ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Opens Big Ten Schedule with No. 21 Indiana, Purdue

Wonder who will get the starting spot once Butler is healthy.. they seem both pretty equal rn.
I’ve been more impressed with Cetta who is also a home grown guy, and your best ability is availability. Hard to think he’s not the starter at the moment.

Crazy that Shawver has wrestled this week and is still probably our 3rd or 4th best wrestler on the roster. Between Peterson, Shawver, Moore, Poz, and Yara, we have 5 legit possibilities for AA’s and that doesn’t include wildcards in Turley and Soldano.

DeSantis is just completely outmatched against Blaze, who was a 3x Ohio state champ and top 20 P4P recruit.

If he can keep it to a decision, that would be a win but looking unlikely

Called it after last weekend, cetta reminds of Clark from last year.

And great point about top, the team seems to be much stronger on the mat overall this year. Buxton and Mytych no doubt.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I’ve been more impressed with Cetta who is also a home grown guy, and your best ability is availability. Hard to think he’s not the starter at the moment.

Crazy that Shawver has wrestled this week and is still probably our 3rd or 4th best wrestler on the roster. Between Peterson, Shawver, Moore, Poz, and Yara, we have 5 legit possibilities for AA’s and that doesn’t include wildcards in Turley and Soldano.
Haven’t seen much of Butler this year besides his dec loss to Henson.

Moore and Shawver have been a pleasant surprise this season.. Shawver probably most improved wrestler award rn… Turley looking more and more like " so you punched my grandma?" form lol

Reactions: Jersey Boys
the announcer is terrible. does not know wrestling, did not prepare for Cetta, Shawver, Wykoff. If you are going to announce, pretend like you care.

If Turley is a beast couldn’t this team be top 10 by year end?

2 weekends of solid wrestling from Rutgers. 5 AA caliber guys in the lineup. Top game looking solid.
We have some head scratcher results (like any team), but have to say, seems like we are wrestling pretty solid going into big ten season. Excited to see them keep this up 💪🏽

If Turley is a beast couldn’t this team be top 10 by year end?
I don’t think Turley was/is the problem. We give up anywhere between 6-9 points at the two middle weights almost every big 10 dual. In comparison to the rest of the big 10, we’re strong at 133, 197 and 285, and slightly above average at 125 and 141. Improved Turley probably falls into the latter category and Soldano is the wild card.

We’re better than the 5-5 team we’ve been the last few years (and that even includes Olivieri in redshirt) but we’re still going to be in the 10-20 range come tournament time. In theory, we could have 4 or 5 AA’s and finish lower than a team with 1 champ and no other AA’s. Tournament scoring is a ridiculous way to rank teams but this sport seems to want people to care about it for only 2 days of a 5 month season.

Reactions: koleszar
. In theory, we could have 4 or 5 AA’s and finish lower than a team with 1 champ and no other AA’s. Tournament scoring is a ridiculous way to rank teams but this sport seems to want people to care about it for only 2 days of a 5 month season.
I've always said they give too much in the scoring system to a Champion. If you want to score it as a Team Championship, then you need to balance it out and give the lower places more weight. Otherwise just make it an Individual Tournament.

There were several times where Nebraska would have 5 AA's, yet finish below teams with 3 AA's simply because they had a Champion.

SCNJ - I was more thinking if Turley is back to AA level then the team can be nasty, more upside.

Thank you I thought the same it's a pain in the ass. @Clearscreen25 used to do our match threads but this guy @Tango Two a moderator came on and started merging the threads with his. Now we have this cluster fvck because of this guy.
If that upset about it what's stopping you from starting one ...complain complain is all you do ..even about trivial stuff ..grow up dude .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT