ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021 NY Giants Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will hurt them long term he most is personally I still think Daniel Jones is Dave Brown 2.O. He even wore the #17 there. I would have gone for a pass rusher at 20. However, Gettleman gonna Gettleman.

If Toney is your pick there, you should trade down. I don't get it, he was like the 5th option at Florida.

Loved the trade, did not love the pick at 20. Toney's a slot reciever and best I can think is that they are looking to fill a Beasley/Eddleman type role to give Jones a safety valve. He's also a returner so there's that.

Loved the trade, did not love the pick at 20. Toney's a slot reciever and best I can think is that they are looking to fill a Beasley/Eddleman type role to give Jones a safety valve. He's also a returner so there's that.

And the player who fit that role as well as Toney, Elijah Moore, is still available. And they have the Bears #4 (or is it #5) to package in a trade up deal if they don't think he'd last.

Heard he did have some red flags. Some scouts worry he’s more concerned with his rap career. Also had a issue were he had a AR in the car and got pulled over. I don’t want Deandre Baker 2.0 to happen. I do think as detailed as Judge is he did a bunch of homework on the kid though. We will see.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Well one downside to the trade - if Fields turns into an All-Pro QB it'll forever be "Giants traded away Fields to give Jones another chance".

Even though there was zero chance Giants were drafting any QB, let alone Fields.

Well one downside to the trade - if Fields turns into an All-Pro QB it'll forever be "Giants traded away Fields to give Jones another chance".

Even though there was zero chance Giants were drafting any QB, let alone Fields.
I’m not sure that would be the narrative.

Do you remember the team that traded the pick for Watson or Mahomes? I don’t on first thought

I’m not sure that would be the narrative.

Do you remember the team that traded the pick for Watson or Mahomes? I don’t on first thought

True.
But both the Browns and Bills got their franchise QBs the next year in 2018.
Both teams were immediately successful with the new QBs.

Browns
2018: 7-8-1
2019: 6-10
2020: 11-5

Bills
2018: 6-10
2019: 10-6
2020: 13-3

True.

Browns

Bills

Good point! Nothing is relevant but the QB.

of course - because it's NY and there is so much media here trying to create stories. If Giants had drafted Haskins they would be getting crucified.......in Washington its almost a feel good story that they cut him loose fast.

True.

Browns

Bills
Mayfield and Allen were also not great until their 3rd years either, so there’s that too.

I don't quite get a receiver at that spot, but some of the harsh critiques above were rebutted pretty soundly. Thug who was arrested? Nope. Bad hands? Drop #'s say other wise.

I think the one true need for the Giants was a pass rusher and the reality is, this draft did not have one that is a clear cut high end guy.

OL was another option, but we have used a lot of draft capital in recent drafts along the OL. And for better or worse Solder is back this year.

Reactions: tico brown
If Toney is your pick there, you should trade down. I don't get it, he was like the 5th option at Florida.
He had 70 catches and was their leading receiver.

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
It’s a deep OL draft so they can take one at some point tonight along with a CB, EDGE, DT or TE.

They had the number 9 defense and number 31 offense last year so no problem with them not reaching for an EDGE.

Reactions: RUInsanity
He had 70 catches and was their leading receiver.

Tell me you don’t know football without telling me you don’t know football.
Ok wise guy, I not as into it as I used to be. With the strange year I didn't see Florida as much as I usually do. Before politics got put into everything, I would have studied and known all the stats on the prospects. He has bad hands, he is a body catcher who will make Odell look like a guy who never dropped a pass. More than likely, unless he has worked on that, but I don't like the pick.

Ok wise guy, I not as into it as I used to be. With the strange year I didn't see Florida as much as I usually do. Before politics got put into everything, I would have studied and known all the stats on the prospects. He has bad hands, he is a body catcher who will make Odell look like a guy who never dropped a pass. More than likely, unless he has worked on that, but I don't like the pick.
There is a tweet above that says 150 targets(& 70 catches) with only 3 drops.

Not sure where this bad hands thing is coming from.

Reactions: GORU2014
There is a tweet above that says 150 targets(& 70 catches) with only 3 drops.

Not sure where this bad hands thing is coming from.
To each his own. Time will tell. I used some other people as well as what I saw when I watched Florida earlier in his career.

We will see if I'm wrong great. Then to use someone else's words, I was wrong so speaking out of my arse. I will add as a former diehard Giants and NFL fan about half the draft picks in the First round are considered. Busts. It goes down from there. So I guess you could say, using that logic that there are many people working professionally, that are pulling things out of their arse, ( nice British word), and don't know football.
Some of the brain thrust on this board have to get over themselves!!!!!

He has great hands. 31/31 (no drops) on passes over 10 yards this year and only dropped 2.4% of passes in his career, which was the best rate in this draft class.

Unless by bad hands you meant the best hands, this is again wrong.

Reactions: RU-05
We will see if I'm wrong great. Then to use someone else's words, I was wrong so speaking out of my arse. I will add as a former diehard Giants and NFL fan about half the draft picks in the First round are considered. Busts. It goes down from there. So I guess you could say, using that logic that there are many people working professionally, that are pulling things out of their arse, ( nice British word), and don't know football.
Some of the brain thrust on this board have to get over themselves!!!!!
There is a difference between a player not transitioning from college to pros, and guys on a message boards saying things that are just incorrect. He was not arrested, he was not their 5th option.

Reactions: GORU2014
There is a difference between a player not transitioning from college to pros, and guys on a message boards saying things that are just incorrect. He was not arrested, he was not their 5th option.
Did you also go after the poster that put that out there? I was just reacting to it. Look, I wish I had stayed off of here, since it is not that serious to me anymore. I think the vitriol is over the top.
He has great hands. 31/31 (no drops) on passes over 10 yards this year and only dropped 2.4% of passes in his career, which was the best rate in this draft class.

Unless by bad hands you meant the best hands, this is again wrong.
Start the fan club today. You could be President. Relax

Did you also go after the poster that put that out there? I was just reacting to it. Look, I wish I had stayed off of here, since it is not that serious to me anymore. I think the vitriol is over the top.

I didn't call you out specifically originally, I just noted there were some impressively false statements about this pick.

Only later did we get into the details.

I’m President of the fan club of not saying random incorrect things and doubling down on them. Sorry you were so wrong twice

Reactions: Purple-Ed
Trade down again.

From 42 to 50. Gain a 3rd for next year.

I don't know if Gettlemen is nicely setting the table for the next guy or is just super confident he is here for awhile.

Reactions: koleszar
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT