ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Familia throws his un hittable split to Alex Gordon and not a quick pitch gopher ball
Duda makes throw home
We field a slow grounder in the 8th with the lead

Cespedes #52 jerseys would still be all over the stands in citi along with plenty of 2015 World Champion mets t shirts

I also think Collins should’ve told Harvey yes you’re in the 9th instead letting him get all worked up trying to convince Terry to let him start 9th

On the topic of Gold Glove - in their history, the Mets have had only 10 Gold Glove winners. They range from the obvious to the obscure. How many can you name?
hmmm... Gary Carter? Keith Hernandez? (yeah, I'm old)

Looked it up.. correct on Hernandez.. many times winner.. wrong on Carter.. should have known knowing other catchers in same era..

There is a 69 Met I guessed but eliminated from consideration and another I did not consider, but should have (to make it clear, they did not win in 1969.. but were on the team and later won gold gloves)

Last edited:
Good discussion. Getting two of the next 3 and closing it out in game 6 works for me.

Replacing Iglesias and Alvarez with McNeil and Torrenz for one game would have been OK with me. Looks like it's not happening today.
would love to see Jeff in there but since Alvarez really does work the staff so well with the off day yesterday- Would rather see what happens tonight. If we win - I let Torrens go on game 5 if we plan to do a Senga Bullpen game

Celebrate Ny Mets GIF by New York Mets

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
would love to see Jeff in there but since Alvarez really does work the staff so well with the off day yesterday- Would rather see what happens tonight. If we win - I let Torrens go on game 5 if we plan to do a Senga Bullpen game
Yeah if Torrens doesn’t start Game 5 with the day game after 2 night, he won’t. Hopefully Alvarez can find it fast at the plate.

Needed this Nimmo injury like a hole in the head.

Better eat lots of pitches - Buehler looks good outside of the pitch way out wide. 19 thru 1.

hmmm... Gary Carter? Keith Hernandez? (yeah, I'm old)

Looked it up.. correct on Hernandez.. many times winner.. wrong on Carter.. should have known knowing other catchers in same era..

There is a 69 Met I guessed but eliminated from consideration and another I did not consider, but should have (to make it clear, they did not win in 1969.. but were on the team and later won gold gloves)
Darling won some. So did Wright. Probably Ordonez. Harrelson may have gotten one or two. Agee? Ventura? Not sure of other guesses.

Darling won some. So did Wright. Probably Ordonez. Harrelson may have gotten one or two. Agee? Ventura? Not sure of other guesses.
That disappointing inning out of the way... You went six for six! Hernandez of course makes seven.

The other three Gold Glovers are:

* The most recent GG winner.
* A very famous Met, fairly recent
* An obscure Met from the dark ages, best known for a trade he was involved in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT