ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

I don't think they'll bring Sproat up this year but if they want to limit Scott's IP I can see him in the pen later this year.

They already have shown that they want to limit Scott's innings. They sent him to the minors to pitch shorter outings.

Yeah, Sproat seems unlikely. But the guy will turn 24 before the season ends, and if his command is as good as his stats suggests, and given his stuff, he may be able to make the leap. If it doesn't work, you send him back down for more seasoning.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Espn Party GIF by X Games

Reactions: yesrutgers01
The joke is all the articles I keep reading how the Mets have a surplus of starters. These articles said the Mets should trade some starters for relievers...wtf

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Need to start turning this month of July into another winner. 4 games against the good pitching Pirates starting with this rookie Skenes tonight after doing nothing against the Nats pitcher yesterday. Then its Nats again, Rockies and at the Marlins right after the break. Would be nice to get some games over .500 during this stretch rather than 1 game over, then back to even, one game under, back to even.
Not only can he pitch real good, but Skenes is dating Olivia Dunne.
Talk about a winner.

Reactions: 29PAS
Remember the name Eric Orze. We may see him sooner rather than later.

Love the Fujinami line. There is a reason the Mets signed him for guaranteed major league money. The reason is that his stuff is electric. If he can somehow harness it...
Orze is up today. I mentioned him last week or earlier this week, I forget. I believe he profiles similar to Nunez.

I went back to look at Orze's numbers through the past few years. I thought he was a little better so I'm not expecting much here unfortunately unless Hefner unlocks something.

So we have seen our last of Adcock for awhile, but who knows, with a couple of good outings at AAA, he may re-emerge.

While this is not news, Diaz suspension is done and he has been activated for tonight's game.

Reactions: Wagram97
It'll be interesting to see how Diaz performs with the umps focused on sticky stuff with him. I'd heard a report before the incident that Diaz had been struggling due to a loss of some velocity and the new rules as to what you can have on your hands. I hope that isn't true because, if it is, it could forecast some problems upon his return.

When Orze makes his debut in #53, he will be the 30th pitcher used by the Mets this season. Only 29 if you exclude Torrens' cameo last night. Still a lot before the all-star break.

The record is 42, by Seattle in 2019. That was when you could add reinforcements in September.

By contrast, the 1986 Mets used only 15 pitchers all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT