ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

In his pregame interview, Mendoza confirmed that Dedniel Nunez is out for the season.

Pablo Reyes has cleared waivers and has reported to Syracuse. Since he never left the organization, he is still postseason eligible. Whereas Eddy Alvarez is not.
Damn. I was hoping that Nunez could make it back because he was rock solid this season.

In his pregame interview, Mendoza confirmed that Dedniel Nunez is out for the season.

Pablo Reyes has cleared waivers and has reported to Syracuse. Since he never left the organization, he is still postseason eligible. Whereas Eddy Alvarez is not.
One other update: Paul Blackburn is not expected to pitch in the next 7-10 days, and is considered week-to-week. My guess is he's done for the season, and was unlikely to make the postseason roster (if there is one) anyway.

Blackburn injury means 2-3 more starts of Megill in these remaining 15 games until Senga returns.

Nunez injury sucks. He was reliable and earned trust of Mendoza. Now Butto / Maton / Garrett / Stanek hopefully can fill the role.

Above injuries are not headlining to the average fan but significantly hurts depth and defined roles during a playoff push.

Last edited:
Supposedly fine to good defensively. No power. Don't expect much from the bat at all but he does have good contact numbers even though they don't translate to good numbers overall.

Supposedly fine to good defensively. No power. Don't expect much from the bat at all but he does have good contact numbers even though they don't translate to good numbers overall.
his biggest issue seems to not have a good eye at the plate. First year at AAA and pretty much everything is decent to good except his OBP and OPS. If he is going to just be used to backup 2nd/SS- I wouldn't mind seeing what he may have. And if a guy like Martinez gets on late with less than 2 outs and a close game- get his speed on the bases

One thing mentioned about Acuna’s minor league results seems that he hits a lot of balls on the ground.

his biggest issue seems to not have a good eye at the plate. First year at AAA and pretty much everything is decent to good except his OBP and OPS. If he is going to just be used to backup 2nd/SS- I wouldn't mind seeing what he may have. And if a guy like Martinez gets on late with less than 2 outs and a close game- get his speed on the bases
He had a strong year in rookie ball about 5 years ago and since then everything has been mediocre, plus or minus (this year, a minus).

When you can make it 7-0 or more you need to.
Had plenty of ad on chances and couldn’t get the knockout punch like last night. Vs good team but a bad loss when you have to have em all

Reactions: Mr Magoo
When you can make it 7-0 or more you need to.
Had plenty of ad on chances and couldn’t get the knockout punch like last night. Vs good team but a bad loss when you have to have em all
Yup. 4-0 lead and many chances to add on. Stupid stuff like Iglesias taking his foot off the base, Alvarez swinging at the first pitch with the bases loaded when the starter was walking everyone, Acura with a leadoff single and an immediate double play, but the worst was walking the guy in front of Harper and then letting Harper beat you again.

John Harper did not seem too optimistic that Lindor will play tomorrow.

Lindor, on the other hand, seemed more upbeat about playing tomorrow.

• Sad
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Big moments in big games. Some guys can come thru, others will foId. If im the manager and the pitching coach I want to talk to Diaz and Alvarez about that 0-2 pitch to Realmuto. As well as paying no attention to the runner on 1st to allow a slow runner to steal his way into scoring position.

Shame that a terrific outing by Peterson went to waste.

Shame Diaz can’t be lockdown

Shame no one on Mets stepping up in Lindor absence as Alonso / Nimmo etc and other veterans are not taking the mantle.

Where is a Daniel Murphy clone when you need him?

1 run in last 15 innings in Philly of all places is abysmal

Not optimistic of Lindor returning any time soon. MRI to be conducted. I’m not expecting good news. Typical Mets medical misdiagnosis and negligence which is unfortunately too typical and common.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Shame that a terrific outing by Peterson went to waste.

Shame Diaz can’t be lockdown

Shame no one on Mets stepping up in Lindor absence as Alonso / Nimmo etc and other veterans are not taking the mantle.

Where is a Daniel Murphy clone when you need him?

1 run in last 15 innings in Philly of all places is abysmal

Not optimistic of Lindor returning any time soon. MRI to be conducted. I’m not expecting good news. Typical Mets medical misdiagnosis and negligence which is unfortunately too typical and common.
You reminded me of a forgettable one-hit wonder of the 60's, the Magic Lanterns!

Reactions: Knight Shift
You reminded me of a forgettable one-hit wonder of the 60's, the Magic Lanterns!
I’m a big music fan and I can honestly say that I am not familiar with that song. Lol.

Talking about music and Mets connection , the career of Jay Black was invigorated with the Mets PR campaign in early 80s with the classic “ This Magic Moment”

I also remember having an album after the 69 WS of the Mets singing songs etc.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT