ADVERTISEMENT

Odds of playing in Albany

The 8 1st/2nd round sites are each assigned to two of the top 16 seeds.... 1 seeds get first dibs, then 2 seeds etc.

Albany is not the first choice for anyone in your top 16... So by default they'll have to put two 4 seeds there (in my example Xavier and Marquette are both 4 seeds).
That I never knew. Really not publicized. Guess the question is the Big East winner really a 4? I think one of Marquette, Xavier or UConn as Big East winner, especially UConn would get a 3? In that scenario would RU as a 4 or 5 and Uconn both get Albany?

Which means Providence or Creighton wins Big East? ;-)

That I never knew. Really not publicized. Guess the question is the Big East winner really a 4? I think one of Marquette, Xavier or UConn as Big East winner, especially UConn would get a 3? In that scenario would RU as a 4 or 5 and Uconn both get Albany?

Which means Providence or Creighton wins Big East? ;-)
I was just going off of Bac's latest seeds. Can revisit all this on a couple weeks as things evolve.

To answer your question, if UConn is a 3 and we're a 4 yes we'd both very likely be in Albany. If UConn is a 3 and we're a 5 then they'd be in Albany and we have a decent chance of being there as well but no guarantee.

Resale tickets are already available...apparently traditional sales have already been completed.
Yep, everything currently that was allowed to be sold for Albany is sold out. Seats are held back for the 8 teams that will be playing in market -- most of the tickets purchased in advance are from Siena season ticket members who grabbed extras. Wouldn't surprise me to see a decent number of seats on the resale as we get closer.

Yep, everything currently that was allowed to be sold for Albany is sold out. Seats are held back for the 8 teams that will be playing in market -- most of the tickets purchased in advance are from Siena season ticket members who grabbed extras. Wouldn't surprise me to see a decent number of seats on the resale as we get closer.

First round game always have tix available

If Uconn gets their act together they could be a 3..as can Xavier or Marquette
You really know how to be consistently negative about RU and positive about any other team in the northeast - have you even watched UCONN play the last few weeks - If they are a 3 RU is a 1. Take a pill dude.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
You really know how to be consistently negative about RU and positive about any other team in the northeast - have you even watched UCONN play the last few weeks - If they are a 3 RU is a 1. Take a pill dude.

Lol...the Be champ has a great shot at a 3 seed...the Net numbers back it up...Rutgers has almost zero shot at a 3.

Odd post you have no understanding of how things work

Lol...the Be champ has a great shot at a 3 seed...the Net numbers back it up...Rutgers has almost zero shot at a 3.

Agree with this

For RU to get a three ..it will have to have single digit losses …and get sone help from the committee with an astrick in the OSU loss

To get a 3 seed with single digit losses means either

Going 7-1 the rest of the way to get to 15-5 and then to the big ten final …that’s 25-9

Or

Going 6-2 the rest of the way and wining the big ten tourney (especially with a second Purdue win ) to get to 14-6/22-9 and winning the big ten tourney to 25-9

I think 26-8 (one regular season loss and a big ten title ) is our only path to a 2 seed and thsr still might be a 3

That’s a lot of heavy lifting ….

Reactions: bac2therac
My very early take at first right site preferences (worse to first)

9.). Dayton …duh

Don’t like at all

8.) Des Moines- Not onky nearly impossible to get to …but you are looking at preference for a couple of Kansas , Kansas state , Iowa and Iowa state to be there …don’t want be a road team there for a 4/5. 3/6 or 2/7 match up there

7.) Sacramento …Long flight …and worried about getting a UCLA , Arizona or gonzaga (or even a st Mary’s ) road game in a 2/7, 3/6 or 4/5 game

6.) Greensboro …while doable to get there (fly to Charlotte and drive 90 minutes )…I want nothing to do with the ncaa bias of always giving preferential treatment to duke and UNC there and having a road game in the second round (especially UNC if it gets hot) in a 4/5 match uo

Not bad …can go either way

5.) Denver …farther flight but lot of flights to get to for everyone one …and as a result , will likely have a good big 12 flavor to it for early rounds …and a potentially harder site to play in for a second round

4.) Birmingham …this one is not as bad as you think …you fly to Atlanta and drive 2 hours . As long as you avoid Alabama, auburn, and tennsess in the second round , you have a decent shot to avoid a “road game “ second round

3.) Columbus …this one also has potential to get to . Not a impossible drive , sone flights . No Ohio state to worry about , and if you can avoid Xavier and Kentucky …and maybe kent state or WVU in the in the first round, this could be a place to get a legit neutral site game in the second round against else except Kentucky , Xavier.

Best
2.) Orlando …million flights and probably the most likely place to have a mixed neutral site crowd for a first and second round game ….

1.) Albany …derivable and the best option for RU…but can we avoid UConn there in a 4/5 or 3/6 game? That’s in their backyard and woukd br a road game …root against the huskies so they get shipped …..

Last edited:
Albany is a decent weekend. Saturday you can either head East to basketball HOF or West to Baseball HOF.

Rutgers has a better shot at B1G Championship than Uconn has at BE.
They have not been good in BE play. They have not been good in 2023.

Agree with this

For RU to get a three ..it will have to have single digit losses …and get sone help from the committee with an astrick in the OSU loss

To get a 3 seed with single digit losses means either

Going 7-1 the rest of the way to get to 15-5 and then to the big ten final …that’s 25-9

Or

Going 6-2 the rest of the way and wining the big ten tourney (especially with a second Purdue win ) to get to 14-6/22-9 and winning the big ten tourney to 25-9

I think 26-8 (one regular season loss and a big ten title ) is our only path to a 2 seed and thsr still might be a 3

That’s a lot of heavy lifting ….

The problem is the Big 12 is going to take up at least 5 and probably 6 of the top 16. Very little opportunity. Big 12 likely gets 4 of top 12 seeds too. Big East and ACC champs if UVA will have edge on Rutgers claiming those spots

Rutgers has a better shot at B1G Championship than Uconn has at BE.
They have not been good in BE play. They have not been good in 2023.
Disagree with this simply based on # of teams in each conference (discounting the dregs, Big East has 7 legit teams and B1G has 12). UConn could easily get hot too, they have the talent.

Anyway, a long way to go. I'll try and break down the geographical implications in this thread as the projected seed lists evolve.

Rutgers is an 8/9 now, but win out & get to CBS Saturday in BTT, & at least a 7 likely..even DeCourcy said as of now we are in the upper half of the bracket..

Reactions: MiloTalon13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT