ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

That is a fair point. The pendulum of the game is swinging back towards athleticism, and the Mets have precious little of that.
The Met's also have some very athletic and above average guys that can't do things like steal bases either. Nimmo and McNeil have above average speed but just can't steal a base.
Funny thing is- Alonso is one of the better runners on base than most 1B out there that are at his size.
Marte runs well and uses it, Lindor- not sure why he isn't a consistent 30-40 SB guy.

World baseball classic ruined his career

4 straight blown saves not excusing what rule book says isn’t a blown save

Blowing a 4 run lead is a blown save

Rule says has to be 3 runs or no save

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Diaz has in effect killed this season and last season with his injury.

Mets need to simply blow the ship up. To me it appears that the culture of this team sucks.

Everyone should be dealt or at least explored to be dealt except for Alvarez / Senga and the kids.

And why can’t this team / organization ever develop hitters ? It is so rare

Diaz has in effect killed this season and last season with his injury.

Mets need to simply blow the ship up. To me it appears that the culture of this team sucks.

Everyone should be dealt or at least explored to be dealt except for Alvarez / Senga and the kids.

And why can’t this team / organization ever develop hitters ? It is so rare
Nailed it. It’s a team full of losers. No life and appear that they don’t even give a shit..it’s been that way for several years now. McNeil, Alonso, Marte, etc have even sucked the life out of Nimmo who is now one of them. Meanwhile Lindor just bounces around with his goofy smile happy to be batting leadoff with his .190 average and monstrous contract.

Reactions: BigEastPhil

I get Lindor's logic, up to a point.

Hitters guess all the time. Lindor guessed that he would not be thrown a strike, because he had not given the pitcher a reason to throw him a strike. When you guess wrong, you can look bad.

What was inexplicable about this instance is that Lindor made no attempt to hide his intentions. If he had simply remained in his normal hitting stance, we wouldn't be discussing this now.

Just lose 4-3 because team got a big hit in the 7th

Every game they embarrass themselves , Nido airmails throw to third allowing run to score

Star Wars Sarah Loves Anything Harrison Ford GIF

Harrison ties it with a double

Narvaez 0-20 at home

1st hit is a walk off

Ny Mets Sport GIF by New York Mets

Reactions: RuBird
I get Lindor's logic, up to a point.

Hitters guess all the time. Lindor guessed that he would not be thrown a strike, because he had not given the pitcher a reason to throw him a strike. When you guess wrong, you can look bad.

What was inexplicable about this instance is that Lindor made no attempt to hide his intentions. If he had simply remained in his normal hitting stance, we wouldn't be discussing this now.
That approach is indefensible.

Good news/bad news.

Francisco Alvarez starting a rehab assignment this week.

Jett Williams still having wrist soreness so got a 2nd cortisone shot. If it doesn't work then he might need surgery.

I doubt anyone is even watching the games anymore. But the Mets got outstanding starting pitching by McGill today. 7IP 0R, 9K.
Turned it over to the bullpen in the 8th, Up 2-0, and the defense has back to back errors on double play balls. So let’s see what happens next…

I live bet the dodgers in top 9 down 2-1. I was shocked it was +550. Floored I thought it would be closer to even money. $20 to win $110. What a bet!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT