ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

ICYMI - Dodgers are without Alex Vesia, their best lefty reliever. He was injured in their game on Friday and was left off the active roster. That could be very big going into their bullpen game today.

that sux- I had PF in both feet for a couple of years and there is nothing more painful. I had it in both arches and heels. If his is just in the heel - it is a heck of a lot easier. it is just pain- if it is the arch- oh man...
It's awful and not a ton that you can do for it. The stretching exercises work a little, but generally time is what heals it. If it's really bad for him, imagine trying to hit major league pitching on one foot.

Senga was off, no doubt, but that's not why we lost.

We didn't hit, and the guy who shut us down was relatively ineffective in his last playoff start.

The Dodgers aren't the Phillies. Their hitters don't chase out of the zone near as much as the Phillies did. Unfortunately, the Mets can be prone to chasing.

Finally, three days off. Time off is more often than not a negative for a baseball team in the playoffs, particularly a suddenly hot team like the Mets. The Phillies will tell you about what time off did for them.

It's awful and not a ton that you can do for it. The stretching exercises work a little, but generally time is what heals it. If it's really bad for him, imagine trying to hit major league pitching on one foot.
I will say- I would have loved to have the resources he will have available to him. And yeah- stretches and a tennis ball roll under the arch helps but that is long term. Those overnight things suck and inserts are difficult unless you buy different shoes as well- at least, that shouldnt be an issue.

Would have preferred to see Bader in CF.

Can’t remember last time Taylor got a hit.

He’s hitting about .100 in playoffs

My concern with Taylor is that he is a role player for a reason
Bader's a role player for a reason too, and Taylor's lifetime OPS is a bit higher than Bader's. But I agree with you. With Taylor having been ice cold (not that Bader's been hitting in his limited time), it might be worthwhile to see if Bader can get it going.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
I was hoping to maybe see McNeil get left with Nimmo sliding to CF. Try to get another left-handed bat in there. But I guess not with a bad foot. Neither CF option is a good one offensively. Definitely a position in need of an upgrade next season. That and C where Alvarez needs to hit more like he did as a rookie when he was a major home run threat.

Good luck in the NLCS guys. Mets looking good so far in game 2. Would love another Subway Series if both teams can get it done

Don’t mean to beat a dead horse , especially with Taylor’s RBI, but why not bunt with runners on first and second and no one out?

He really has struggled at the plate. He doesn’t even seem to have many good at bats. I know he got a hit last night but he needs to have a change in approach.
If so, that change in approach is going to have to come in February and March. For October, he is who he is.

Vientos has turned himself into a weapon at the plate by really taking to his coaching. Like hey you're a big, strong kid. You don't have to swing all out on every pitch. You don't need to try to muscle up all the time. Let the ball travel and use center-right center. My understanding is that Carlos Beltran played a big part in his development We can only hope that Alvarez also takes to coaching at some point because right now he is same swing all the time. He's gone from someone who was a middle of the order guy to now justifiably being a number 9 hitter.

Manaea at 73 pitches after 5. Can we get 7 innings out of him? Lindor and Vientos, so far both up for Mr. October fame. Long way to go though.

Didn’t add runs when they had multiple chances and now a potential disaster inning after 2 walks and an error. This team hates making it easy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT