ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Opens Big Ten Schedule with No. 21 Indiana, Purdue

#1 Noto lost today.. 125 is crazy this year. Anyone can win.

Wow kinda puts into perspective what a generational talent Spencer Lee was… never seen a weight class like this years 125 before..

Looks like Vito is staying at 133.. heard Fix might make the decent to 125.. hope he stays put at 33 as this revolving door at 125 is kinda fun.. lol

Reactions: mayp529
Daton Fix will be 26 years old when the individual tournament takes place. Dude needs to move on with his life. Really hope he doesn’t win a title.

Daton Fix will be 26 years old when the individual tournament takes place. Dude needs to move on with his life. Really hope he doesn’t win a title.
I won't go so far as to say I hope he doesn't win, because I know he's an extremely hard worker and a good kid. But he's wrestled a total of about 27 minutes in NCAA title matches and has yet to score an offensive point, and I'm not sure I want to watch another attempt.

Fix is probably my most disliked wrestler.
Those matches with Suriano were legendary
At this point, gotta believe he will try and wrestle at a weight with the least path of resistance. I'd be perfectly fine with him never winning a title. His dad and his coach rub me the wrong way. His "accidental" steroid slurpee ingestions are the main reason though.

At this point, gotta believe he will try and wrestle at a weight with the least path of resistance. I'd be perfectly fine with him never winning a title. His dad and his coach rub me the wrong way. His "accidental" steroid slurpee ingestions are the main reason though.
NCAA descent rules mean he has to get down to 130ish by mid February. Then he’ll need to qualify at 125 at the Big 12 tournament. He could very well end up as the 33 seed at 125 if he waits too long to drop, since his bouts at 133 won’t count towards his seeding.

Is Hermes going instead of Fongaro so the brothers don’t have to wrestle, or is there another reason?

There’s a lot of talent at 133 but if some of those guys cut to 125 I’d really like Shawver’s chances to AA

Reactions: biazza38
Always good to wrestle against the 8th year freshmen Rooks brothers.

Cetta has been so close to scoring multiple times on Rooks. Hopefully he can finish one soon.

Reactions: brentx35
Cetta has completely out wrestled Rooks this entire match. Would be criminal if he doesn’t get rewarded for it.
Yeah, it was shame that he couldn’t finish one one of his 6 or 7 opportunities that match. Rooks has the experience and is very crafty defensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT