ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

so- we pretty much have given up nothing for two professional relief pitchers and a solid MLB OF...also signed JBJ to a minor league contract.
That is some crazy good GM work so far.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Guy in a 2-26 slump with a swollen knee can play but a guy who took a morning flight can’t play

Didn’t Mets score 100 runs vs Yankees after landing at 5am ????

Gary actually mentioned that some or most the boos for Azuna are because of his domestic abuse past

He’s a drunk driving wife beating scumbag

Reactions: shields
When Megill and Peterson fall apart it is lightning fast …9-10 in row to walks and laser beams all over the diamond

Peterson has been Houdini most of the year
Mets need another starter

When Megill and Peterson fall apart it is lightning fast …9-10 in row to walks and laser beams all over the diamond

Peterson has been Houdini most of the year
Mets need another starter
Neither Megill nor Peterson are mentally tough enough to start. Long delivers at best, where they only have to pitch a couple of innings.

Reactions: nutfromSEC117
Gamel Gotta Go. And yes I know we still need a stud pitcher and another reliever. Problem is we have replacements in our farm system that can/should outperform him. Give them a chance.

Neither Megill nor Peterson are mentally tough enough to start. Long delivers at best, where they only have to pitch a couple of innings.
I'd be just as concerned about there being yet another zero on the Mets side of the scoreboard. Besides the home run barrage against Morton the offense has been offensive in this series.

Who is this axe murderer guy on the mound?

Looks like Kiler from Beavis and Butt-Head

latest

Last edited:
Trillion would be a good Senga replacement but with an era under 3 they sure wouldn't part with him for peanuts.
And you're getting two years of team control. It will take an elite prospect to get him.

You get Taillion, you are all-in. Question: Is this team good enough for Stearns to go all-in on? I say no.

And you're getting two years of team control. It will take an elite prospect to get him.

You get Taillion, you are all-in. Question: Is this team good enough for Stearns to go all-in on? I say no.
I think Uncle Steve will have final say on that. But if you decide you aren't good enough to win with a lot of these guys in their prime then you may as well start a retooling. Let guys like Alonso walk etc.

20 home games in late August and September

10,000 extra fans $50-75 per fan
$10-$15 million

Maybe more then 10,000 fans in late Sept
Late last year there were probably under 1000 walk ups and the place was empty

If it were me I wouldn't give up much at all for Taillon. Career year that isn't that great, so-so peripherals including he doesn't miss many bats.

"So-so peripherals including he doesn't miss many bats" could describe most of the other available arms on the market.

Giving up a top 15 prospect for Winker - a rental who will platoon at most - says to me that the price for any pitcher with a pulse will be way out of whack.

Mets made room for Winker on the 40 man by moving Senga from the 15 day IL (where he had spent one day) to the 60 day IL. That action should dispel any doubts as to the severity of Senga's injury.

According to Tim Britton
Diekman was on pace for 66 appearances, which would have guaranteed his club option at $4M for next season. Now that won’t happen.

According to Tim Britton
Diekman was on pace for 66 appearances, which would have guaranteed his club option at $4M for next season. Now that won’t happen.
That is correct. If he had gotten to 58, his club option is guaranteed. Whether that term carries forward to his next team (if he finds one) I cannot say.

When Gage gets into a game, he will be the 35th pitcher the Mets use this year. 34 "real" pitchers, plus Torrens who threw a mop up inning somewhere along the line. The record is 42 (40 "real" pitchers) set by the Seattle Mariners in 2019. That record will be tough to catch, as teams can no longer load up on September call ups. But I think the Mets may just make a run at it.

Well Diekman you will always have the Aaaron Judge moment to tell your grandkids about.
I suspect that Jake Diekman will be in somebody's bullpen in October. He has something going for him that 90% of the population can only dream about. He can throw with his left hand.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT