ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Detroit for 2022 NCAA Championships / Tournament Thread

Not sure about that..without looking up all recruits we have landed not just top 10 recruits but the #1 guys a couple of times..JoJo was ranked #1 or 2 and Peterson was a #1 ranked guy. .We have landed plenty of top 10 kids at their weight
Jojo was a huge recruit, #6p4p, we also landed a lot of top NJ guys like Glasgow, Mulligan etc hate to say it but a decent chunk of them turned out to be busts…. Peterson is a huge recruit too but didn’t he take some questionable losses in RS so not even sure he will be that next great NJ guy… Soldano is the cream of his class so really hoping he’s the next one up…

Bulsak takes too many half shots and rarely ever fully commits to his shots in these close matches. That being said though, great season and congrats on AA and representing RU this year.

We need someone at the Lubert level. As you know many of the upper echelon clubs have one main benefactor who have set up 7 figure endowments for the clubs. We don’t have that 7 figure person yet but if your next book is a best seller we will name the club after you! RUCrackersRTC has a nice ring to it. The guy that you are referencing is one of the best people that you will ever meet. If you are still in London hit the Swiss Cottage for a pint. It has its own Underground stop so it’s easy to find.
In Kinsale, Ireland today. I can't believe how nice these people are. Have a real thick Irish accent and it's hard understanding them because they talk so fast. He seems like a decent guy. I've seen others talk about him, and I kind of wanted to know his gig. Apparently, he is tight with the coaching staff ( saw some pictures from the golf outing). Is he an alumnus, a former wrestler, or just a crazed fan who loves RU Wrestling. We need more dudes like him to get the crowds going.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
The key will be which HS kids show up to train this Summer at the SKWC.
Agree. Really curious. Have a legit freestyle coach. Great young group of college kids in the room. Have to show kids Olympic styles will be taught also.

wtg.....great perspective .........be thankful for how far we have come.
to add to this.......before goodale we had no big time wrestling tradition. as a matter of fact that holds true to most of our athletic programs....unfortunately as a university, we are very late in the game for going all in with support and, financing...........one day when i'm dead and, cremated ru finally will be a top destination for recruits
locally and, nationally.

We missed out on Lewis, Griffith, Glory, and even McFadden…. We have a lot of good talent coming in but I keep thinking to myself when will we land the next NJ great?? Before this generation there were the Zach Rey, Kellen Russel, Caldwell, Molinaro
We landed Glasgow, JoJo, Kanniard, Janzer, Oneill, Poz, Soldano in recent years just to name a few. While some may have not panned out they way we hoped, we still have landed some of the top guys.

In Kinsale, Ireland today. I can't believe how nice these people are. Have a real thick Irish accent and it's hard understanding them because they talk so fast. He seems like a decent guy. I've seen others talk about him, and I kind of wanted to know his gig. Apparently, he is tight with the coaching staff ( saw some pictures from the golf outing). Is he an alumnus, a former wrestler, or just a crazed fan who loves RU Wrestling. We need more dudes like him to get the crowds going.
He is all three and as I said just a great down to earth guy. The last time I was in Ireland was 1971 and I was in Belfast the day the English mandated internment aimed at the IRA started. Good times. Hope you don’t have as much drama there as I did. The only word that they said that I could understand was Guinness. Safe travels.

to add to this.......before goodale we had no big time wrestling tradition. as a matter of fact that holds true to most of our athletic programs....unfortunately as a university, we are very late in the game for going all in with support and, financing...........one day when i'm dead and, cremated ru finally will be a top destination for recruits
locally and, nationally.
Hopefully sooner then before we are dead n cremated lol… n yeah I remember being at a RU match before Goodale era…. There was maybe like 30 fans n we got walloped… lol. This is truly an exciting time to watch this program grow…

We landed Glasgow, JoJo, Kanniard, Janzer, Oneill, Poz, Soldano in recent years just to name a few. While some may have not panned out they way we hoped, we still have landed some of the top guys.
There are hidden gems to be found…look at Composto out of Westfield. Kid makes AA and was never a top HS recruit and injured senior year.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Who do we have training our Wrestlers?

Myles Martin
Donnie P.
Anthony Ashnault
Jeff Buxton

That is High Quality training.
Are we associated with NJRTC anymore?

It would be nice adding SeaBass, but i thought he was going to try MMA.
As for Suriano going MMA, I always thought he bled too much to fight in the MMA.

There are hidden gems to be found…look at Composto out of Westfield. Kid makes AA and was never a top HS recruit and injured senior year.
Composto is good example. Was set to level jump his senior year but got hurt. He had some big wins like against Anthony Clark over that summer and hit the weighs hard while injured.

Myles Martin
Donnie P.
Anthony Ashnault
Jeff Buxton

As for Suriano going MMA, I always thought he bled too much to fight in the MMA.
NJRTC we're not affiliated with any longer. I thought Suriano wanted to be an actor? The corn rows are showing the depth of his character range.

Reactions: elvis7

Myles Martin
Donnie P.
Anthony Ashnault
Jeff Buxton

Pretty sure in the past Rivera has said despite his ties to Frankie Edgar he has no desire to go that route

locally and, nationally.
Are you leaving RU/SKWC the estate, the life insurance, or both? Thanks in advance and please stay healthy until then. $$$$

He is all three and as I said just a great down to earth guy. The last time I was in Ireland was 1971 and I was in Belfast the day the English mandated internment aimed at the IRA started. Good times. Hope you don’t have as much drama there as I did. The only word that they said that I could understand was Guinness. Safe travels.
It's a port town and surprisingly it has great food. Very laid back. A lot of Uber-type drivers here know this place, inside and out. For the size, it has quite a few notables. The residents are amongst the friendliest I've ever encountered. But man, can the commoners put away the beer! Holy smokes! Little guys all of 5 ft nothing downing pitchers of Guiness

Rutgers scoring by wrestler at NCAA tournament

Rivera. 16 points
Bulsak. 6.5 points
O’Neil. 3.points
Poz. 1 point
Shaver. 1 point
Oliveri. 0.5 point
Van Brill. 0.5 points

Total. 28.5

As of now 5.5 points return next year

Last edited:

Rivera. 16 points
Bulsak. 6.5 points
O’Neil. 3.points
Poz. 1 point
Shaver. 1 point
Oliveri. 0.5 point
Van Brill. 0.5 points

Total. 28.5

As of now 6 points return next year
Is MVB returning next year?? If not, it’s only 5.5 returning… going to be a tough challenge to make up the 23 pts next year.. doable but we really need some guys to make big gains

Rivera. 16 points
Bulsak. 6.5 points
O’Neil. 3.points
Poz. 1 point
Shaver. 1 point
Oliveri. 0.5 point
Van Brill. 0.5 points

Total. 28.5

As of now 6 points return next year
I guess the pin helps but really weird you can get points in the pig tail match. That doesn’t make sense to me

It's a port town and surprisingly it has great food. Very laid back. A lot of Uber-type drivers here know this place, inside and out. For the size, it has quite a few notables. The residents are amongst the friendliest I've ever encountered. But man, can the commoners put away the beer! Holy smokes! Little guys all of 5 ft nothing downing pitchers of Guiness
There’s some good food in Kinsale. I had the Haddock at Fishy Fishy when I was there and it was probably the best fish & chips I’ve ever eaten.

Suriano wins his 2nd national title.

He was dominating the 1st and 2nd period and then for some reason he literally stopped wrestling in the 3rd. Gave up 2 stall points and another penalty point as well.

What everyone think of Suriano Match? Thought he Pretty much dominated. Just seems to have 1-2 brain farts on the big stage. But he certainly deserved to win.

What everyone think of Suriano Match? Thought he Pretty much dominated. Just seems to have 1-2 brain farts on the big stage. But he certainly deserved to win.
Yeah Glory didn’t even get anything going in the 1st two periods. Wasn’t on Nick’s level, but it got interesting in the 3rd when Nick just stopped wrestling. It’s almost like he thought there was 10 seconds left when there was still 1:45 left.

Reactions: Leonard23
Glory a Junior?

I will have a hard time rooting against Monday, but he does wrestle for Princeton

I guess the pin helps but really weird you can get points in the pig tail match. That doesn’t make sense to me
U get 1pt for every W in championship bracket, 2pts for a pin. Bonus pts r huge at nationals. I guess they treat pigtail as championship bracket

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT