ADVERTISEMENT

Official (?) 2022 NBA Draft gameday thread

Big Ten #4 is off the board
Malaki Branham at #20.
Big Ten is back to normal with other P5 conference - Freshman of the Year to 1st round pick.

Wonder if Max Christie also sneaks into 1st round.
Or Caleb Houstan

Seems like the Knicks tried to get ivey still but it isn't happening so they cleared cap space ditching Kemba to make a run at Brunson... who will probably turn them down and stay in Dallas... Knicks prob end up with Kyrie 🤮
That would be horrible. Don’t even think they are stupid enough to get Kyrie.

Knicks get 3 future 1st for the 11th
And it seems had to use one of those picks to dump Kemba along with a bunch of 2nd round picks.
So much Kemba's big homecoming last year.

Are Knicks going to The Process 2.0 or are they gearing up for one of those evil star-chasing massive trades that fans hate?
The 3 picks are conditional ( protected) picks. That means mid to late 1st round picks at best and still no one draft to help the team this year.

Big ends up with 4 1st round picks:
Keegan Murray #4
Jaden Ivy #5
Johnny Davis #10
Malaki Branham #20

I don't think the Big has had 4 1st round picks in the last 4 drafts combined.

The 3 picks are conditional ( protected) picks. That means mid to late 1st round picks at best and still no one draft to help the team this year.
I’m ok with them stockpiling picks which is what should have done since they had Carmelo Anthony. They are a still a long way off. Hopefully, they finally build the right way but Dolan is a moron, so I wouldn’t count on it.

What time does this circus end? This is the first and the last NBA draft I will follow. Generally care zero for the NBA, just hoping for the best for Ron. Only following here and on Twitter. The sight of the NBA Commissioner is disturbing.

Despite the “expert” opinions on this board, RHJ was always going later than earlier in the draft.
I could have told you to skip the first 3-4hrs if you just wanted to watch the draft for maybe seeing RHJ get announced.

I’m ok with them stockpiling picks which is what should have done since they had Carmelo Anthony. They are a still a long way off. Hopefully, they finally build the right way but Dolan is a moron, so I wouldn’t count on it.
The Knicks have stockpiling 1st round picks since 2020. They have 4 for next year and two more the following year. Remember Quickley and Obi we're 2020 picks. Last year the Knicks used one and traded the other away for a 1st in 2024. Stockpiling picks don't mean anything if you refuse to use them. Dolan hired morons so he could be the smartest in the room.

The Knicks have stockpiling 1st round picks since 2020. They have 4 for next year and two more the following year. Remember Quickley and Obi we're 2020 picks. Last year the Knicks used one and traded the other away for a 1st in 2024. Stockpiling picks don't mean anything if you refuse to use them. Dolan hired morons so he could be the smartest in the room.
Agree with you about not using the picks. Also have had some bad luck. They just missed out on drafting Curry years ago, just missed out om drafting Morant a few years ago….both game changers. Now they are targeting Brunson from Dallas which is another loser move. As far as Dolan goes, in his land of the blind, the one-eyed fool is king.

Finally in Bilas’ top 10 available….could happen next few picks I hope 🫰🏻Still think he squeeks in with Pacers

Not getting drafted. Should have just came back.
What would one more year do for him?

If he doesn’t get drafted, he’ll get a G League opportunity, and he’ll have to play his way into the NBA.

It was always going to be this way.

And by coming back does what for him? Satisfy selfish fans' desire?
Don't know. Maybe could have gotten him a NIL deal with Weight Watchers, Would have loved to see hi play minus 15-20 pounds. (my wife said same to me but add another 20+ to the math)

Finally in Bilas’ top 10 available….could happen next few picks I hope 🫰🏻Still think he squeeks in with Pacers

There are only 3 picks left so it has to be next few if happening.

The videos of these guys near the bottom all looked better, more versatile than RHJ, truth be told.

Hope all the new NBA fans enjoyed the draft! Look forward to seeing everyone posting in the 2022-2023 NBA Season thread in a couple months.

The drought continues. Cliff O will be our next best hope. Plus side is Ron can find an organization where fit is just right for him.

Ron’s conditioning and lack of rebounding hurt him. But, hopefully he will land in G League. Just shows how good you really need to be.

Does this finally put an end to all the "draft experts" and their certainty on RHJ getting drafted?

At least until next season when they start again for Clif.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT