ADVERTISEMENT

No. 3 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Plays No. 1 Maryland In Big Ten Title Game / Saturday night at 8 p.m.

What a B1G Rutgers vs Maryland weekend- Mens and Women!s Lax for Championships and Men’s baseball with First place RU looking to extend regular season lead. The 2 B1G newbies. Go RU
Because … you know … RU and UMD don’t belong!

Guess we are starting to see who our true rivalry will be.

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
Which team will be impacted more by the not great weather conditions (wind/rain) tonight - us or MD?

RU men's lacrosse is 1-32 lifetime against Maryland with the lone win coming back in 1920. It is time to escape that history !!!!

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Manhattan 8-7 over St. Bona to win the MAAC and is the first AQ to punch their ticket.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Play tonight’s game. These kids don’t own 80 years of history.

Just so happens arguably our two best years (last year and this) in modern history are lining up with two of Maryland’s best teams (potentially). I think MD is 31-2 in the last two years with two 1 goal losses...one being to UVA in the title game...talk about elite

Tonight Rutgers just needs to go work on Rutgers. Play a strong game and see where the chips fall...tonight is not a game that our resident in-game sky is falling posters should post...watch the game, have a few drinks and simply enjoy the fact that we’re playing in this game for the first time since 2016

The team and staff are in charge here...I expect a good performance...but that might not be enough

We are 13-2 and 5-1 in a very very tough conference. We are going to the NCAA for the second year in a row and likely get a home game next week and we’re ranked #4 in the country and #6 RPI

Think about that

I’m back in Maryland. Looking forward to tonight...in the rain 😉

Play tonight’s game. These kids don’t own 80 years of history.

Just so happens arguably our two best years (last year and this) in modern history are lining up with two of Maryland’s best teams (potentially). I think MD is 31-2 in the last two years with two 1 goal losses...one being to UVA in the title game...talk about elite

Tonight Rutgers just needs to go work on Rutgers. Play a strong game and see where the chips fall...tonight is not a game that our resident in-game sky is falling posters should post...watch the game, have a few drinks and simply enjoy the fact that we’re playing in this game for the first time since 2016

The team and staff are in charge here...I expect a good performance...but that might not be enough

We are 13-2 and 5-1 in a very very tough conference. We are going to the NCAA for the second year in a row and likely get a home game next week and we’re ranked #4 in the country and #6 RPI

Think about that

I’m back in Maryland. Looking forward to tonight...in the rain 😉
Such a great post

According to the sources I checked, yeah, Rutgers won 9-8 at College Park on March 22, 1980.
Yup, I just found two sources that reported the RU 9-8 win in 1980. The original MD source cited was incorrect. Thanks to you and Degaz for the correction.

Maryland is good, but also have a history of underperforming (so many losses in NCAA finals). I expect a really tight game...

According to the Terps it was 1920 by a score of 9-8. I don't know about 1980.

According to Rutgers, it was 1980. Here’s the passage from the game preview on Scarletknights.com:

Rutgers and Maryland have played 34 times dating back to 1928. The lone win for Rutgers came in 1980 in College Park, as the eighth ranked Scarlet Knights upset second-ranked Maryland, 9-8, behind a four-goal final quarter at Byrd Stadium. Senior attackman Bobby Olsen led Rutgers with five goals and two assists while 2021 Rutgers Athletics Hall of Fame inductee James Ford had two goals and three assists.

UMBC is up 7-6 on Vermont in the America East final.

Jules Heninburg was the color commentator in the MAAC final.

Duke up on ND 11-7 at the half.

Reactions: RUTrack94
Duke up on ND 14-11 early in the 4th quarter.

Commentators on ESPN2 lamenting how ND might not make the NCAA tournament even if they win this game. The system needs to be changed blah blah blah.

Oh the irony …

Great game in South Bend. ND stormed back from a 13-8 deficit to tie it up 14-14, midway through the 4th quarter.

I don’t understand why Duke is considered in even with this loss. Their only notable win is against over rated Virginia. After this they will have losses vs ND x2, Jacksonville, Loyola, Penn and an awful loss to an abysmal Cuse team. Aside from UVA, their next best win is Denver which didn’t even make their conference finals and won’t make the tourney.

The crying by the ACC apologist announcers on ESPN is laughable.

Last edited:
Manhattan 8-7 over St. Bona to win the MAAC and is the first AQ to punch their ticket.

A team that would go winless in the Big 10, Ivy League, ACC, Big East or Patriot League.

Have to wonder about the AQ system.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
When your ONLY FOGO is playing hurt and you are a mediocre clearing team you have trouble holding leads. Just ask Duke.

Of course Quint will say ND deserves the 2nd seed in the tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT