ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

A client buddy just hooked it up with 2 tix to game 3 NLCS... pumped up to be in the stadium. 8pm start, trying to choose between my mets/baseball obsessed 7 year old, or my brother or buddy... not sure the 7 year old could last but it would be an awesome memory...

A client buddy just hooked it up with 2 tix to game 3 NLCS... pumped up to be in the stadium. 8pm start, trying to choose between my mets/baseball obsessed 7 year old, or my brother or buddy... not sure the 7 year old could last but it would be an awesome memory...
One man's opinion - take your brother. Your son is about a year too young for that environment.

I'm late to the party but here goes:

- Lindor....OMG
- Nimmo crying afterward. That will endear him to fans. He may be a lifelong Met.
- Pete should come back if you don't have to overpay. I think Soto stays in the Bronx.
- Mendoza makes a lot of head-scratching decisions that work out. But pulling Peterson for Diaz was absolutely the head scratchiest. I was so angry when it happened. Then when he walked the first two batters, I remembered I was an RU/Mets fan and this was not going to be my first or last nightmare. But then the dude found it and vanquished those next 3 hitters efficiently. Mendoza trumps LeapinLou yet again.

• Love
Reactions: Rutgers NJ

- Lindor....OMG
- Nimmo crying afterward. That will endear him to fans. He may be a lifelong Met.
- Pete should come back if you don't have to overpay. I think Soto stays in the Bronx.
- Mendoza makes a lot of head-scratching decisions that work out. But pulling Peterson for Diaz was absolutely the head scratchiest. I was so angry when it happened. Then when he walked the first two batters, I remembered I was an RU/Mets fan and this was not going to be my first or last nightmare. But then the dude found it and vanquished those next 3 hitters efficiently. Mendoza trumps LeapinLou yet again.
Re Nimmo. Wilmer Flores says hold my tears 😉

tumblr_nsa35uhuY31qgsza6o1_540.gif

7 y/o will be so pumped up- sorry, but no question- go for memories with you Son every single time

- Lindor....OMG
Lindor -OMG yes and I am one of the few that said it from day 1.
Nimmo- he also had a great locker room interview- old fashioned type player
Pete- Agree - Lindor is Captain but Pete is so important - just 1 swing can change anything at anytime
Mendoza- I was not sold on him but he goes gut so many times. love it.Diaz is going to by the closer at all times- it was his spot...BTW- Peterson- dude has just done it all year.

Family first, buddy should not be in the running vs. brother or son. And I agree with the son part. How cool could that be!
I have had the chance to bring my sons to a number of playoffs and WS games when a company I was with had box seats between home and visitor dugout. First row of tge 2nd section. So, only the aisle in front of us.
What sucked- it was for the Yankees during the Jeter years. Just glad they stayed Met fans. But such great memories.

• Haha
Big difference between Mendoza and Boone is even though Boone has been accused of living and dying with the binder Cashman gives him, he's NOT allowed to go by his gut. Mendoza has the same analytics information but Streans doesn't handcuff him to it. The fact Boone comes from a family tree of successful players and coaches, Cashman won't let him go on gut. So glad we have Stearns and Mendoza. LGM!

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Big difference between Mendoza and Boone is even though Boone has been accused of living and dying with the binder Cashman gives him, he's NOT allowed to go by his gut. Mendoza has the same analytics information but Streans doesn't handcuff him to it. The fact Boone comes from a family tree of successful players and coaches, Cashman won't let him go on gut. So glad we have Stearns and Mendoza. LGM!
Looks like the Mets made two good hires. Stearns made a lot of small moves throughout the year that resulted in a better team in the end.

One of the interesting decisions Mendosa made was batting Alonso cleanup in the last Brewer game. Throughout the day all the experts were saying move in down from 5th to 7th, 8th or take him out of the lineup completely. What does Mendosa do? He moves him up to 4th basically telling him now's your chance to deliver.

Looks like the Mets made two good hires. Stearns made a lot of small moves throughout the year that resulted in a better team in the end.
Yeah a lot of good signs throughout the year. Actively engaged and acting quickly as opposed to past years when you were left scratching your head on the inaction and ineptitude.

McNeil currently 1-3. Single, groundout, fly out. Should get at least one more AB.

EDIT: He finished 1-4 with a walk. Played all nine innings at 2B.

Last edited:
Just FYI - ALDS Game 5 has been moved from 8:00 to 1:00, due to expected rain in Cleveland tonight. Perhaps something to track during timeouts today.

Loved the ovation the Mets got today at the Rutgers game ! Was much louder than the Yankees !

Went to a restaurant at night and there were about 4-5 tables with People wearing a Mets shirt and/ or Mets hat - including myself !

I’m planning on being at games 3,4 and 5.

Hopefully I survive ! It’s exhausting ! 😂

It was clearly louder for the Mets video, no doubt. I can see only 2 real story lines the media will play on at the start of both these series and the #1 by far will be a possible Ohtani vs Judge matchup which the nation wants to see. The other no one is talking about is a possible Lindor returning to Cleveland as a NY Mets star. PS. It's crazy how much more tickets were going for the Mets in the NLDS online than the Yankees ALDS tickets were. Remains to be seen if that'll be the case in the NLCS vs ALCS tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT