ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

A couple of updates from Mendoza's pregame presser:

1) Senga is scheduled to pitch an inning or two for Syracuse tomorrow. If all goes well, he may be activated for the Brewers series next Friday. Unlikely that they'll do so for the Braves series.

2) Lindor is resuming baseball activities (whatever that means) today. If all goes well, he may be available tomorrow.
Even if he feels good after, I’d still wait until
Sunday to play him.

Why can’t Alvarez DH ???

Live look ins all night on mlb net

What a fu—-ing joke all these teams in playoff battles NOT on tv.
Baltimore and Detroit also on Apple TV

waving miami marlins GIF by MLB

Brewers swept the Dbacks last week in Arizona. Now they go home and can't win a game against the same team? I guess now that clinched the division they've lost their edge. Hope they lay down the same way against us next weekend.

21 year old OF Nick Morabito, who split the 2024 season between low-A and high-A, was named the Mets Organizational Player of the Year. He is only the 19th rated prospect, although I suspect his ranking will improve next year

Not surprisingly, Brandon Sproat was named Pitcher of the Year.

What’s the latest with Lindor?

From the article in Fridays Post and an interview with him today - he still appears not ready to play yet.

Apparently he received a Cortisone shot today.

We can always count on Willis to try and bring us down!!

From my experience on this board, you don't need Willis. The "us" will come down and come down hard all on its own. All it takes is for things to go badly for a while, even a short while. It's hard to think of anyone on this team that didn't stink or suck according to "us" this year, with Martinez the latest victim. Acuna will get "ussed" soon enough.
Less than 12 hours later, players and coaches get "ussed.” Mendoza, "ussed." Made a bad lineup. Pete, "ussed." Mets should get rid of him. Martinez "ussed." Get rid of him too. Otto, re-"ussed." Get rid of him already.

Expect much more from "us" if the Mets lose today.

Last edited:
You guys should be rooting for KC not to clinch a spot yet.
They play in Atlanta after the Mets leave town.
Lugo and Ragans would pitch the last two games if needed.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT