ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Heads to Big Ten Tournament / Thursday 7:30 on BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
If RU could get to 50% on faceoffs they could win the whole thing
We don’t even need to get to 50% with how well Kirst is playing in net. We need to do better than we have been but low 40s would be fine. As long as the ones we are losing are going to a 3:3 gb battle and we are not giving up clean wins / make it, take it, I like our chances against anyone.

Reactions: RUMountie
We don’t even need to get to 50% with how well Kirst is playing in net. We need to do better than we have been but low 40s would be fine. As long as the ones we are losing are going to a 3:3 gb battle and we are not giving up clean wins / make it, take it, I like our chances against anyone.
US Lacrosse magazine just left us out of their brackets putting 3 Patriot teams including Loyola even after their Covid issue. What a f’n joke.

Teams I’d love to play.

Georgetown
Lehigh
Uva
Syracuse
Army
Denver

Eye test- we compete with any and in a number of instances, would be favored.

Based on history alone, had we played an OOC schedule the conference would get at least three teams in.

B1G teams have losing records because Rutgers and Maryland dominated them to the tune of 13-1. It’s almost impossible to not have a losing record given that.

Depends on how far down in the seeding Thursday cost RU. The Top 5 seeds will likely be 4 ACC schools and Maryland. 6-7 likely Denver and Georgetown. 8 probably Lehigh. Although they certainly have the talent, I doubt RU is #9. And actually that's good, as Sissleberger would be this team's nightmare matchup. The mystery to me is where they put Syracuse. Since the show is on ESPN let's say 9, travesty though it is, So anywhere from 10-12, which would be Denver, Georgetown, UVA or Notre Dame.

US Lacrosse magazine just left us out of their brackets putting 3 Patriot teams including Loyola even after their Covid issue. What a f’n joke.
That guy is a clown. His entire argument is that we should be punished due to the B1G’s decision to play a conference-only schedule. And in the same breath argues that Loyola‘s forfeit to Lehigh should be disregarded because it wasn’t their fault and we should also ignore their early season losses because they started playing better lately so we should just give them the benefit of the doubt. I am dumber for having read that article.

That guy is a clown. His entire argument is that we should be punished due to the B1G’s decision to play a conference-only schedule. And in the same breath argues that Loyola‘s forfeit to Lehigh should be disregarded because it wasn’t their fault and we should also ignore their early season losses because they started playing better lately so we should just give them the benefit of the doubt. I am dumber for having read that article.
I know but this is the shit and opinions we are up against every year.

Reactions: Caliknight
Don’t get mad at them get mad at the Big Ten for not allowing us to play an OOC games

What he, and many others, fail to take into account is the boost the better Patriot team got from playing the weaker conference teams. Intentional or not I'm not sure. Bucknell, Colgate and Holy Cross would have gone winless in the Big 10. Hell, Lafayette went winless in the Patriot League. Would RU in the tourney even be a question with an 11-3 record? How much better would their strength of schedule be if Ohio St. etc. had 3 more wins on their record? You can blame the Big 10. I blame people for either having an agenda or not following the game closely.

The fact the committee is taking the eye test into consideration means a lot.

If we are being honest, Rutgers should be a seed in that regard.

I said no such thing. Bottom line WINNING that game put us in without question. Not sure how you can argue with that? Simple equation.
True. But we won 8 games in the league. We beat that team twice. That’s an unreal season in this conference.

Winning the AQ would have definitely gotten us in. You can’t look at what we didn’t do. You have to look at the great work the team actually did over the season.

True. But we won 8 games in the league. We beat that team twice. That’s an unreal season in this conference.

Winning the AQ would have definitely gotten us in. You can’t look at what we didn’t do. You have to look at the great work the team actually did over the season.
I completely understand that brotha’ just would be nice to not have to swear it out. For everyone.

BTW - Steven’s is slowly building a MACHINE up here. Won the MAC Freedom in dominating fashion this past week 25-3, 21-8 then 24-7 in the final. Gonna be interesting to see how they fair in the NCAA’s.

I completely understand that brotha’ just would be nice to not have to swear it out. For everyone.

BTW - Steven’s is slowly building a MACHINE up here. Won the MAC Freedom in dominating fashion this past week 25-3, 21-8 then 24-7 in the final. Gonna be interesting to see how they fair in the NCAA’s.
It’s the Baltimore mafia. Even if we won Thursday and lost yesterday we’d be searing it out.

What 's up with the selection show at 9. This is still a predominantly East coast sport. Old guys like me can't stay up until then. Up at 5:30.

Reactions: dconifer
There is no one I want to face more than Cuse.
Outside of their potential fogo advantage, they are exactly the type of team we want to play. Their D is an utter joke. I’ve seen a bunch of their games. Their D actually creates offense for their opponents. If we get the ball with any regularity we will put up 15-20 on them.

Their O will score some goals but they will not be able to contain our offense in any way when we have the ball.

Reactions: TRU2RU and jayman
Is it possible Loyola still gets selected?

Anyone’s best guess?
It’s possible. It depends on the criteria they are prioritizing. Sounds like eye test is going to factor and that has a bias towards recency. In that case they look better than Army which has not looked great of late. But there is a possibility that they will not be cleared to play anyway. Either way should have no bearing on us. Either Loyola or Army are the last team out.

Outside of their potential fogo advantage, they are exactly the type of team we want to play. Their D is an utter joke. I’ve seen a bunch of their games. Their D actually creates offense for their opponents. If we get the ball with any regularity we will put up 15-20 on them.

Their O will score some goals but they will not be able to contain our offense in any way when we have the ball.
I have no doubt we will beat Cuse by a significant margin.

If the IL forecast is right and we are the 10 seed vs. Cuse and Maryland is the #2 seed then we would play them again if we beat Cuse. In some ways that is good since we saw from ours and Maryland’s game vs Hopkins, it’s tough to beat the same team 3x in one season. But after playing 11 B1G games, I’d like to see us face some new blood and I am sure the players Feel this way even more so.

I can't think of a FOGO situation where the matchup is more important. The SU guy has had both mind blowing games and games where he was dominated. If Dugenio struggles go to Ott relatively early (after the first 3 or 4). Try Youseffi if that doesn't work. But this guy is no Sissleberger so there should be a way.

If the IL forecast is right and we are the 10 seed vs. Cuse and Maryland is the #2 seed then we would play them again if we beat Cuse. In some ways that is good since we saw from ours and Maryland’s game vs Hopkins, it’s tough to beat the same team 3x in one season. But after playing 11 B1G games, I’d like to see us face some new blood and I am sure the players Feel this way even more so.
The last thing any kid in the B1G wants to do is play another B1G team.

Why did the acc puss out and not have a tournament? Weak sauce. Living off hype.

I can't think of a FOGO situation where the matchup is more important. The SU guy has had both mind blowing games and games where he was dominated. If Dugenio struggles go to Ott relatively early (after the first 3 or 4). Try Youseffi if that doesn't work. But this guy is no Sissleberger so there should be a way.
Sissleberger was somewhat brutalized v Army. I’d like to see him do his thing against schools not Colgate and Lafayette.

Sarah kid is an enigma. Gets destroyed often, then goes almost 100% v uva.

Ott has been coming on. People forget he was doing very well prior to his knee injury. I’d play both of them long before I went to a pole.

A second round Rutgers Maryland matchup would guarantee a Big Ten team in the Final Four. ESPN wouldn't like that

Foy has RU vs Cuse in Round 1 with winner facing Maryland.

I like this first round matchup:

609800dad376a.png

A second round Rutgers Maryland matchup would guarantee a Big Ten team in the Final Four. ESPN wouldn't like that

Those seedlings theoretically put all 5 ACC teams in the 2nd rd. And the progression looks to put 3 in the Final 4. By matching Maryland against RU gives them the best chance to put either UVA or Notre Dame in that group.

Those seedlings theoretically put all 5 ACC teams in the 2nd rd. And the progression looks to put 3 in the Final 4. By matching Maryland against RU gives them the best chance to put either UVA or Notre Dame in that group.
Love the Twitter trolls now pining for 3 Patriot league teams instead of Rutgers. 9pm needs to come now.

It is an absolute joke if we get screwed, but it also would not surprise me at all. I have talked to an assistant I know of a top team and he told me that Rutgers should be seeded if it was about the overall talent and threat level. Hopefully we get in.

Love the Twitter trolls now pining for 3 Patriot league teams instead of Rutgers. 9pm needs to come now.
Not one of those PL teams would come close accomplishing what we did in the B1G this year. They’d at best be Hopkins. And I doubt they’d be that.

Reactions: knight82
Exactly. There's no way Army, Loyola, or Lehigh goes 8-3 facing Maryland, Michigan, OSU, and PSU 2x home and home and Hopkins 3x.
Totally agree with you guys. The selection committee better use the eye test and anyone with half a brain knows the difference of B1G conference compared to Patriot. The rest of the the B1G conference would be very successful against any other conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT