ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Detroit for 2022 NCAA Championships / Tournament Thread

#5. Step up the club guys.
Yea it's called money, we need a sugar daddy like Sling Blade got. And on the transfer, yes I'm sure. When 20% of your starting lineup is transfers yes they make a difference. In the Dual season without Hildebrandt you lose Iowa, no dual season champions, you didn't win the B1G's so nothing there. And finally without Deans points into the finals the race to NCAA Champion is still on. Sorry but Beard's not going from 7th to Championship.

Reactions: Leonard23
Yea it's called money, we need a sugar daddy like Sling Blade got. And on the transfer, yes I'm sure. When 20% of your starting lineup is transfers yes they make a difference. In the Dual season without Hildebrandt you lose Iowa, no dual season champions, you didn't win the B1G's so nothing there. And finally without Deans points into the finals the race to NCAA Champion is still on. Sorry but Beard's not going from 7th to Championship.
Every team has transfers, since they let kids go wherever your coach wouldn’t be doing their job without checking it so not sure what your argument is?

The ultimate goal is to win NCAA individual championships and team championships. You try to win every dual and every tournament throughout the season, but that’s not the big prize.

PSU beat Michigan 29-6 in a dual. You think that mattered to Michigan at B1Gs?

and this team race is going to be won by much more than the difference between Max and Michael

Reactions: bigjeff82
What a class act and thank you Sebastian Rivera for the past 2 years and being a Scarlet Knight. Thought it was great he also thanked Northwestern. I remember when he was a little whipper snapper at his dads club in Jackson. I grew up right around corner from Seabass and Elite Wrestling.

Last edited:
Every team has transfers, since they let kids go wherever your coach wouldn’t be doing their job without checking it so not sure what your argument is?
WTF? No sh*t and that's what I originally said and you said the transfers didn't matter in psu's case, since apparently you think Cael can just plug anyone in and they're off to the championship.

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned the potential contributions from guys like Alvarez, Turley, Janzer, Peterson, White, and perhaps even a Soldano, who all scored a combined 0 points this tournament. There’s also the possibility of Poz returning to form in addition to Olivieri and Shawver each being a year better. Also Rutgers isn’t the only team that graduates their seniors.

Maybe it’s more fun to be miserable and pessimistic about the future though. If that’s how you are then I’m glad you don’t post here anymore.
Who’s miserable? PSU won team championship and have 5 guys in finals? I’m happy as hell.

you’re one of the loudest people on here with some of the worst takes and admonish others for trying to figure out how to get from 15-20 range to top 10. There’s levels to this stuff.

talking about potential points from guys that never wrestled attached and one low AA isn’t a recipe for top 10 next year. If so, every team can make that claim. But go on and be content.

I would love to see RU as a perennial top 10 team. I listed the things needed to be done (can they? We’ll see) but to make excuses why they can’t be done is the more miserable take.

Sebastian Rivera, you are an amazing talent and person. I am honored that we were both privileged to wear the Rutgers singlets and compete at the highest level. You will do great things young man, and we all want you to stay around...so donors, let's anti up and get this kid as an assistant coach!

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Yeah, Wick gave him a beating. Wick was so dumb letting off the gas those last few seconds against Griffith. But, that's why Griffith is an NCAA champ. Wrestles 100% ever single second. On a side note, I was watching the Parris vs Kerklviet match. Parris is a shadow of his former self. I know GK is great, but Parris was so dominant outside of Steveson. Looks hurt.
Parris is a shell, you are absolutely right. Although he has his B1G tourney accolades, I feel Marinelli is somewhat of a shell of his former self. Meaning, he hasn't seemed to wrestle as The Bull the past 2 or 3 years. No doubt, he's pretty damn good still.
How about that Brands interview? He's so pissed off the Hawkeyes didn't have a better tournament
He's pissed but the questions were kind of awkward which maybe threw him off a little. Brands gets major kudos for transforming Desanto's mental state over the years.
I clearly said “approaching the top 10” which implies the 11-15 range. If you think that’s unreasonable then so be it
Yeah. Major twisting of the words. I'm with ya.

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
Parris is a shell, you are absolutely right. Although he has his B1G tourney accolades, I feel Marinelli is somewhat of a shell of his former self. Meaning, he hasn't seemed to wrestle as The Bull the past 2 or 3 years. No doubt, he's pretty damn good still.

He's pissed but the questions were kind of awkward which maybe threw him off a little. Brands gets major kudos for transforming Desanto's mental state over the years.

Yeah. Major twisting of the words. I'm with ya.
Marinelli seems complacent winning a Big 10 title but not pushing that tempo at NCAA's. Total mental block. reminds me of former RU 400m great, Izaiah Brown. Came up huge with Big 10 performances, but always seemed to get mysteriously hurt before NCAA's.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
There is so much talent in NJ between Blair, the private schools, and perennial public powerhouses. Although it doesn’t help when you have the Ivies in your backyard from Cornell up north to Columbia to the east to Princeton in the middle to UPenn to the south, plus PSU to the West. Geography-wise RU is in recruiting Hell. A recruiting death-cross when you map it out. RU needs to work the Buxton/Mason connection to grab DeLuca and Knox and a bunch will follow.

Ru hasn't been able to land those top 10 kids. Every year the same thing is said. Maybe Buxton running skwc is the thing needed to crack that code. We will see. I do think recruiting Ohio is something that seems to be working.

Who’s miserable? PSU won team championship and have 5 guys in finals? I’m happy as hell.

you’re one of the loudest people on here with some of the worst takes and admonish others for trying to figure out how to get from 15-20 range to top 10. There’s levels to this stuff.

talking about potential points from guys that never wrestled attached and one low AA isn’t a recipe for top 10 next year. If so, every team can make that claim. But go on and be content.

I would love to see RU as a perennial top 10 team. I listed the things needed to be done (can they? We’ll see) but to make excuses why they can’t be done is the more miserable take.
You’re putting takes in my mouth that I never had. If you want to discuss my bad takes at least know what they are

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Sebastian Rivera, you are an amazing talent and person. I am honored that we were both privileged to wear the Rutgers singlets and compete at the highest level. You will do great things young man, and we all want you to stay around...so donors, let's anti up and get this kid as an assistant coach!
Well said. I think there is an excellent chance that Seabass will be in the room next year. For all Rutgers Wrestling fans the easiest way to support the SKWC is to join the PinPool. You can come in at $1 per pin which will cost you $49 this year. Sign up on the SKWC website is still open. We don’t have the “whales” that the other clubs have so every $ counts and every pledge is critical. A pledge of $5 per pin and up gets you the iconic SKWC PinPool T shirt. Next year we may try to work out a deal to get Crackers to autograph the shirts for the larger donors!

There is so much talent in NJ between Blair, the private schools, and perennial public powerhouses. Although it doesn’t help when you have the Ivies in your backyard from Cornell up north to Columbia to the east to Princeton in the middle to UPenn to the south, plus PSU to the West. Geography-wise RU is in recruiting Hell. A recruiting death-cross when you map it out. RU needs to work the Buxton/Mason connection to grab DeLuca and Knox and a bunch will follow.
Exactly

Ru hasn't been able to land those top 10 kids. Every year the same thing is said. Maybe Buxton running skwc is the thing needed to crack that code. We will see. I do think recruiting Ohio is something that seems to be working.
We missed out on Lewis, Griffith, Glory, and even McFadden…. We have a lot of good talent coming in but I keep thinking to myself when will we land the next NJ great?? Before this generation there were the Zach Rey, Kellen Russel, Caldwell, Molinaro

The key will be which HS kids show up to train this Summer at the SKWC.
Not having SKWC HS practices for the past 2 years has really impacted recruiting, because that's where we really develop good relationships with recruits.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Not sure about that..without looking up all recruits we have landed not just top 10 recruits but the #1 guys a couple of times..JoJo was ranked #1 or 2 and Peterson was a #1 ranked guy. .We have landed plenty of top 10 kids at their weight

Well said. I think there is an excellent chance that Seabass will be in the room next year. For all Rutgers Wrestling fans the easiest way to support the SKWC is to join the PinPool. You can come in at $1 per pin which will cost you $49 this year. Sign up on the SKWC website is still open. We don’t have the “whales” that the other clubs have so every $ counts and every pledge is critical. A pledge of $5 per pin and up gets you the iconic SKWC PinPool T shirt. Next year we may try to work out a deal to get Crackers to autograph the shirts for the larger donors!
Ha, there is a steep charge for washed-up old farts, with long hair. Isn't there some guy who donates real big, bald head and always yelling like a maniac at the matches? What's that guy's name, Tom, Tim, Ted? Something that begins with a T. The guy gets an A+ from me, just for the yelling and enthusiasm.

This Wrestling forum was basically non existing before Goodale showed up on campus...Nobody was on the Olympic Sports site talking RU Wrestling...Can you imagine how the current forum would of reacted when Rutgers only had 1 wrestler make the 2nd day of EIWA Tournament and Rutgers had zero NCAA Qualifiers the year before Goodale took over...Now a day its Great to be an RU Wrestling fan...jmo
wtg.....great perspective .........be thankful for how far we have come.

Ha, there is a steep charge for washed-up old farts, with long hair. Isn't there some guy who donates real big, bald head and always yelling like a maniac at the matches? What's that guy's name, Tom, Tim, Ted? Something that begins with a T. The guy gets an A+ from me, just for the yelling and enthusiasm.

As you know many of the upper echelon clubs have one main benefactor who have set up 7 figure endowments for the clubs. We don’t have that 7 figure person yet but if your next book is a best seller we will name the club after you! RUCrackersRTC has a nice ring to it. The guy that you are referencing is one of the best people that you will ever meet. If you are still in London hit the Swiss Cottage for a pint. It has its own Underground stop so it’s easy to find.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT