ADVERTISEMENT

No. 11 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Wraps Regular Season at No. 5 Penn State

Let's remember 2017, sitting at 1-3 in conference play with 1 more game to go, the only conference victory against Michigan. Couple of tough conference losses. Then came the last game of the season against #3 OSU. Things looked bleak. Only for us to win in OT and beat the #3 team.

Let's remember 2017, sitting at 1-3 in conference play with 1 more game to go, the only conference victory against Michigan. Couple of tough conference losses. Then came the last game of the season against #3 OSU. Things looked bleak. Only for us to win in OT and beat the #3 team.
If only the damn conference had the B1G Tourney setup back then like they do now so that we would've drawn the 4/5 game and had another shot at another B1G win.

Reactions: Wagram97
Isnt the first round of the BTT the same day as the spring football game? Would Schiano force us back to Yurcak ?

Isnt the first round of the BTT the same day as the spring football game? Would Schiano force us back to Yurcak ?
If so, 100%. He doesn’t like anyone else playing in “his field”.

Ultimately he’s going to have to help get the lax field done because of it.

Obviously a lot depends on what happens with other games and AQs. I’ve always said we needed two wins. Win this game though and there still is a chance or we will have to go on a run.

There just aren’t that many viable teams when you look at the numbers currently.

Obviously a lot depends on what happens with other games and AQs. I’ve always said we needed two wins. Win this game though and there still is a chance or we will have to go on a run.

There just aren’t that many viable teams when you look at the numbers currently.

Georgetown's resurgence has steepened the path somewhat and made the Big East more viable Their loss to Hopkins looks a lot less damaging than when it happened. Denver closes out their regular season with 2 cupcakes in Tierney's swan song year and Villanova is in the mix. Worst case would be Denver winning the AQ.

Last edited:
Yep.

Love these kids. They give it their all every time they step on the field. People outside the program have no idea how much time, effort, and physical pain these kids go through perform on game day.

If so, 100%. He doesn’t like anyone else playing in “his field”.

Ultimately he’s going to have to help get the lax field done because of it.
You really think this is it? Or is it the Rutgers Administration is not going to reschedule the Spring Game which draws 15k or more? News flash, they're not rescheduling the Spring Game on a week's notice even if Schiano said OK. This date has been set in stone for months and BTN's football crew will be there. No one's telling them to go scratch ass?

Last edited:
You really think this is it? Or is it the Rutgers Administration is not going to reschedule the Spring Game which draws 15k or more? News flash, they're not rescheduling the Spring Game on a week's notice even if Schiano said OK. This date has been set in stone for months and BTN's football crew will be there. No one's telling them to go scratch ass?

Trust me, there is no confusion. Schiano controls that field with an iron fist. He doesn't even allow the lax team to do walk throughs the day before.

We used to be able to practice on it under Ash.

Some changes on O with Cameron out.

Same start against Maryland. Missing our chances, while Penn State isn't.

Just in a bad funk on offense. I am not sure what do honestly.

Every team goes through a challenging spot. It's a long season. Unfortunately ours is coming when we are typically playing our best. At the end of the season.

Sprock's was a good take.

Just unlucky.

Already danger time. Penn St.smells blood. D is a mess today. Just a terrible start when you needed to come out fast on the road.

Some changes on O with Cameron out.

Same start against Maryland. Missing our chances, while Penn State isn't.

Just in a bad funk on offense. I am not sure what do honestly.

Every team goes through a challenging spot. It's a long season. Unfortunately ours is coming when we are typically playing our best. At the end of the season.
I get that they are on their heels. But it doesn’t seem like there is any change to approach on both ends of the field.

I get that they are on their heels. But it doesn’t seem like there is any change to approach on both ends of the field.

Different guys in different spots. We played on Sunday. It's Friday including a travel day. There isn't time to make wholesale changes. You have to execute what you have.

Can't give hands free by 3 yards 10 yards out. Something has to change on D.

Two guys went to the ball on a simple sweep from up top. No communication. It's the last game of the regular season. That's summer league bullshit.

Team is a mess.

Different guys in different spots. We played on Sunday. It's Friday including a travel day. There isn't time to make wholesale changes. You have to execute what you have.
Not looking for wholesale changes. More attacking from middle of field versus the alleys and x. Get down hill better ball movement. They have been tight. Loosen it up get some free looks.

They are making a mockery of our defense with simple pick plays up top drawing two guys and spinning it leading to great looks.

We set no picks. We are standing around watching the man with the ball. it's just brutal offense. YOu can't put up numbers playing this way. And their goalie is sniffing out the few good chances we are creating.

If we are going to keep our Dmids on the field for 20 seconds than use them and play fast. Or don't and get off immediately. It wastes time otherwise.

Finally get one.

Refs make that call everytime. As soon as a guys stick drops to the ground they call him playing without it.

5-1 after a pathetic quarter. Let's see what we got.

I had to turn it off, I can't hear them say we are one of the highest scoring BIG teams when that is what we haven't done since the start of BIG play.

Short sticks on D are leaving guys open and our offense doesn't do anything to get open as we are too reliant on dodging and dodging isn't something that we have in the quiver at the moment.

Pretty frustrated right now.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Their goalie is seeing the ball very well.

Peters has to finish that.

Sprock with a rocket. Kids are grinding. 5-3

Another awful start….this is a BAD habit in BIG games (NCAA v Cornell, last week, this week). Gotta work with the athletic department’s shrink and get over this lol!

My thinking is that the coaches tried to throw a wrench at PSU. Did you see Knoblock and Sprock working down low? Cali is correct in saying that you can't make these changes in a couple of days of practice.

Spot a B1G team 5 goals , and on the road. That's one huge hole to climb out of.

I said the D would have to play an exceptional game today. That hasn't happened.

Sorry to be so down on this game but we are just not making winning plays. We play good D, turn them over, the ball is right in front of Reynolds who is a great athlete, he doesn't pick it up, they do, get a TO and now will have an opportunity to score.

To win games like this it's the little plays like that and clearing the ball that make all the difference.

Knobloch offsides.

Move him back to midfield. We aren't getting anything out of him at attack.

2 men down. More losing plays.

They are way to slick to go two men down.

Our D guy just deliberately runs over their pick guy. Easy call.

I call them losing plays. I have an unofficial stat of 8 so far. Brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT