ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Mets traded LHP Josh Walker to the Pirates.

Reports are the Mets will receive Nicolas Carreno, a left-handed pitcher in the DSL, from the Pirates in return.

Last edited:
Fujinami sent to AAA

I think a starter is coming, probably Snell from what people have been saying

Padres traded 4 prospects, including 3 of their top 5 for rental Tanner Scott. Granted he's a very good rental but still.
Issue also is with any pitcher you always worry about an injury. Then 4 prospects are gone including your top 3 of 5.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I have no idea whether these trades will help, but I am generally happy to see the front office making moves that aren't the ones touted in the press, on message boards, or in X by roided up fans who think they're now experts. The press isn't any good at this. But winning GMs and front offices are. I hope we've got one of those now. It doesn't mean that this trade will be a massive help this year. But it could mean that the other options available--options that, say, Eppler may have chosen--weren't good ones.

Last edited:
The Blackburn trade is exactly the type of trade that they should have made IMO. An incremental upgrade, with one year of affordable team control. Mets are in it, but not all-in. This team is not good enough for Stearns to go all-in on.

Morris was their #25 prospect according to MLB Pipeline.

Per Mike Mayer:

Mets are getting Huascar Brazobán for utility prospect Wilfredo Lara. He was No. 35 on my updated Mets prospect list.

Mets have held onto their top prospects and still have gotten players back that will make this team better.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I am really starting to like this guy Stearns. Still want to see Pete hit 500 for the Met's though- just saying lol

Ty Adcock DFA'd to free up one spot on the 40 man. The 40 man is now at 41, so one more move has to be announced.

No moves have been made to the active roster yet. I assume that happens tomorrow when the new players arrive.

Ty Adcock DFA'd to free up one spot on the 40 man. The 40 man is now at 41, so one more move has to be announced.

No moves have been made to the active roster yet. I assume that happens tomorrow when the new players arrive.
Logan Porter DFA'd.

Per Mike Mayer:

Mets are getting Huascar Brazobán for utility prospect Wilfredo Lara. He was No. 35 on my updated Mets prospect list.
Brazoban the unique combo of sorta old but a ton of team control. If he were 24 with these stats he'd cost a kings ransom.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Mets did what they had to at deadline getting an outfielder / starter and bullpen help.

Good job !

Did they do enough to secure a playoff bid? TBD

No major prospects traded - which is good. Only would have traded any of the toon prospects for Skubal which wasn’t going to happen.

Big pitching performances by Sean and the pen. Not often can we win only scoring 2 runs. Very happy we did mortgage the farm ( system) for some of the players teams over paid for.

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by New York Mets

If Tyler Zuber appears in a game for the Mets (which is not a certainty, he seems like a depth acquisition), he will break a record which has been held by the same player throughout the entire history of the franchise - all the way back to Opening Day 1962.

Anyone care to take a shot at what record, and who currently holds it?

One disappointing note about the recent trades. Teams are always looking for pitchers who can give you length. The Mets just traded two guys who can do exactly that. Paul Gervase is 6'10" long, and Tyler Stuart is 6'8".

By contrast, Nicolas Carreno, the 18 year old lottery ticket they got for Josh Walker, is only 5'10".

If Tyler Zuber appears in a game for the Mets (which is not a certainty, he seems like a depth acquisition), he will break a record which has been held by the same player throughout the entire history of the franchise - all the way back to Opening Day 1962.

Anyone care to take a shot at what record, and who currently holds it?
Zimmer to Zuber.

Ah already mentioned oh well.

Figured I haven't done one in a while. This is updated with all the trades that were completed so prospects removed and added. FCL season is over so scrubbed them off if any in the HM section. Added Ritter to HM even though he's older as he's having a nice season with the bat. I thought we might see him at some point but looking unlikely.

I believe there will be another update to re-rank and also include the 2024 draftees so expect this to change again soon.

July 30 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) - Injured
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - 2/4, RBI, BB, K, .227/.641
  3. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (AA Binghamton) - 0/3, BB, K, .223/.863
  4. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 2/5, R, RBI, 2 K, .262/.666
  5. Brandon Sproat RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/2, R, RBI, BB, .209/.606
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) - 1/4, 2B(16), 2 K, .231/.707
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, 1 HR, 5.42, W(5-6)
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - Season Completed
  13. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  14. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  15. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) - 0/4, K, .226/.636
  16. Yovanny Rodriguez C (DSL Mets Orange) - DNP
  17. Nolan McLean RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  18. Jonah Tong RHP (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  19. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, K, .280/.751
  20. Jesus Baez SS/2B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  21. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured; TJS Out for Season
  22. Boston Baro SS/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/4, R, BB, 3 K, .280/.755
  23. Nick Morabito OF (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  24. Edward Lantigua OF (DSL Mets Orange) - 1/3, R, BB, 2 K, .317/.940
  25. Daiverson Gutierrez C (Rookie FCL Mets) - Season Completed
  26. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  27. A.J. Ewing 2B/CF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/3, R, BB, 3 K, .199/.577
  28. Jack Wenninger RHP (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  29. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  30. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 9 K, 0 HR, 5.47, W(2-6)
Honorable Mention

• Wilkin Ramos RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  • Luke Ritter IF/OF (AAA Syracuse) - 3/3, HR(20), 2B(16), R, RBI, 2 BB, .265/.874
  • Douglas Orellana (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  • Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • Willy Fanas OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, RBI, K, .219/.585

Figured I haven't done one in a while. This is updated with all the trades that were completed so prospects removed and added. FCL season is over so scrubbed them off if any in the HM section. Added Ritter to HM even though he's older as he's having a nice season with the bat. I thought we might see him at some point but looking unlikely.

I believe there will be another update to re-rank and also include the 2024 draftees so expect this to change again soon.

July 30 Mets Farm Report (Top 30 Prospects per MLB Pipeline)

AVG/OPS or E.R.A (W-L) (S)

1. Jett Williams SS/CF (AA Binghamton) - Injured
  2. Drew Gilbert OF (AAA Syracuse) - 2/4, RBI, BB, K, .227/.641
  3. Ryan Clifford OF/1B (AA Binghamton) - 0/3, BB, K, .223/.863
  4. Luisangel Acuna SS/2B (AAA Syracuse) - 2/5, R, RBI, 2 K, .262/.666
  5. Brandon Sproat RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  6. Ronny Mauricio 2B/SS/OF (NY Mets) - Injured; Out for Season
  7. Colin Houck SS (Low A St. Lucie) - 2/2, R, RBI, BB, .209/.606
  8. Marco Vargas INF (Low A St. Lucie) - Injured
  9. Kevin Parada C (AA Binghamton) - 1/4, 2B(16), 2 K, .231/.707
  10. Blade Tidwell RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  11. Mike Vasil RHP (AAA Syracuse) - 7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, 1 HR, 5.42, W(5-6)
  12. Jeremy Rodriguez SS (Rookie FCL Mets) - Season Completed
  13. Dominic Hamel RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  14. Jacob Reimer 3B/1B (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  15. Alex Ramirez OF (AA Binghamton) - 0/4, K, .226/.636
  16. Yovanny Rodriguez C (DSL Mets Orange) - DNP
  17. Nolan McLean RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  18. Jonah Tong RHP (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  19. Ronald Hernandez C/1B (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, K, .280/.751
  20. Jesus Baez SS/2B (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  21. Calvin Ziegler RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured; TJS Out for Season
  22. Boston Baro SS/3B (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/4, R, BB, 3 K, .280/.755
  23. Nick Morabito OF (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  24. Edward Lantigua OF (DSL Mets Orange) - 1/3, R, BB, 2 K, .317/.940
  25. Daiverson Gutierrez C (Rookie FCL Mets) - Season Completed
  26. Raimon Gomez RHP (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  27. A.J. Ewing 2B/CF (Low A St. Lucie) - 0/3, R, BB, 3 K, .199/.577
  28. Jack Wenninger RHP (High A Brooklyn) - PPD
  29. Joander Suarez RHP (AA Binghamton) - DNP
  30. Saul Garcia RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 9 K, 0 HR, 5.47, W(2-6)
Honorable Mention

• Wilkin Ramos RHP (AAA Syracuse) - DNP
  • Luke Ritter IF/OF (AAA Syracuse) - 3/3, HR(20), 2B(16), R, RBI, 2 BB, .265/.874
  • Douglas Orellana (High A Brooklyn) - Injured
  • Joel Diaz RHP (Low A St. Lucie) - DNP
  • Willy Fanas OF (Low A St. Lucie) - 1/4, RBI, K, .219/.585
Other than Sproat, the pitching in AA and AAA in the top 20 of this list is weak, a reminder that it's still going to take time to fix this system.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT