ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Let’s go JD break out of it now

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅😻💣💣😻😻💣😻💣😻😻😻😻😻💣💣💣💣💣💣

Grand Slam Baseball GIF by Charros de Jalisco

I had been only mildly optimistic about the return of Senga, so this is not a huge deal for me.

Just win the game and worry about this later.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Ugh. Unfortunately same feeling here. Senga is huge for the team. Can’t lose him for an extended period of time again

Hopefully he’s back soon.
Would love to have a healthy Senga back, but to say "we can't lose him", yeah I dunno, our record over the past 2 months says otherwise.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Just looked at season stats
That’s a no
2-5 6.49 era

I just go to Google and get all the Mets news
There is a line of X messages

I don’t have X or insta
Ya, checked his stats on baseball reference. Wasn't impressive on his way up the ranks either.

Not sure how indicative that typically is. IE do guys with good stuff often not put up good minor league numbers before going on to having succesfull major league careers?

Mendoza didn’t seem too optimistic about Senga. Ugh.

MRI tomorrow to assess severity of injury.

I’m Much more upset about the injury than the happiness with the win tonight.

Conforto is meh. Has been for the last four years, of which he has only played three.

That said, "meh" is a major upgrade over Stewart and Gamel. And Conforto would be nothing more than a rental on an expiring contract. So sure, if Uncle Steve is willing to add to the luxury tax bill for 2024, who am I to disagree? As long as no Top 20 prospects are involved.

Reactions: Zak57
Was at game. Weird vibe, as there always is IMO on Fireworks Night games. You have fans arriving in the sixth inning. The Senga injury, plus the general level of apprehensiveness re the Mets pen, kind of put a damper on things.

Fireworks show has gone downhill since the days of the Grucchi (sp?) brothers.

Was at game. Weird vibe, as there always is IMO on Fireworks Night games. You have fans arriving in the sixth inning. The Senga injury, plus the general level of apprehensiveness re the Mets pen, kind of put a damper on things.

Fireworks show has gone downhill since the days of the Grucchi (sp?) brothers.
Seemed like park was going crazy in the 3 HR inning.

Pipeline puts in Edward Lantigua in our top 30 after we traded Rhylan Thomas for Stanek.

Lantigua was another one of the bigger IFA signs this year.

Infinity and beyond
One cool thing about being at this game (as I type this on the train home) was watching Eric Orze's ERA fluctuate on the scoreboard.

When he entered the game, the scoreboard charitably gave him an ERA of 0.00. When he got his first out, it was correctly updated to 108.00. That's 108 runs per nine innings. After his second out, it was down to 54. Then 36. Finally settled at 21.55 I think.

We were all rooting for him. Well I was anyway.

He'll probably be sent down to make room for Stanek. At least he'll leave with a proper ERA. Extraordinarily high, but calculable.

Last edited:
One cool thing about being at this game (as I type this on the train home) was watching Eric Orze's ERA fluctuate on the scoreboard.

When he entered the game, the scoreboard charitably game him an ERA of 0.00. When he got his first out, it was correctly updated to 108.00. That's 108 runs per nine innings. After his second out, it was down to 54. Then 36. Finally settled at 21.55 I think.

We were all rooting for him. Well I was anyway.

He'll probably be sent down to make room for Stanek. At least he'll leave with a proper ERA. Extraordinarily high, but calculable.
Orze was listed with no ERA upon entering because you have to record an out first.

Orze was listed with no ERA upon entering because you have to record an out first.
Mathematically, if you give up a run without recording an out, your ERA is (1*9)/0. Can't divide by zero. So a charitable way to say it is that you don't have an ERA. A less charitable, but mathematically correct, statement is that your ERA is infinite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT