elsewhere as they offered a ton more money from what I understand.
I thought Vin was going to the Naval Academy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT