ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 Melody Reunion @ Elks Lodge Sat 2/17

I thought we were losing the Elks Lodge to new development? Not yet, I guess?

Looks like we may need a weather forecast from Numbers..
Could be an inch or two of snow in the morning, maybe changing to rain, but precip should be over by noon and any snow will likely be gone by late afternoon (and absolutely not on any paved surfaces), so no impact to the event. It'll be a little nippy with highs in the upper 30s, but dry for the afternoon and the event and it'll cool off into the upper 20s by midnight. Perfect weather.

We'll be there the entire event, like we have been every year so far - probably our favorite night of the year drinking, dancing and hanging with old friends. It's a blast if you ever went back in the day and liked the "Pinfield Era" music, i.e., alternative/punk from the late 70s through 1992. Let me know if you go...

Reactions: BossNJ
Could be an inch or two of snow in the morning, maybe changing to rain, but precip should be over by noon and any snow will likely be gone by late afternoon (and absolutely not on any paved surfaces), so no impact to the event. It'll be a little nippy with highs in the upper 30s, but dry for the afternoon and the event and it'll cool off into the upper 20s by midnight. Perfect weather.

We'll be there the entire event, like we have been every year so far - probably our favorite night of the year drinking, dancing and hanging with old friends. It's a blast if you ever went back in the day and liked the "Pinfield Era" music, i.e., alternative/punk from the late 70s through 1992. Let me know if you go...
Me and my old roommate will be there. We were fixtures at that place in the 80’s/early 90’s. It was a refreshing change from the milquetoast frat-boy bars on college avenue. Lots of great characters frequented. The music and scene was unmatched in NB at that time.

I think it was Tuesday nights that Pinfield used to DJ. Fun times, pre-social media, TG..

Last edited:
Me and my old roommate will be there. We were fixtures at that place in the 80’s/early 90’s. It was a refreshing change from the milquetoast frat-boy bars on college avenue. Lots of great characters frequented. The music and scene was unmatched in NB at that time.

I think it was Tuesday nights that Pinfield used to DJ. Fun times, pre-social media, TG..
Cool - that's my pic from a few years back at a reunion, so say hello (I'm 6'2" and will be dancing with my pipsqueak 5' tall wife). Agree with the rest, except Matt was usually Weds/Fri/Sun...

Cool - that's my pic from a few years back at a reunion, so say hello (I'm 6'2" and will be dancing with my pipsqueak 5' tall wife). Agree with the rest, except Matt was usually Weds/Fri/Sun...
lol, it was a long time ago.. must’ve meant Wed or Sunday. Knew it was an off night..

Reactions: RU848789
The melody…🤦🏻‍♂️ I remember my roomie falling for a drag queen/tranny there…it was fun helping him realize “she” had a penis…😆🤭

• Haha
dancing-men-trio.gif

Reactions: RocktheRac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT