ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Glad the Heimlich worked today !

Need to do another Heimlich tomorrow to puke out the demons in Atlanta !

Should the Mets have to use both Severino and Megill tomorrow and do make the playoffs - who starts game 1 of wild card round?
That is a very good question. There are three options:

1) Start Manaea on three days rest - which I don't know he has ever done before.

2) Add a Syracuse pitcher to the wild card roster and give him the start. My understanding is that after the AAA season ended last Sunday, the Mets sent a few pitchers to the Port St Lucie complex to keep working out, just in case.

3) Make it a bullpen game - assuming that after tomorrow's DH, they have any bullpen left.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
They pitch Sale in game 2. They hope to win game 1 without him and then rest him until the playoffs. We don't have a dominant ace so it doesn't matter if Severino starts game 1.

That is a very good question. There are three options:

1) Start Manaea on three days rest - which I don't know he has ever done before.

2) Add a Syracuse pitcher to the wild card roster and give him the start. My understanding is that after the AAA season ended last Sunday, the Mets sent a few pitchers to the Port St Lucie complex to keep working out, just in case.

3) Make it a bullpen game - assuming that after tomorrow's DH, they have any bullpen left.
If Sproat is available , I wonder whether that’s too much of an ask.

If so, I actually feel it gives the Mets an advantage given both the Padres or Brewers have never seen him.

Shame Senga and or Scott or even Blackburn are not available.

If Sproat is available , I wonder whether that’s too much of an ask.

If so, I actually feel it gives the Mets an advantage given both the Padres or Brewers have never seen him.

Shame Senga and or Scott or even Blackburn are not available.
I THINK (could be wrong) that the call up would have to be somebody on the 40 man, which Sproat is not.

I believe there is an exception such that you can call up a non-40 man roster player if you are replacing an injured player. Maybe Ottavino comes up with an injury all of a sudden.

That means the
mets won't face sale tomorrow unless they've already clinched. So in the end, the raiouts led to a situation where the Mets won't face Sale in a game that really matters...to them. I think that is a win in itself

Last edited:
That means the
mets won't face sale tomorrow unless they've already clinched. So in the end, the raiouts led to a situation where the Mets won't face Sale in a game that really matters...to them. I think that is a win in itself
Or Fried… I believe they were originally scheduled to face both of them

If the Mets split tomorrow, then they are the 6 seed and return to Milwaukee, where they will play at 5:30 Eastern time on Tuesday.

If the Mets sweep tomorrow, then they are the 5 seed and go to San Diego, where they will play at 8:30 Eastern time on Tuesday.

If the Mets get swept tomorrow, then @Tango Two will immediately open the off-season thread, and we shall speak of 2024 no further!

If the Mets split tomorrow, then they are the 6 seed and return to Milwaukee, where they will play at 5:30 Eastern time on Tuesday.

If the Mets sweep tomorrow, then they are the 5 seed and go to San Diego, where they will play at 8:30 Eastern time on Tuesday.

If the Mets get swept tomorrow, then @Tango Two will immediately open the off-season thread, and we shall speak of 2024 no further!

If they get swept tomorrow I’m going to be so so so bummed.
If there’s any team it can happen against, It’s the Braves.

If they get swept tomorrow I’m going to be so so so bummed.
If there’s any team it can happen against, It’s the Braves.
We are not getting swept!

The Heimlich once again will be performed in Atlanta to ensure a win in one of the games !

Yes, I sincerely prefer to win the first game tomorrow to ease stress and anxiety etc throughout the day !

Let’s Go Mets !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT