ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

It was a shame that the Brewers couldn't hold a two run lead in the 10th. D-backs walk it off 11-10. Mets now trail Padres by 2.5 and D-backs by 2. Braves playing the Sunday nighter in which they lead 2-0 after four.

It was a shame that the Brewers couldn't hold a two run lead in the 10th. D-backs walk it off 11-10. Mets now trail Padres by 2.5 and D-backs by 2. Braves playing the Sunday nighter in which they lead 2-0 after four.
The Mets got us to football season and made it interesting. But too much going wrong lately unfortunately.

The Mets got us to football season and made it interesting. But too much going wrong lately unfortunately.
Two games is too much? They were 16-7 prior to the series with the Phillies. They won 2/3 from the Orioles, split 2/4 with the Padres, won 2/3 from Dbacks, swept the Red Sox and White Sox, and win 1/3 with Phillies, losing two close games. IDK, I see this as too much going right.

Kelenic helping out with an error in LF
Dbacks have 4 more against the Brewers, who just won 2/3 from Dbacks and 3 against San Diego.
Braves have the "easiest" path on paper.
Mets have a juggernaut with 4 more against Phillies, 3 with Brewers, and 3 with Braves and 3 with Washington. Mets are 8-2 vs. Nats this season.

None of the above means anything. Need to win. Duh.

Mets and Braves even with seven to play before they go mano a mano.

Mets: 3 vs. Nats, 4 vs. Phillies
Braves: 1 vs. Dodgers, 3 @ Reds, 3 @ Marlins.

At worst, Mets must be no more than one game behind the Braves going into that series. One game can be made up. Anything more will be very tough.

Reactions: Knight Shift

At worst, Mets must be no more than one game behind the Braves going into that series. One game can be made up. Anything more will be very tough.
FWIW- Braves are 0-3 against Cincinnati this year, and 7-3 against Miami. I think Braves are 7-6 vs. Mets this season.

Hope the Reds do just as well at home as they did in their recent series at Truist Park where I think they took 2 of 3.

I agree on where Mets need to be a week from now vs Braves.

For the upcoming series, Mets must sweep Nats. There is no more margin of error in losing games given remaining strength of schedules with Braves and given lead of Padres and DBacks

I’m concerned about ability to sweep Nats without Lindor and seeing current state of Mets bats which go hot / cold too often and currently being cold.

Stay tuned on Lindor MRI tomorrow

Lindor out not surprising and glad they dropped Vientos. We are lucky we came out of the weekend still tied - must sweep nationals and at least split with the Phillies.
The way we lost those games to Philly sucks- I think it pretty much showed that in this last 3/4 of the season- we really are on par with them. Lindor could easily be the difference in at least one of the 2 losses.

Lindor MRI showed no structural damage and he is not going to the IL, at least not now. He expects to miss the Nats series but hopes to be back for Philly. So we'll see.

NL is pretty wide open, Dodgers are not as scary without Glasnow, Buehler just coming back and is no lock to have same stuff for playoffs, Bobby Miller a mess, and Flaherty is not an ace. Not to mention freddie Freeman is not the same guy.

Padres a nice WS long shot if betting, +1600

NL is pretty wide open, Dodgers are not as scary without Glasnow, Buehler just coming back and is no lock to have same stuff for playoffs, Bobby Miller a mess, and Flaherty is not an ace. Not to mention freddie Freeman is not the same guy.

Padres a nice WS long shot if betting, +1600
Both leagues are wide open with this being a season with no dominant team and a rare year where no team will win 100 games.

Reactions: toby83
Lindor MRI showed no structural damage and he is not going to the IL, at least not now. He expects to miss the Nats series but hopes to be back for Philly. So we'll see.
Reports said he ll be out 2-5 days however he’s out for whole Nats series. Thus earliest he can conceivably come back is Thursday - for which yours truly will be at the game.

Hopefully he’s back on Thursday but I’m not expecting it

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Pete losing some 💵💵💵💵

Needs a great 13 games to come close to getting anywhere near the cash he was originally looking for.

Holy 💩 is vientos slow to first
Snail GIF by MotoGP™

Vientos was shockingly slow. I couldn’t believe it was even a close play let alone an out. This offense is looking painfully similar to the first 6 weeks of the season.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Mets are allergic to scoring again. Going into 6th inning - 1 run in last 20 innings.

Too many extreme hot and cold stretches with this team.

Unfortunately we’re experiencing a cold spell again at the worst possible time

Our best hope is that someone might catch one and hit a home run. When you have veteran hitters like Martinez disappearing when the season hits crunch time what else can you hope for? It's amazing. The script is the same for every game. A quality start by our pitcher and little to nothing in support of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT