ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

A couple tidbits on Pete LaCock. Just some useless stuff that floats around in my brain.
1. His dad is Peter Marshall from Hollywood Squares
2. Hit a grand slam off Bob Gibson in the last inning Gibson threw in his career.
I read Bob Gibson's (and Reggie Jackson's) book. He probably addressed that, but I don't remember an anecdote on that--my memory sucks. My doctor recommended that I take that supplement Prevagen to help with my memory, but I keep forgetting.

Pete LaCock's Storytelling:

Yup monster start from Sproat! Fantastic to see.

Also great to see Allan back on a mound. If he can make it back to pitch in an actual game at some point that would be incredible considering how many injuries he's been through.

Number 7 GIF by Beach Boss Influencers

I predict that Sproat's next start will be with the Mets. Syracuse Mets that is.
Hopefully not! Want to see him pitch next week in Somerset!!

Binghamton is in Somerset next week Tues-Sunday if anyone was looking to go.

Hopefully not! Want to see him pitch next week in Somerset!!

Binghamton is in Somerset next week Tues-Sunday if anyone was looking to go.
If it was closer I would go

Disappointed with the SAL and their scheduling this year. The Cyclones are already done playing the BlueClaws here. Just a few games in Brooklyn left.

Reactions: Zak57
If it was closer I would go

Disappointed with the SAL and their scheduling this year. The Cyclones are already done playing the BlueClaws here. Just a few games in Brooklyn left.
Yeah I remember we spoke about that a while ago. I was disappointed as well as I wanted to go and hit up the new Icarus brewery. Something to do for next year I suppose!

Somerset is nice as well if you ever get over there.

Yeah I remember we spoke about that a while ago. I was disappointed as well as I wanted to go and hit up the new Icarus brewery. Something to do for next year I suppose!

Somerset is nice as well if you ever get over there.
It is. Just too much of a hassle to get there from where I am.

I wish/hope the Trenton Thunder become a real affiliated minor league team again.

That park could be AAA if it ever happens.

Tons of missed played balls that are not “technically” errors
Vientos getting better but is still below average

Demoralizing loss and very poor managed game by Mendoza.

Mendoza stayed with Brazoban too long. He was gassed. Should have been pulled after the walk.

Didn’t agree with him pinch running Iglesias for Vientos

Via the above, He couldn’t pinch hit Iglesias for Torrens or Taylor. Both are atrocious.

Why is game not on yet ?

Extra innings has not turned game on yet

😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Paul Simon is also a Yankee fan.

Bridge over Troubled Water is his best song ! A Gem!

Mets are meddling in very troubled waters right now !

Is Pete's value dropping? Will the Mets make an offer similar to what they offered him back last year/ off-season or less?

Pete has hurt himself and either benefited us or hurt us. If we know that this is a one off and that he would be back to his 40+ 110+, then a $25 per year is cool for all. But, if we go based on this year- I cant see him getting more that 5/110 from anyone. So, maybe he takes that from us because he knows he has another $20mil or so off the field here or he goes to someone else because he feels hurt we didnt offer more than anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT