ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA puts three-year freeze on additions to schedule of football bowl games

agree but Myrtle Beach, Charleston, and Austin would have been great places to go to...could they trade out a few existing one's for these 3?!

Reactions: dvb91
Ok, so the NCAA got something right.
Cut about a dozen would be the right thing. And I watch all the bowl games but there are just too many 6-6 or less making it. They should also cut back on the # of teams making the men's NCAA basketball tournament

Cut about a dozen would be the right thing. And I watch all the bowl games but there are just too many 6-6 or less making it. They should also cut back on the # of teams making the men's NCAA basketball tournament

I've said this for years: IMHO .500 teams don't belong in ANY NCAA post-season tournament UNLESS they somehow win an auto-birth.

NCAA is greedy. They need to get rid of half the bowls. What joke the last few years. Graduation rates get you a bowl.

Graduating matters but not to qualify for bowl game. Too many bowls means average or losing record teams get selected. Understand it is about money but most bowl teams cannot sell out their home schedule much less bring any interest in a bowl. Everyone gets a trophy mindset.

THANK YOU LORD!!!! Now cut about 12 of them!
Not a smart move if you are a Rutgers fan that likes going to bowl games.At the same time I agree most of the bowl games attract very little national interest.

Not a smart move if you are a Rutgers fan that likes going to bowl games.At the same time I agree most of the bowl games attract very little national interest.

How so? The Big ten has contracts with bowls, as long as those bowls exist, we will always have a place to go.

yeah, got its own airport and plenty of entertainment value. don't tell me you can't have fun there....like AC in NJ. Not the nicest beach but if you are looking for activities. That's your spot.

Unfortunately the beach isn't an option in late December. Golf? Maybe if you hit a nice stretch of weather like they had this past year (60's). If shopping, some decent clubs, and theme restaurants are your thing you can have fun but the city pretty much shuts down from mid November to March from what I understand.

The other issue is where to play. Coastal Carolina's stadium only holds around 10k.

Unfortunately the beach isn't an option in late December. Golf? Maybe if you hit a nice stretch of weather like they had this past year (60's). If shopping, some decent clubs, and theme restaurants are your thing you can have fun but the city pretty much shuts down from mid November to March from what I understand.

The other issue is where to play. Coastal Carolina's stadium only holds around 10k.
hey, I'm no PR agent for MB. And it isn't happening anyway. I am just saying (especially for us Northeast folks) getting to Myrtle would be (IMHO) better than say Detroit. it is what it is and I certainly support the freeze on new bowls. Moving on...

hey, I'm no PR agent for MB. And it isn't happening anyway. I am just saying (especially for us Northeast folks) getting to Myrtle would be (IMHO) better than say Detroit. it is what it is and I certainly support the freeze on new bowls. Moving on...

Absolutely would be better and as I said you have a decent chance of getting some daily highs around 60. I guess the main issue would be where to play. I know it's all about the eyeballs but a 9,500 seat stadium just doesn't seem to cut it but........

CC is moving up to FBS after this coming season. They'll be in the Sun Belt where most stadiums are in the 30,000 range. When I questioned the idea of a Bowl Game I didn't know they received approval to expand their stadium to somewhere in the 20-22k range at a cost not to exceed $38 million. They expect it to be done in time for the 2017 season.

It could be that they will apply after the 3 year NCAA freeze.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT