ADVERTISEMENT

Onto Morgan State - Week 3...some tidbits.....

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
To date, Morgan State is 0-2.

They lost to Towson 10-0 and they lost last week to Albany (SUNY) 26-0.

So:

- They have yet to score this year. I am not saying we will shut them out (though we should) - but we should keep them under 10 points.

- Maryland crushed Towson last week 63-14 or thereabouts (who beat Morgan State by 10) - and though we don't appear to be nowhere near as good as Maryland - we should to and need to beat Morgan State rather convincingly - such as 45-7 or thereabouts.

- Rob Spence is the Offensive Coordinator for Morgan State in his 1st year. As I'm sure many know, Spence was an assistant coach at RU for several years. Not a good start for him to date.

I expect to see a motivated RU team next week and though I hate when college coaches pour it on - Ash needs to do this - to build up confidence for our entire team.

Last edited:
This team needs a jolt of confidence.................probably the most important factor right now. If we played Washington close we can do it again against upcoming B10 opponents not as good as Washington.

If we play well this week, does that mean we will underestimate Nebraska?

I hope we see at least a half of JLew.
No, we are looking ahead to Ohio State, and our ability to put up 30+ points on Greg's porous defense.
Maybe some on this board will get what they wanted if we lose, and Greg gets fired--then he can come back home.

Morgan State is just what the doctor order. Football is a mental game, a win here will go a long way to getting them in the proper mindset. We saw the difference when they were fired up to play vs when they weren't.

I hope they take this game seriously, or this will be closer than it has any right to be.

There's no good reason why they should score a single point against us.

There's no good reason why they should score a single point against us.
What about if we're up 40+ to nothing at halftime, pull all the starters along with most of the two-deep and they score against our third string defense?

Reactions: rubaseball78
What about if we're up 40+ to nothing at halftime, pull all the starters along with most of the two-deep and they score against our third string defense?
LOL. Yeah, that's likely to happen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT