ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

Mets two up on Braves. Can they maintain that lead through the weekend, with the Braves in Miami for three?

If they can (a very big if)...

And if they can win the Braves series (another big if)...

Then it's clinched. Mets would be three up on the Braves with three to play, with tiebreaker in hand.

Hi. My name is Captain Obvious. This series against Philly is really important.

Regarding Acuna. Love his start but let’s see him stay strong. I’m not naming him a starter for next year yet.
But, if he is the real thing and can be a dynamic player for us, that changes this whole lineup. And I then feel keeping Alonso actually becomes more important.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
I would split but with a healthy Lindor- I actually think we are a better team at this time. I think we would have won at least one of those losses if Lindor was playing.

I would not sign up for a split !

We have the SP advantage or are at par with SP in 3 of the 4 games vs Phillies excluding Sunday night vs Wheeler.

We’re home and our bats are rolling!

Hopefully Lindor returns in one of the games to put the crowd in a frenzy!

I would not sign up for a split and thus go into Atlanta tied presuming they sweep the Marlins.

I want 3 of 4 at a minimum!

We’re in a playoff race and control our own destiny !

Go for it and get the sweep! Just like Nats series in 2015 when we acquired Cespedes !

Yours truly will be at tonight’s game as well !

Going through league stats- it is very clear what has turned around our pitching. For the year- we are very near the worst for walking batters(3rd worst) . But over the past 30 days, the pitching has been 10th best and the last 2 weeks - 6th best

and over the past month- our 5 starter's ERA's range from 1.69(Megill) - 3.07(Seve)

Going through league stats- it is very clear what has turned around our pitching. For the year- we are very near the worst for walking batters(3rd worst) . But over the past 30 days, the pitching has been 10th best and the last 2 weeks - 6th best

and over the past month- our 5 starter's ERA's range from 1.69(Megill) - 3.07(Seve)
We also have starting pitchers going more than 5 innings which has helped keep the bullpen fresher.

We also have starting pitchers going more than 5 innings which has helped keep the bullpen fresher.
Megill is the only one averaging just slightly over 5 innings - the other guys are going over 6 and pushing 7. That is huge

I would not sign up for a split !

We have the SP advantage or are at par with SP in 3 of the 4 games vs Phillies excluding Sunday night vs Wheeler.

We’re home and our bats are rolling!

Hopefully Lindor returns in one of the games to put the crowd in a frenzy!

I would not sign up for a split and thus go into Atlanta tied presuming they sweep the Marlins.

I want 3 of 4 at a minimum!

We’re in a playoff race and control our own destiny !

Go for it and get the sweep! Just like Nats series in 2015 when we acquired Cespedes !

Yours truly will be at tonight’s game as well !
My gut tells me the Braves won't be able to sweep the Marlins. They've actually been very up and down of late. Only 5-5 in their last 10.

Regarding Acuna. Love his start but let’s see him stay strong. I’m not naming him a starter for next year yet.
But, if he is the real thing and can be a dynamic player for us, that changes this whole lineup. And I then feel keeping Alonso actually becomes more important.
imagine if Baty figures things out too and Mauricio rehabs well.

so much young hitting talent between Acuna, Vientos, Alvarez, Mauricio, Baty and all of them can hit for power too.

My gut tells me the Braves won't be able to sweep the Marlins. They've actually been very up and down of late. Only 5-5 in their last 10.
Anyone thinking of Senga’s possible impact ? Supposedly gonna return on the 25th

Anyone thinking of Senga’s possible impact ? Supposedly gonna return on the 25th
I am not, because Senga's impact will be minimal at best.

Senga is ELIGIBLE to come off the IL on the 25th. Who knows if he will. Here's what we do know:

* The plan is for Senga to pitch in Syracuse this weekend. Probably just one inning.

* If all goes well, the plan is to activate Senga on the 25th or thereafter, and use him as an opener. He will likely pitch two innings at most. And that will be it for the regular season.

Hopefully his two innings will be impactful, in a positive sense.

Lindor out for the opener against the Phillies. Let’s see if he does any baseball activities pre game tonight. I’m okay with it - Acuña has provided a spark and Iglesias is still doing his thing. Let’s pounce on Walker early and see if he can come back tomorrow r Saturday

I am not, because Senga's impact will be minimal at best.

Senga is ELIGIBLE to come off the IL on the 25th. Who knows if he will. Here's what we do know:

* The plan is for Senga to pitch in Syracuse this weekend. Probably just one inning.

* If all goes well, the plan is to activate Senga on the 25th or thereafter, and use him as an opener. He will likely pitch two innings at most. And that will be it for the regular season.

Hopefully his two innings will be impactful, in a positive sense.
Thanks for the detail. Hypothetically Senga looks good in brief action and the Mets make the Wild Csrd. Is he a WC starter ? The way the staff is throwing now, no chance right

Thanks for the detail. Hypothetically Senga looks good in brief action and the Mets make the Wild Csrd. Is he a WC starter ? The way the staff is throwing now, no chance right
I don’t see anything more than a 2 inning middle inning emergency relief in the WC round…should such a thing matter

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Well, it isn't like the Braves are going to lose every game going to the end of the year.

You know what is crazy - Our record would only be 1/2 game out of Balt...

If you are looking for the Mets game in the NYC TV market tonight, it will be like a return to the old days. The game is on WWOR channel 9.

It is a Fox broadcast. However, the local Fox outlet Channel 5 is carrying the Jets game.

If you are looking for the Mets game in the NYC TV market tonight, it will be like a return to the old days. The game is on WWOR channel 9.

It is a Fox broadcast. However, the local Fox outlet Channel 5 is carrying the Jets game.
and I am sure it will be blacked out for local markets

Think we can put the MVP vote to bed with the Lindor injury and now this
Unfortunately, you are probably correct. 50 hrs and 50 sbs and a probable division championship will be too much to overcome…even if he doesn’t play in the field.

Reactions: FrankZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT