ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

The money is coming in on the Mets.
Tonight's game started with Sale at around a -130 favorite.
He has since dropped to -110,making the game a pick.

I'll start walking down to the PATH around 4:15,figuring on getting there when the gates open to walk through the Rotunda,asking the question:"Why isn't this area named for Gil Hodges?While being an American hero,he had nothing to do with the Mets."
Maybe I'll again catch Howie and Gary tonight in the elevator after the game and ask them.

My dream ending to the season would have the Phillies beat the Mets in the NLCS,then beat the Yankees in the World Series.
If nothing else,the Turnpike revenues would go way up.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Let's do it again tonight, and then you can take another stab at it.
I have to hand it to Mendoza. He made about 10 decision over the course of those two games that I would have crushed him for if any of them didn't work out. But they all did.

In game 1, I actually agreed with the decision to pitch to Judge. Diekman looked wild and if you walk Judge, there's a pretty good chance he walks someone else unintentionally and you end up losing. So better to make him earn it. That Judge was not mentally prepared for the AB and took strike 3 was stunning. If the Mets had intentionally walked him in the other ABs, he would have been more locked in. But after taking so many pitches all night, he wasn't ready to hit.

Game 2 was all the more enjoyable because I was drinking beers in a friend's backyard while watching. With each passing inning, the smile on my face got bigger and bigger. I said some pretty mean things to Gerrit Cole which I'll blame on the alcohol. His lifetime ERA against the Mets is over 7. Hee Haw!

For relievers, ERA is often not a good barometer to how they are pitching. Because because the calculation is earned runs x 9 divided by innings pitched, one bad inning can send their ERA soaring.
True, but when you're ERA is under 1 in over 10 ip's that says you haven't had even a single bad inning.

Conversely when multiple guys have era's over 6, or even 8, over a stretch, that says a bunch of guys have had bad innings during that stretch.

Lets Go Sport GIF by SNY

Wow. Another unreal win! How the heck did we pull that off ? Oh yeah - Laureano! Lol

Thank goodness McNeil and Laureano washed out awful ABs by JD and Vientos in 10th inning. Lol

Whatta wild card race !

Honorable mention to whoever called for a suicide squeeze with a runner on 3rd and 1 out in the Braves half of the 10th.
I don't think anyone did, as suggested by the fact that Kelenic pulled the bat back. I think a safety squeeze was called and there was a communication faux pas. Which is hard to imagine, since the third base coach is right there whispering in his ear.

Mike Mayer of Metsmerized Online, who is occasionally quoted in this thread, has released his updated Top 50 prospects: Eight 2024 draftees entered the list, led by top pick Carson Benge at #6.

Stock Up:
Brandon Sproat #1 (Wow!)
Jonah Tong #7
Nolan McLean #14

Stock Down:
Luisangel Acuna #12
Kevin Parada #17
Mike Vasil #27
Alex Ramirez #31 (Yuck!)

MLB Pipeline, considered the gold standard in this cottage industry, will issue its updates next month, after the trading deadline which will no doubt result in further changes.

Pipeline is not the gold standard. Baseball America has been and is the standard and they basically started the industry.

Speaking of Pipeline when Scott officially graduated they put Kade Morris in the top 30 at 26.

Some trades last night. A possible target for us AJ Puk of the Marlins got sent to Arizona for prospects.

Randy Arozarena of the Rays traded to the Mariners also for prospects.

Pipeline is not the gold standard. Baseball America has been and is the standard and they basically started the industry.

Speaking of Pipeline when Scott officially graduated they put Kade Morris in the top 30 at 26.
I'd have trouble calling any of these list-makers gold standards, though cottage industry sounds about right. The gold standards aren't talking.

You are so wrong.
He’s been getting 7th & 8th inning spots. The price for a reliable bullpen arm just went up.
Lol no it won't. If we have the best offer we have the best offer especially if a team is looking to offload some cash. Nunez being hurt for we have no idea how long will not matter. Yes he's been one of our most reliable pen arms so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT