ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 NY Giants Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy thinks he's playing for style points for the Playoff Committee.

Cards v Bears
Giants v Pats

2 monster draft order games

Having a hard time finding another panthers win

Giants huge cards comeback may cost them Harrison jr or Caleb Williams

This isn’t Pop Warner.
His back up QB is allowed to make plays
No sh*t it's not Pop Warner, but why take unnecessary risks with your WR core throwing deep balls or your QB running it? Giants couldn't score 22 pts. in three games let alone half a quarter. The name of the game in the NFL is just win to make the playoffs and get out injury free. Not score as many as you can to impress voters and the Playoff Committee. It's taking risks for no reward.

No sh*t it's not Pop Warner, but why take unnecessary risks with your WR core throwing deep balls or your QB running it? Giants couldn't score 22 pts. in three games let alone half a quarter. The name of the game in the NFL is just win to make the playoffs and get out injury free. Not score as many as you can to impress voters and the Playoff Committee. It's taking risks for no reward.
In my opinion , back ups should be able to perform

Last edited:
Forfeit the remainder of the season. End it. Now.

200w.gif

SOS goes in reverse order for draft picks.

The easier schedule gets the better pick.
If you go 2-15 against an easy schedule - that makes you the worst team and you get the #2 overall pick.

Cards v Bears
Giants v Pats

2 monster draft order games

Having a hard time finding another panthers win

Giants huge cards comeback may cost them Harrison jr or Caleb Williams
A lot of stuff I’m reading is putting Maye even with Williams. Williams doesn’t face tough defense in his conference and when he does he underperforms. Him crying after one loss some people are criticizing him for that. They said he was sulking after the ND loss too. Not sure how he would handle NY

Giants are tied for fourth worse team in NFL and two, Cardinals and Panthers, aren't going to draft a QB. I don’t know if New England going to draft another QB over Mac Jones. They will be able to draft either the first or second best QB in the draft and I hear they’re 5 good QB. Just continue losing. Jets will probably be able to get one of the 5 QB also.

They might be stupid again and not draft a QB.

The Panthers don't have a 1st rounder. It is the Bears who have the #1 overall right now from their trade with Carolina.

I really wonder what the Bears are going to do.
Suppose they get #1 overall and #6 or similar.

Do they give up on Fields? This is his 3rd year. need to make a decision on his 5th year option after this year.
Trade #1 overall to a QB needy team?
Take MHJ for Fields?

NE is definitely looking at a QB.
Mac Jones got benched for Bailey Zappy to lead a game winning drive yesterday (who promptly threw an INT).
Zero chance they pick up his 5th year option and just let him play out his contract next year.

2021 QB draft class turned out to be pretty terrible.
Trevor Lawrence - good but hasn't really turned the corner and become an elite QB it seems
Zach Wilson - enough said.
Trey Lance - replaced by a 7th round pick QB and traded
Justin Fields - shows just enough promise to string along the team for another couple years (see Daniel Jones situation all over again).
Mac Jones - benched for Bailey Zappy

Yeah Chicago is going to the biggest wild card in all of this. If they decide to keep Fields it will help the Giants obviously. Patriots are 100% going QB and if you believe the rumors Belichick might be done there at the end of the year. If it is a new HC they will be taking QB no questions asked. Arizona is interesting. They have Kyler on big money but they can also make the decision to move on. Hopefully he wins some game for them and the get bumped into the back half of the top 10.

Do they give up on Fields? This is his 3rd year. need to make a decision on his 5th year option after this year.
Take MHJ for Fields?

Mac Jones got benched for Bailey Zappy to lead a game winning drive yesterday (who promptly threw an INT).
Zero chance they pick up his 5th year option and just let him play out his contract next year.

Trevor Lawrence - good but hasn't really turned the corner and become an elite QB it seems
Justin Fields - shows just enough promise to string along the team for another couple years (see Daniel Jones situation all over again).
I guess benching Jones meant lose as many games as possible for the rest of the season. Same with DeVito with the Giants.

Take MHJ for Fields?

Going to guess that the Bears will go for another QB. QB's in the draft seem to be pretty much a crap-shoot these days. Since 2000 - the ratio of Highly Successful QB's drafted at or near the top of the NFL Draft is not great when compared to the guys who ended up not working out or being busts......

QB's who seem to have been worth the high Pick:
Burrow - #1 Overall
Tua - #5 Overall
Herbert - #6 Overall
Eli Manning - #1
Rivers - #4
Matt Ryan - #3

QB's near the top who never came close (or have not to date) fulfilled their high pick promise:
JaMarcus Russell - #1 Overall
Mitch Trubisky - #2
David Carr - #1
Sam Bradford - #1
Vince Young - #3
Jameis Winston - #1
Mariota - #2
Mark Sanches - #5
Kyler Murray - #1
Daniel Jones - #6
Blake Borles - #3
Zach Wilson - #2
Trey Lance #3
Carson Wentz - #2
Baker Mayfield - #1
Sam Darnold - #2
RG3 - #2

Meanwhile some solid (and even great!) NFL Starters have come from pick #10 and in further rounds:
Mahomes - #10 Overall
Rothlesberger - #11
Hurts - 3rd Round
Dak Prescott - 4th Round
Purdy - 7th Round
Derek Carr - 2nd Round
Jimmy Garappolo - 2nd Round
Drew Brees - 2nd Round
Russell Wilson - 3rd Round
Cousins - 4th Round
Tannehill - 8th Pick (3rd QB Picked in that draft)
Rodgers - #24 Overall
Josh Allen - #7 (3rd QB Picked behind Mayfield & Darnold)
Lamar Jackson - #32 Overall
Geno Smith - 2nd Round
Sam Howell - 5th Round

Finally - some QB's picked at or near the top who had good/very good NFL Careers but questionable if they were worth the top pick status
Lawrence - #1 Overall - still a TBD to get to the list above.
Goff - #1 Overall
Cam Newton #1
Carson Palmer - #1
Vick - #1
Andrew Luck - #1
Alex Smith - #1

Reactions: Postman_1
Time for the 1st mock draft simulator. I'm not giving up on Jones but I'm hedging my bets. And #2 gives you huge trade potential. And you can keep trading down. Here's what I came up with, starting with a trade with Houston for #2 that gets a massive haul.

24. Amarius Mims OT Georgia
36. Cooper Beebe OG Kansas St.
54 Maason Smith DT LSU
64. Jayden Daniels QB LSU
85. Ja'Lynn Pok WR Washington
96 T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas
98. Ben Sinnott TE Kansas ST.
132. Smael Mondon LB Georgia

'25 Hou 1st
'25 Phil 3rd
'25 Ind 3rd
'25 Pit 4th
'25 Phil 4th
'25 NYJ 6th

Reactions: Morrischiano
Divito sacked 5 times in the 1st qtr. He might hold the ball than Tom Brady but there's still no excuse. Anyone who thinks OL isn't top priority for free agency or the draft is kidding themselves.

D turned Wash twice in the 1st so Giants are up 7-3.

They own the Redskins, I’d rather them own philthadelphia though

Divito sacked 5 times in the 1st qtr. He might hold the ball than Tom Brady but there's still no excuse. Anyone who thinks OL isn't top priority for free agency or the draft is kidding themselves.

D turned Wash twice in the 1st so Giants are up 7-3.
Odd game in that he was sacked 9 times, yet had a ton of time on most passing plays.

Should be noted Wash did just trade away 2 of their best pass rushers.

Congrats Giants fans on Tommy DeVito. And f--k Chris Ash. Where's the 2017 QB he prioritized playing these days?

Kayvon Thibodeaux with 10.5 sacks - a NYG hasn't done that in a long time.

New QBs without a lot of game film can look great the first weeks

Giants can’t even tank properly. At least a bunch of people in my knockout pool had Washington today. Over 200 down to less than 10, let’s goooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT