The NY Mets begin league championship play like today

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Senga Wasn’t part of the run
Killing game one
Can’t let him be reason you lose
Awful start

Have em right where we want em

LGM

It was clearly louder for the Mets video, no doubt. I can see only 2 real story lines the media will play on at the start of both these series and the #1 by far will be a possible Ohtani vs Judge matchup which the nation wants to see. The other no one is talking about is a possible Lindor returning to Cleveland as a NY Mets star. PS. It's crazy how much more tickets were going for the Mets in the NLDS online than the Yankees ALDS tickets were. Remains to be seen if that'll be the case in the NLCS vs ALCS tickets.
MLB is going to do everything in its power to make sure Ohtani makes it to the World Series.

Mets wide open for 20/20 …second guessing… told yah so

Manaea on regular rest after dominating Phillies or hoping for 2-3 innings from Senga

Long way to go , win this game tonight , schedule the parade time and route

Reactions: tico brown
Mets look hung over from Phillies celebration ! Ugh.

I’d try Bader in CF tomorrow. Can’t remember last time Taylor got a hit.

I’d also start Peterson in game 5. Senga way too of a risk.

Winker had it

Maybe look at 3rd base coach who would be waving you to 3rd
Or you committed to 3rd just go full blast to 3rd
I think what happened is: Winker's instincts (correctly) told him he could make it to third. Then his brain intervened and told him play it safe, hold up at second - never thinking that they'd throw behind him.

Not an excuse, but an explanation.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Don't even mention a hit and run.
Does anyone ever hit and run anymore? Is the term still in the baseball vocabulary?

I think that with the rule changes favoring the base stealer, the hit and run doesn't make statistical sense anymore. You want the base? Just take it. No need for the batter to protect the runner.

Let's see if we can at least build some sort of momentum towards tomorrow. But if we don't keep those bottom of the order guys off base in front of Ohtani it's gonna be a tough go. Phillies had no one like him. Hell nobody does.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
The Senga start was so unnecessary. Dude has pitched 7 innings since March. Biggest game of the season to date. Why on earth start him when rotation has been great and is rested?!

Here is my rationale:

In the postseason, you have two objectives. The immediate objective is to win today's game. The longer term objective is to win the World Series.

In managing the pitching staff, these objectives can come into conflict. I think they do here.

You can make the case that the Mets best chance to win tonight was by starting someone other than Senga. But I believe that the Mets best chance to win the whole F'n thing (as Jake Taylor would say) is with a stretched out, in form Senga leading the rotation.

So you make your choice. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.

Here is my rationale:

In the postseason, you have two objectives. The immediate objective is to win today's game. The longer term objective is to win the World Series.

In managing the pitching staff, these objectives can come into conflict. I think they do here.

You can make the case that the Mets best chance to win tonight was by starting someone other than Senga. But I believe that the Mets best chance to win the whole F'n thing (as Jake Taylor would say) is with a stretched out, in form Senga leading the rotation.

So you make your choice. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.
Disagree. He’d have 2-3 starts left max the rest of the postseason. Now is not the time to stretch out a pitcher. Start sev or manaea today. Regular rest. For the record I didn’t like the idea before the game started. Actual results aside I disagreed with it from the start

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT