ADVERTISEMENT

No. 3 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Headed to No. 1 Maryland Sunday Night

There is an actual explanation for that one. A 1 goal loss combined with higher ranked BU getting a taste of reality with 2 losses to Ivies, one of them a real drubbing by Yale.
Thank you for filling me in on that...

I'm surprised they even kept us in the top 10... we know the bias......

I think 7 is bs, but it's good enough...... we can't slip-up at all to get the ALbid

and, I still think there's a chance tOSU or PSU could surprise UMD in the semis and B1G conference championship ain't forgone conclusion yet...

Reactions: dconifer
We fit right into that 5-7 slot. I’m fine with it since it’s really not gonna be the end all...for us it’s all there. Beat UM and PSU, earn the 2 seed (convincingly) in the BTT and that puts us right where we want to be....I’m more focused on us at this point...our guys control it...

If we go 12-2 (4-1) we will be in the 4-5 range heading into our BTT semi final game

The ACC stuff is position jockeying to try and get 3 teams in the dance. The elephant in the room for them remains Ohio State...OSU beating ND and smoking UNC creates a tough story to spin to get those two in over OSU. Rutgers smoking OSU adds to that issue...for the ACC

ACC has Virginia as a lock “IN”
ACC has Cuse as a lock “OUT”

They’re not getting 4 teams...might only get 2...my guess is they get 3...the question then becomes, you got UNC, Duke, and ND...which 1 or maybe 2 get left out? This will be fun to watch

Again, we just need to mow our own grass....Period. It’s not easy, but it has to be done

We fit right into that 5-7 slot. I’m fine with it since it’s really not gonna be the end all...for us it’s all there. Beat UM and PSU, earn the 2 seed (convincingly) in the BTT and that puts us right where we want to be....I’m more focused on us at this point...our guys control it...

If we go 12-2 (4-1) we will be in the 4-5 range heading into our BTT semi final game

The ACC stuff is position jockeying to try and get 3 teams in the dance. The elephant in the room for them remains Ohio State...OSU beating ND and smoking UNC creates a tough story to spin to get those two in over OSU. Rutgers smoking OSU adds to that issue...for the ACC

They’re not getting 4 teams...might only get 2...my guess is they get 3...the question then becomes, you got UNC, Duke, and ND...which 1 or maybe 2 get left out? This will be fun to watch

Again, we just need to mow our own grass....Period. It’s not easy, but it has to be done

Syracuse may be a lock out, but they can still do damage to the Big 10 and Ivies this afternoon. They host Cornell at the Dome. I think Cornell got their regulars out in the 4th qtr in their win over Harvard, but it's still a game on 2 days rest.

What's the chance of some ACC shenanigans with RU getting left out if they win out but lose to OSU in conference semis?

Jacksonville up in both polls despite a relatively easy schedule. Better hope they get the AQ because the committee will put the screws to somebody if they don't.
with an RPI @20 I don't think they get in without the AQ

They will need to win their AQ. Beating Duke at this point isn't the victory to hang your hat on as it would have been at the start of the season.

The teams to get squeezed are very likely an Acc team. Provided we take care of business the next two weeks, it's going to be difficult to not give us a home game.

Ohio St. smashing Unc and beating ND really puts the Acc in a tough spot. I've been predicting this for awhile and I'm not changing now.

3 B1G
2 Acc

Reactions: bigmatt718
What's the chance of some ACC shenanigans with RU getting left out if they win out but lose to OSU in conference semis?

Almost no chance. If we win out we are in. There isn't any calculus at that point that puts us on the outside. We aren't just playing for a tourney birth. We are looking at seedings now. Beat Michigan.

Penn St I am not worried about. That team is going to be stepping into an absolute hornets that game. Their young guys are going to get overwhelmed.

Michigan? Needs our attention. They have a good fogo and a goalie that can get very hot. We need to show who we are this game.

Reactions: Terry_2426
Almost no chance. If we win out we are in. There isn't any calculus at that point that puts us on the outside. We aren't just playing for a tourney birth. We are looking at seedings now. Beat Michigan.

Penn St I am not worried about. That team is going to be stepping into an absolute hornets that game. Their young guys are going to get overwhelmed.

Michigan? Needs our attention. They have a good fogo and a goalie that can get very hot. We need to show who we are this game.
I'm hoping the fact that Michigan put a legitimate scare into us last year is beat into the team's heads all week in practice by Brecht.

I guarantee you their attention is had after yesterday. Going to be a long week of practice. Everything they worked for is here. Time to cross that finish line.

I'm ready to move past Maryland. I watched the game again last night after the first 5 minutes. While we played very poorly at a number of spots. and Maryland had their way, that game was a little closer than people are letting on. All goals count of course and it's time to move on but we will see them again and we can play a ton better. I am not sure if Maryland can. They were firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
I would hope they will be taking out last night's game on Michigan this Saturday. Theres the old saying you dont want to face a really good team when they are coming off a bad loss.

Bleeping ESPN company men. Please, Fox/FS1, take ownership of college lax and kick these ACC circle jerkers to the curb.

He was talking about the Ivies losing the 3rd bid.

Cornell zoned it up to come back, but it looks like fatigue is setting in.

That means every loss was to a Top 10 team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT