ADVERTISEMENT

Next Domino falling: The U

The tea leaves indicate that GS was offered here but I don't know for certain. Just from the clues a lot of pieces make sense. We may be back up to Miami, or Miami could be leverage for him to get more from RU.

Reactions: satnom
Just a guess, is it possible RU offered Schiano and he said Hold On, RU then says the Heck with it , lets go big game hunting and realized that there was some mutual interest from some other big boys, again just a guess, and a run on sentence.

Greg is going all out to try to get any job that isn't Rutgers. We, and by we I mean Rutgers itself and this board should really move on.
I agree. It's quite apparent that Schiano realizes you can't go back home and second acts are rarely successful.

GS certainly isn't rushing back. I am fine with both sides taking their time to see what is out there.

Schiano would be a great fit this time. He knows exactly what to negotiate for to make Rutgers a contender in terms of facilities upgrades and money to hire the best staffers. He is the biggest name we'll ever get. No other big name guy is coming here.

There is a reason the U us broadcasting the candidates, it helps their name and recruiting

Schiano would be a great fit this time. He knows exactly what to negotiate for to make Rutgers a contender in terms of facilities upgrades and money to hire the best staffers. He is the biggest name we'll ever get. No other big name guy is coming here.
But does he have the talent or cojones or realize he is short on guts for the big show......

No one has been offered is what Hobbs said. The search firm is out there looking for interest I'm sure. You don't want to make an offer and get rejected. So I doubt we'll hear anything until RU knows who will accept the offer.

Sounds like the U won't be announcing their hire to day.
Much like GS would hold out for a big recruit over signing the sure thing, he's doing the same with coaching. Miami is hiring one of Butch Davis, Mullen or Richt. After that, GS will convince himself he will get one of the six NFL jobs about to open and sit out next year as well.

I would imagine Schiano is negotiating hard wherever he's still in the hunt. If you remember, he gave Mulchahy a list of demands before he agreed to come to RU, and that was as a DC with no head coach experience. Just because he hasn't signed somewhere, or with RU yet, doesn't really mean anything. He's not starving, and will find a job whether it's this year or next, so he's making sure the one he takes and will give his life to for the next handful of years is as close to his ideal situation as possible.

Reactions: lighty
Makes sense to me. And if RU didn't accede to his demands, the chances of being successful would have been diminished. He demanded the powers that be at RU commit to FB. Maybe the same thing now. Why should he come here with his hands tied?

Chase: Of course he'll be shooting for the most desirable job IN HIS EYES. Doesn't mean the highest paying, or college, or pro, geographical area. Just because steak is available, doesn't mean you won't order chicken.

I'm sure between him and his agent, they have a pretty good idea about what's out there and what they're willing to pay. It's a question of what he wants and what he can get. I think Pro HC is not now on the table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT