ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

3 walks and 2 errors. Absolute disaster. Remember this inning when we’re watching yanks dodgers next week

Admittedly I watch very little baseball, but I don't understand why there is literally no attempt to hold runners on base. Allowing two Dodgers to get in scoring position in the 8th and then for the Dodgers to allow Alonso to get a running start to second while the pitcher still has the ball seems crazy to me. Is it the pitch clock? I assume there limits on how many times you can throw over but that did not seem to be the issue.

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by New York Mets

Admittedly I watch very little baseball, but I don't understand why there is literally no attempt to hold runners on base. Allowing two Dodgers to get in scoring position in the 8th and then for the Dodgers to allow Alonso to get a running start to second while the pitcher still has the ball seems crazy to me. Is it the pitch clock? I assume there limits on how many times you can throw over but that did not seem to be the issue.
Because if he gets the batter , those guys moving up mean nothing.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Mets need to lock up Vientos and Alvarez in the off-season just as Braves do with their young stars !
I would make sure Lindor is here for the next 5 years or so too...lol

And yes, Vientos- this kid is a star in the making- Alvarez- I would lock him up- a bit shorter- and funny thing is- it is because of pitchers splits with him and not his bat...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT