SATURDAY, NOV 19

Michigan

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Penn State Nittany Lions Football Schedule

SATURDAY, NOV 26

Penn State

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Reactions: JRZEER
I guess the plan is to roll Wimsatt out next year against BC with little to none in game experience. I thought it would be prudent to play him in a couple situational plays this game.

Going to be tough to get to three wins.

2022 Rutgers Football Schedule​

Boston College Eagles Football Schedule

SATURDAY, SEP 3

at Boston College

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Temple Owls Football Schedule

SATURDAY, SEP 17

at Temple

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Schedule

SATURDAY, SEP 24

Nebraska

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Minnesota Golden Gophers Football Schedule

SATURDAY, OCT 1

at Minnesota

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Ohio State Buckeyes Football Schedule

SATURDAY, OCT 8

at Ohio State

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Indiana Hoosiers Football Schedule

SATURDAY, OCT 22

Indiana

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Maryland Terrapins Football Schedule

SATURDAY, OCT 29

at Maryland

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Iowa Hawkeyes Football Schedule

SATURDAY, NOV 5

Iowa

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Michigan State Spartans Football Schedule

SATURDAY, NOV 12

at Michigan State

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Michigan Wolverines Football Schedule

SATURDAY, NOV 19

Michigan

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

Penn State Nittany Lions Football Schedule

SATURDAY, NOV 26

Penn State

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

We open 3-0 and beat Indy, MD and Pedd State to end at 6-6 (and consider it a success).

I guess the plan is to roll Wimsatt out next year against BC with little to none in game experience. I thought it would be prudent to play him in a couple situational plays this game.
Yeah. I think Verdal might be invited to leave next year. He's done all he can here and been a good loyal son.

Recruit and hope for a Bowl in 2023.
We are not winning 5 games next year with that schedule. I will personally throw a party in downtown NB if we win a B1G home game next season. … 5th year maybe ????

Ummmmmmmmmm, that schedule only has 11 games. So I’m guessing we have a pancake TBD.

I still like our chances of Wimsatt leading us to wins in 6 of these 8 (Pancake, Temple, Boston College, Maryland, PSU, Indiana, Nebraska, Minnesota)

Reactions: RU1977
That Temple game just got a lot harder after today. Carey is sure to be fired and Fran Brown will likely be the next Temple HC. That game will have players on both teams that transferred from the other program. Fran will likely bring a few 2nd and 3rd string players with him to Temple promising them playing time. I still believe we will win, but it will be much more competitive. That Georgia QB who left in the portal, came back by the way, and should be there for Fran.

Ummmmmmmmmm, that schedule only has 11 games. So I’m guessing we have a pancake TBD.

I still like our chances of Wimsatt leading us to wins in 6 of these 8 (Pancake, Temple, Boston College, Maryland, PSU, Indiana, Nebraska, Minnesota)
Wow… pass me what you’re smoking……

Wow… pass me what you’re smoking……
Look, it’s an insane schedule, but I think we’ll get a little better than this year with more depth, great recruiting class and Wimsatt.

Pancake: W
Temple: W
Indiana: W
(obviously didn’t have a problem this year…)
Nebraska: W
(3-9 in the West Division this year)

I think we get revenge on Maryland. We beat them last year. Their defense still stinks. We just didn’t have an oline or QB to expose it.

So 1 of BC, Minn, PSU (or an insane upset) to get to 6. BC and Minn both beatable and losing a lot of talent.

Is it likely? Probably not. But I personally think we’ll develop enough to do it

Look, it’s an insane schedule, but I think we’ll get a little better than this year with more depth, great recruiting class and Wimsatt.

I think we get revenge on Maryland. We beat them last year. Their defense still stinks. We just didn’t have an oline or QB to expose it.

So 1 of BC, Minn, PSU (or an insane upset) to get to 6. BC and Minn both beatable and losing a lot of talent.

Is it likely? Probably not. But I personally think we’ll develop enough to do it
More depth? Do you know how many starters we lose? Basically anyone you can name on the roster. Next year will be a transitional year unless Schiano kills the transfer portal

Reactions: Plum Street
That Temple game just got a lot harder after today. Carey is sure to be fired and Fran Brown will likely be the next Temple HC. That game will have players on both teams that transferred from the other program. Fran will likely bring a few 2nd and 3rd string players with him to Temple promising them playing time. I still believe we will win, but it will be much more competitive. That Georgia QB who left in the portal, came back by the way, and should be there for Fran.
I think you are a little out over your skis. . I’m not saying what you suggest about Temple will not come to pass. But that is very much up in the air. I’m not sure Fran Brown will be their first choice, if indeed they fire Carey.

Reactions: Kbee3
More depth? Do you know how many starters we lose? Basically anyone you can name on the roster. Next year will be a transitional year unless Schiano kills the transfer portal

Only 1 on the oline, and in large part, that’s all that matters right now.

LB depth hurts, but Schiano always works magic there. He converted one of the worst units in college football to a good one in just a year, so not too worried

DL has good depth and a lot of studs coming in, so Turner loss softened a bit. Could see OL guys switch to DL once that settles out. But Schiano again usually knows how to get most out of that unit.

Bo Melton hurts a lot. But I hope Cruickshank gets medical redshirt, Isiah Washington looked great today, we have some stud WRs coming in, and WR is easier to fill through portal. A mobile QB will also put less pressure on that unit to be superstar caliber

It’s hilarious to think we’d bear the corn! If we had played their schedule we win maybe 1-2 games…

The excuse will be lame, but we will cancel the BC game. You heard it here first.

Juniata College has an open date that weekend.

Depends if we get incoming OL help now or the big OL recruit can play on day 1. Also WR depth can be a concern based on who is coming back. DL should be better and hopefully Secondary plays better. We have never beaten Nebraska { and their lines on both sides will be better than us} so I would not count that. Honestly 5 is the absolute ceiling next year … and that’s with everything falling into place.

Depends if we get incoming OL help now or the big OL recruit can play on day 1. Also WR depth can be a concern based on who is coming back. DL should be better and hopefully Secondary plays better. We have never beaten Nebraska { and their lines on both sides will be better than us} so I would not count that. Honestly 5 is the absolute ceiling next year … and that’s with everything falling into place.
I do agree with you on 5. I just think it's not shockingly impossible that we could sneak in one more. For me, all I care about next year is to see improvement, and it may not be in the W/L column. Which is cool by me, but I think a lot of our fans will freak out.

2023 will hopefully be a lot of fun

That all might be true but outside of his tremendous impact on recruiting he really hasn't shown much as a football coach.Am I the only one who thinks a lot of our DBs regressed this year? Didn't it seem like our opponents WRs roamed free constantly downfield?
Just an observation on my part.

the only open dates we have are sept 10 and Oct 15. When are we going to schedule this game. Most teams, both fbs and fcs, have completed their schedules already I would assume. Can’t be too many options out there.

Looking forward, we need:(Hopefully this is already in the plans)
1. Hold onto the recruiting class
2. Work the portal to help fill in the holes
3. Review and prioritize Juco candidates .
4. Do a thorough analysis of plus and minuses from every game , including coaching mistakes. Develop plan to improve in these areas for 2202.
5. Develop recruiting strategy for class of 2023.
6. Provide an overall strength & conditioning strategy and one for every individual. We need to get stronger and more durable and in many cases pounds of productive muscle gain.
++++

Reactions: cicero grimes
Why are there still only 11 games on the schedule? I'm getting the office shelf ready for next season..

Last edited:
Reactions: colbert17
Looking forward, we need:(Hopefully this is already in the plans)
1. Hold onto the recruiting class
2. Work the portal to help fill in the holes
3. Review and prioritize Juco candidates .
4. Do a thorough analysis of plus and minuses from every game , including coaching mistakes. Develop plan to improve in these areas for 2202.
5. Develop recruiting strategy for class of 2023.
6. Provide an overall strength & conditioning strategy and one for every individual. We need to get stronger and more durable and in many cases pounds of productive muscle gain.
++++
Have you brought your plan to Greg?

• Haha
Reactions: BeantownKnight
Still looking for a FCS team for Sept. 10
OK - I'll leave a space between the Boston College and Temple PocketPro helmets on the shelf then.....

Hopefully it'll be a helmet I can obtain before then!

Thanks!

the only open dates we have are sept 10 and Oct 15. When are we going to schedule this game. Most teams, both fbs and fcs, have completed their schedules already I would assume. Can’t be too many options out there.
As I've posted before some options are Stony Brook, Albany, Hampton or NC Central.

Albany looks like a strong possibility as they don't have a FBS team on their schedule yet.

Last edited:
Of the 11 games there, it would not be out of the realm of possibility to win none. Gonna be a very tough season. I wonder how much the knowledge of the tough 2022 season schedule played a factor in GS's apparently intense stress level in the 2021 games.

But until we play the games, we really can't know how ready, or unready, we are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT