ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Whew ! My heart was pounding !

Glad Marte redeemed himself. He was patient at plate in 10th unlike in the 8th inning

Question: who would have played 3b had Mets not scored in 10th?

My guess : Bader.

Whew ! My heart was pounding !

Glad Marte redeemed himself. He was patient at plate in 10th unlike in the 8th inning

Question: who would have played 3b had Mets not scored in 10th?

My guess : Bader.
I am guessing Torrens. I assume Mendoza will tell us.

Uh, we weren’t hitting, had Taylor on 3rd with two outs and Iglesias got an infield single. Then Diaz almost did his usual throw away the game thing. Then we finally executed properly in both sides o the tenth.
I look at it as we finally started to play a little bit. And the infield single was ticketed for CF if not for a stab by the pitcher that enabled him to knock it down.

Braves lose. 2-1 Dbacks over Rockies in Bottom of 6th.
Mets are 6-4 in their last 10 games
Braves are 5-5
Dbacks are 5-5

Mets are 26-16 in 1 run games. Braves are 16-22. Dbacks are 26-18

All fanbases are hyperfocused on their own woes. If the other teams can suck more than the Mets than we are in!! Not the best recipe for the wild card, but better than nothing. Keep winning.
Even the 2 Philly loses. We had both of them. It wasn’t like they “showed” us.

Huge win. Ugly offense to start.

12 games to go, 1 up for wild card spot. What does it take? 8-4? Does 7-5 do it? Does it need to be 9 wins or more?

Reactions: Knight Shift
Huge win. Ugly offense to start.

12 games to go, 1 up for wild card spot. What does it take? 8-4? Does 7-5 do it? Does it need to be 9 wins or more?
7-5 does it as long as two of the seven wins are against the Braves.

Under that scenario, we finish 89-73 with the tiebreaker in our pocket. Which means Atlanta has to finish 90-72 to beat us. So they'd have to go 9-3. But since we are assuming we win the Atlanta series 2-1, that means they'd have to go 8-1 in their remaining games. Not happening.

Sean Manaea now has a seven game streak in which he has gone at least 6.2 innings.

Below is a complete list of MLB pitchers who have accomplished that feat this year:

Sean Manaea

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Colorado Rockies Baseball GIF by UCHealth

Diaz probably unavailable tonight given he pitched last 2 games. Thus closing duties , if applicable, probably goes to Butto or Garrett tonight. Thinking Butto.

Megill pitching tonight so hopefully he pitches well

Hopefully Mets bats awake guven the walk off last night

Don’t know how others feel but I hate playing teams like the Nats - teams that are out of it - as they play so loosely / care free in these pennant races.

Hopefully Lindor feeling better !

Diaz probably unavailable tonight given he pitched last 2 games. Thus closing duties , if applicable, probably goes to Butto or Garrett tonight. Thinking Butto.

Don’t know how others feel but I hate playing teams like the Nats - teams that are out of it - as they play so loosely / care free in these pennant races.

Megill has got to give us six good ones tonight. IF Garrett and Butto feel they can pitch back to back then you pitch them an inning each- and Maton should be available. The youngs have been pitching poorly so nothing high leverage for them. What’s up with ottavino?

You’ve got to sit Lindor through the next two games and hope he can come and Thursday or Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT