ADVERTISEMENT

No idea if this is relevant to us but still thought provoking

He can't hit the kwe...
Guys - saw him play about a month ago against Vandy. Kid played limited minutes but played great defense and made a 3 in that game (maybe 2 not sure and would have to check stats).

If he is available as an option for us, I would take him in a heartbeat!

Feels like many on this board would take anybody not already on our team, or so it seems.

I don't know how many years he has left unless your talking about a 1 year real contributor or a multi year future NBA talent, I would rather let Pickell use roster spots on freshman and cultivate a culture and style of play from the ground up

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Flow chart....
Can he shoot.....
IF YES consider for recruitment

IF NO is player 7 foot tall
.......................................IF YES consider for recruitment
.......................................IF NO move on
I would hope by now that players that can't shoot would not be recruited by Rutgers.There already are too many complementary type players that are non contributors on offense.Scholarships are precious and must be used to replace Gettys and to bring in 1-2 shooters at small/power forward and or the guard position.

Reactions: ScarletDave
This guy didn't want us a few years ago. He is supposedly very athletic but is not known for hitting outside shots. we don't need to bring in a guy who has to sit out a year before being able to play. I also feel he didn't want us before so why should we want him now. We need shooters and a big guy. I don't think he fits either of these.

Kwe played in 25 games and only 8 minutes a game. He scored 24 points total for the season. He shot 10-31 on field goals, for 32%, he was 3-13 on 3's for 23.1% and 1-8 on foul shots for 12.5%. We don't need this kid to take up a scholarship for a year before he could even play. We need guys that can help us now and they must be able to shoot from the outside.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Might not fit the billl for next year, but we need more than one guy that can shoot and has to be a priority. CS knows it and is moving in that direction. Let's see if we end up with more roster options.

I recall Eddie saying at CC meeting that Kwe de-committed from RU when saw how talented Nigel was and figured he wasn't going to get the minutes as a frosh. With Nigel gone, does Kwe now reconsiders RU and does new coach/staff reach out to Kwe? Just wondering...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT