ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Padres end season at LA 3 at Arizona 3

Dbacks end season home SF 3 and Padres 3

Braves end season home Mets 3 KC 3

Mets end season at Braves 3 and brewers 3

Last edited:
I doubt Iglesias returns. Somebody will make him a priority, and I don't think the Mets will, given their roster construction.
He was also out of baseball for a full season and now having a career year at age 34 which you generally don't see. Let's ride the magic carpet but who knows what kind of player he will be next year.

Reactions: knightinaz
Mets fans should want the third spot... Arizona's rotation trending down and Padres trending way up. Both teams have really been hitting for past month but I would be more afraid of Padres lineup in a series.
I do want the 3rd spot, but beggars cant be choosers

Reactions: toby83
Lindor is starting SS next year. Will be interesting to see what happens with Iglesias, Acuna, Mauricio, McNeil, Vientos... that's 5 players for essentially 2 spots, 2nd and 3rd. Assume Vientos is the every day 3B, then you've got Mauricio, Acuna, Mcniel and Iglesias all eyeing up the 2B position on opening day next year.
McNeil stays because he's signed and he can play OF as well... curious about the others
As Doc said, Iglesias likely isn't coming back. Acuna, Mauricio, and McNeil can play in the outfield too. That makes it easier to keep them. Also, Acuna doesn't have to start the season with Mets. Mauricio could be worked back slowly, so there is no rush to have him start the season with the Mets. There are options with these players.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT